PDA

View Full Version : megamax

JRP
11-21-2004, 11:58 AM
ok well i just got my fmf megamax 2 and i put it on. well my neighbors are already complainning. i have the quietcore in and all 11 disks. is there soem way to make it quieter. thanxs

11-21-2004, 12:20 PM
more disks=louder

less disks=quieter

if i were u i would tell the neighbours to quit whining and that it could be worse. you could have a cobra exhaust:eek2:

JRP
11-21-2004, 12:21 PM
so if i put like 2 disks on it would be pretty quiet?

khen
11-21-2004, 01:15 PM
2 disks would make it quiter, but it will also make the exhaust more restricted. You would most likely lose some of your top end power. I don't think I would go as low as 2 disks if I were you, maybe try 5 or 6.

Aceman
11-21-2004, 01:36 PM
Read your instructions that came with the pipe. I think the lowest amount of disks you can run is 8.

chucked
11-21-2004, 02:06 PM
i believe the less the disks the more bottom end / less bottom end, the more the disks the less bottom end / more top end.

JRP
11-21-2004, 02:50 PM
any one else know anything that will make it quieter?

chucked
11-21-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by JRP
any one else know anything that will make it quieter?

You cant really do anything else to a pipe to make it quieter besides replacing it with a quieter one.

JRP
11-21-2004, 05:04 PM
how many db is it with all 11 disks in and the quietcore. thanks

JR3
11-21-2004, 05:09 PM
jus keep it low rpms nand don rev it if u have to pass by ur neighbors house

Destructo
11-21-2004, 05:23 PM
You think thats loud? Try running my supertrapp on the 85 XR200R with NO discs and no end cap, now thats loud! But it sounds so sweet! My supertrapp is loud even with like 6 disc in it, but the core is stopped up with carbon buildup and crap, so the packing is useless anyway.

But, less discs= Quieter and more low end while more discs=more top end and louder.

I guess the only other way other than replacing the pipe you might could get some internal pipe baffles like they use on some street bikes that just slip inside the pipe, but I don't know if they make them small enough and its going to hurt exhaust flow.

muddy400EX
11-21-2004, 06:02 PM
just tell your neighbors to STFU and stop complaining.

JRP
11-21-2004, 06:08 PM
yea i want to do that rele bad but there so gay. they will go and tell the contractor of the neighborhood and he will go tell the owner then i will be screwed. i hate my neighborhood. i have a small track in my back yard and they ***** about it all the day. its so f'ed up :grr: :mad:

Destructo
11-21-2004, 06:24 PM
That sir is why I don't live in a neighborhood, we have 3 3/4 acres I have some small trails in the woods, nobody can say crap to me, its our own property and unless i'm disturbing the peace after 9pm like firing the .30-30 or whatever then nobody cares, I have never heard my neighbors complain, their pretty nice. We don't live real close to any of them either, so its nice and all the houses are seperated by some woods.

I don't think i'll ever be able to live in a neighborhood, they have too many regulations and I most certainly don't adhere to them, they would probably complain about my 85 chevy sitting in the driveway, and it looks nice lol. Some places around here if its anything less than a Benz or Lexus or something the neighbors start to *****.

muddy400EX
11-21-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by JRP
yea i want to do that rele bad but there so gay. they will go and tell the contractor of the neighborhood and he will go tell the owner then i will be screwed. i hate my neighborhood. i have a small track in my back yard and they ***** about it all the day. its so f'ed up :grr: :mad:

im in the exact position as you. i live in this gay perfect little nieghborhood with a bunch of little kids. theres some trails down the road by me so i ride there sometimes and i have to ride on the road a lil to get there and someone called the cops on me a couple days ago. I HATE MY NEIGHBORHOOD!

chucked
11-21-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
im in the exact position as you. i live in this gay perfect little nieghborhood with a bunch of little kids. theres some trails down the road by me so i ride there sometimes and i have to ride on the road a lil to get there and someone called the cops on me a couple days ago. I HATE MY NEIGHBORHOOD!

Prolly some old lady "Look someones having fun, call 911!"

wheeltrax
11-21-2004, 09:38 PM
thats why i really like going to my cabin up north. We have 9 acres of land, and there arent that many people close by. Only once has someone called the cops on us, and that was memorial day weekend a while back when me, my bro and his friends were all up there riding, and our neighbors in the back claimed someone rode a quad across their front property, there were some tracks, but i dont know if it was any of us, or if it was their lawnmower or something?! who knows. That was the only time up there. Where as down where i live normally, i have no place to ride in my back yard, and i usually go to my friends house and go riding. No one complains there to often, other then someone complained one time about the amount of dust that was being created.. Thats why cities suck for ATVs. Sorry for writing a book..

Plante400
11-21-2004, 09:40 PM
O man i remember my brothers 300ex had a cobra exhaust on it when he first got it.. what a head ache and it even seemed to make power loss.. o man that just made me crack up when i saw that post about the cobra