PDA

View Full Version : 2005 MHSC schedule

tprender
11-20-2004, 06:48 PM
Here is some of the changes that were made for the 2005 season. The classes were changed to this:
AA
A
B
Vet B +25
Senior +40
4 Stroke Stock
C
Vet C +25
2-3-4
Beginner
This will also be the starting for all of the races. The riders who finished 1-10 will ride in the AA class, 11-20 will ride in the A class for next year. If the race is paying a cash payout for the AA class. That class that day will be $35 instead of the reg $25. The extra $10 will be put into a pot and then diveded up at the end of the year and given to the top 5 AA riders. All of the races will be on Sat except for the Newark race (Sun at 8:30). All of the races will still be 1 1/2 hr long. I will talk about that later. Scoring will be the same system as the bikes, RFID card under the visor, with the LED readout showing your place. It will be worked on this winter in the Hillbilly races and should be ready to go at the 1st race. A few of the races will have Peewees. We tried to talk about awards and a set percent of the class. Didn't have any luck. So, if you are unhappy with the awards given out at that race, talk to the promoter that day. This is all that I can think of right now. It was a quiet meeting this year.

Feb 26 Elk Creek, Lebanon
March 12 Lake Creek or Old Son, Sedalia
April 2 Kahoka
23 Old Creek, Walnut Shade
30 MXP, Fingers Lake State Park
May 14 Mo dirt Riders, Westphalia
June 4 Cross Timbers, Warsaw
18 Mile High Ranch, Seymour
25 March Of Dimes, Park Hills
July 9 Show-Me, Jamestown
30 Poor Boys, Florance
Aug *21(Sunday) Newark
Oct 15 Mo Mudders, Park Hills
There is one new club and some of the older clubs have moved to different locations. so check directions before you leave that weekend. See you at the races.

Johnny & Monica
11-20-2004, 08:50 PM
Thanks Tom,still no steelville this year:( That was one of my first an favorites.looks like a good year.An lake creek I got hauled outta there in a bambulance ouchhh it still hurts:D But we still want to see you in a Iowa race.Mo. is having a 40+ class this year is that correct? That`ll be neat .How old are you shep?An Geoff?Hope to make alot of them But we`re still loyal to the 7 races Iowa has going on also.Do you know which races will have the mini`s an how many races your being scored on?maybe able to finish both series this year :macho :macho

cinigen9
11-20-2004, 09:02 PM
Tom - are all of the races you listed for quads, or are some of these bikes only?

thanks
Carson

burrows
11-20-2004, 10:38 PM
Tom, nothing like keeping us hanging? Who are our office holders?Also check on the date in Feb. that is showing having a race on Monday. Thanks for filling us in on the race dates. Now we can start planning our busy summer. Momma B

Rdogg450
11-20-2004, 10:40 PM
Feb. 21?? wow that's not too far away.:)

Johnny & Monica
11-20-2004, 10:48 PM
Tom you have feb. 21st at lebanon is on a mon. an april 24 is a sun. just marking the calender an noticed . An none is on Iowa days so thats good . SO hoping you top 10 mo. guys from each class all come to Iowa on sept. 9,10,11 But most will be Iowa racers any ways:D

Johnny & Monica
11-20-2004, 10:49 PM
Damitt momma B you type faster than me lol FEB 21ST

tprender
11-21-2004, 06:38 AM
Sorry about typing in the wrong dates. On the sheet that I had they were Sun and had to change them over to the Sat date, Long day. the officers are the same. I though about running for VP, but I would of had to been the treasurer also and go to all of the races. With my other races I had to pass. I did ask again for an ATV officer, an got noware. Maybe next year. But, again if you have a problem at the race. Go to the promoter that day and talk to them. Don't post it on here. Two promoters said that no one came to them, so there must of not been any problems. Again they don't read this, you must talk to them at the race that day. Our good score keeper said that she was our atv officer, but she didn't want to handle any problems, she was to busy doing scoring.
I didn't list the bike races, only the atv one. the bike have 3 more races and they are all in a row Sep 18,25,and Oct 2.

shep
11-21-2004, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by mikeracerx34
Thanks Tom,still no steelville this year:( That was one of my first an favorites.looks like a good year.An lake creek I got hauled outta there in a bambulance ouchhh it still hurts:D But we still want to see you in a Iowa race.Mo. is having a 40+ class this year is that correct? That`ll be neat .How old are you shep?An Geoff?Hope to make alot of them But we`re still loyal to the 7 races Iowa has going on also.Do you know which races will have the mini`s an how many races your being scored on?maybe able to finish both series this year :macho :macho :bandit:hey johny your safe in 2 ways im not 40 and im 13th over all so i dont get to mess wiyh you anymore!! :devil:

tprender
11-21-2004, 08:08 AM
Just for your info, Next year only 1-5 must ride in the AA class and 6-15 in the A class for 2005. Starting in 2006, 1-10 must ride in the AA and 11-20 in the A class. the bike guys said that it was unfair to make someone move up the next year after changing the rule at the end of the season. But, I would think that most of them will move up anyway for the coming year. Hope that you understand what I am saying.
I tried to get the race to be 2 hrs long, but I was talked down by someone. That person said that most riders didn't want the 2hrs. I want the 2 hrs, because it changes the whole race now that most people will have to pit (maybe for gas) and it gives you more of a chance to make up time if a problem happens also. And, if we pay the same money as the bikes, lets ride the same time.

geogeorge
11-21-2004, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by tprender
Just for your info, Next year only 1-5 must ride in the AA class and 6-15 in the A class for 2005. Starting in 2006, 1-10 must ride in the AA and 11-20 in the A class. the bike guys said that it was unfair to make someone move up the next year after changing the rule at the end of the season. But, I would think that most of them will move up anyway for the coming year. Hope that you understand what I am saying.
I tried to get the race to be 2 hrs long, but I was talked down by someone. That person said that most riders didn't want the 2hrs. I want the 2 hrs, because it changes the whole race now that most people will have to pit (maybe for gas) and it gives you more of a chance to make up time if a problem happens also. And, if we pay the same money as the bikes, lets ride the same time.

Tom tell it like it is. YOu and i were talked down by the ATV Score keeper. :mad:

But I will be nice for now. I still wont my old number back #666 and If I'm not nice she wont give it to me.

geogeorge
11-21-2004, 08:31 AM
Thanks Tom,still no steelville this year:( That was one of my first an favorites.looks like a good year.An lake creek I got hauled outta there in a bambulance ouchhh it still hurts:D But we still want to see you in a Iowa race.Mo. is having a 40+ class this year is that correct? That`ll be neat .How old are you shep?An Geoff?Hope to make alot of them But we`re still loyal to the 7 races Iowa has going on also.Do you know which races will have the mini`s an how many races your being scored on?maybe able to finish both series this year :macho :macho

Ok Johnny I will be 40 for next year so I would be able to run the 40+ class. How ever I'm going to run stock class. Please make note that I will be nice and give you a minute head staart on me.. So please move when I yell.

Thanks
Geoff

shep
11-21-2004, 09:20 AM
:bandit: if its a saterday race it should be 2 hrs, what does it matter to the score keeper how long the race is? !!:ermm:

geogeorge
11-21-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by shep
:bandit: if its a saterday race it should be 2 hrs, what does it matter to the score keeper how long the race is? !!:ermm:

That is what Me and tom were going for. She said the racers do not wont to race for two hours. She said Tom had not talked to enought of the racers and all the ones she has talk to did not wont to race for two hours...

I for one do wont to race for two hours.

Johnny & Monica
11-21-2004, 03:41 PM
2 hours like the big guy`s do in the gncc an iowa:D an geoff since we`re not in the same classes let me by when I`m lapping you on the 4th lap,Or I have to run over you after Carl`s done put tire tracks on your back:devil: Crow is good with mushroom Gravy:D LET`S ROOST!!!!!!!!! I`m bored all ready

shep
11-21-2004, 05:32 PM
Johny you sure like stirrin that pot!!!!!

geogeorge
11-21-2004, 06:39 PM
2 hours like the big guy`s do in the gncc an iowa:D an geoff since we`re not in the same classes let me by when I`m lapping you on the 4th lap,Or I have to run over you after Carl`s done put tire tracks on your back:devil: Crow is good with mushroom Gravy:D LET`S ROOST!!!!!!!!! I`m bored all ready

Johnny. What you can't read?
Look at the starting order. old fart class starts right in front of the stock class. So you think you can come all the way around and lap my you know what?

More like your lucky if I don't take you out before you get 1 lap done.

As for crow, I don't like mushrooms so I don't think I' ll be eating any thank you.

A little over three mounths and we'll know wont we.

Yes I would love to run two hours like the big boys. I do my best riding after the first two laps. have to get into a rithem.

Johnny & Monica
11-21-2004, 07:02 PM
Johny you sure like stirrin that pot!!!!!

It`s easy getting Geoff bent out of shape just having fun:devil: Cant wait to get out an ride some

geogeorge
11-21-2004, 07:32 PM
It`s easy getting Geoff bent out of shape just having fun:devil: Cant wait to get out an ride some

I may be easy but I'm not cheep. Just ask Sheps wife.

Johnny & Monica
11-21-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by geogeorge
I may be easy but I'm not cheep. Just ask Sheps wife.

She said there`s a staker law an you need to obey it damit:devil:

powerstroke
11-21-2004, 09:45 PM
hey tom--this is off topic but senger was telling me about a new monthly magazine out that is covering mhsc???? what is the name of the mag and how do i get a subscription?????? Matt

geogeorge
11-21-2004, 09:46 PM
She said there`s a staker law an you need to obey it damit:devil:

A staker law? does that mean I have to bring her dinner.

Johnny your just sore because I beat you last race of the season. Take pride that you beat me the two before that.

Now seeing that the Iowa and Missouri don't over lap, I'm guessing I can come up there and race a few this up coming year.

I also need to talk with you about some land. Looks like you can have a race in your back yard if you got a place to have it.

tprender
11-22-2004, 06:27 AM
The name of the mag or paper is "ATV Racin' Extra".
www.atvracinextra.com
or
ATV RACIN'EXTRA
147 Branch Road
Springville TN 38256

I sent in about 5 stories to them about the races this year in Mo. It is more like a newspaper than a mag. It only covers atv racing. Todd likes it because I had him write a story for me about the Westphelia race. He was supposed to write a summary of the whole year, but I havn't gotten it from him.

yfz450xc
11-22-2004, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by powerstroke
hey tom--this is off topic but senger was telling me about a new monthly magazine out that is covering mhsc???? what is the name of the mag and how do i get a subscription?????? Matt

Powerstroke, I have got the paper Tom spoke of and he had me
and Greg write articles for the last 2 races and they printed the kahoka races inwhich you and your dogs are mentioned, I am going to try and get some extra copies for everyone at the banquet, Todd S will dave jamie and numerous others I wrote into the article for the next issue on the last park hills race, I'll keep you updated.
Scott

yfz450xc
11-22-2004, 08:04 AM
P.S I'm 41 now and Gaylon too ? and a couple others :D
Hmmmmm :eek2:

Johnny & Monica
11-22-2004, 09:59 AM
yep,I forgot about Gaylon:eek2: He is pretty fast, An yfz450xc what class did you run last year? I guess I better leave Geoff alone an worry about staying on the same lap as you guy`s huh?:grr:

geogeorge
11-22-2004, 10:04 AM
yep,I forgot about Gaylon:eek2: He is pretty fast, An yfz450xc what class did you run last year? I guess I better leave Geoff alone an worry about staying on the same lap as you guy`s huh?:grr:

Hay Johnny, I'll just push you along so you can keep up with them old boys.

Or you could come race the stock class.:eek2:

yfz450xc
11-22-2004, 10:05 AM

Oh I'm not that fast I ran 4 stroke B this last year but was plagued w/ a series of bad luck or just plain stink:D
But it should be a fun year again year # 7 for me in the series been having a good time.

geogeorge
11-22-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by yfz450xc
Oh I'm not that fast I ran 4 stroke B this last year but was plagued w/ a series of bad luck or just plain stink:D
But it should be a fun year again year # 7 for me in the series been having a good time.

Don't let him lie to you like that. hes fast and he knows it.

Year 7. hang in there. I'm going on year 12. If you add the three year break I took in this would be my 15 year. It sucks getting old.

yfz450xc
11-22-2004, 10:24 AM
Geoff : I am still waiting for my class , 4 stroke c super senoir :D
Then I can race w/ team geritol or team AARP w/ diapers on:D

yfz450xc
11-22-2004, 10:27 AM
Also Park hills everyone friday after thanksgiving a crew of us going:cool:

79400ex
11-22-2004, 11:39 AM
THat vet 25+ c is going to be filled withj a lot of sandbaggers just like the 4stroke c class is now. It will be the same problem that they have at GNCC race with peolpe sand basgging in their c classes. Just my two cents.

79400ex
11-22-2004, 11:51 AM
Also, what are going to do with the 30+ class ridewr that are not old enough for the 40+ class? People like John Glann and me. Is there going to be a 1 - 10 in the old 30+ clkass be required to ride vet 25+ b that are not old enough for 40+. And also, are you going to require new riders tahtr sign up in thisclas to to ride at their last highest last class. What I am trying to say is ifm a 4stroke b 25+ [person are they going to be required to sign in vet 25+, b class. If not you are going to have a lot of 4stroke b 25 + riders signing into the vet c 25+ class to sand bag for eaasy troph and pionts. This go back to my first post.

yfz450xc
11-22-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by 79400ex
Also, what are going to do with the 30+ class ridewr that are not old enough for the 40+ class? People like John Glann and me. Is there going to be a 1 - 10 in the old 30+ clkass be required to ride vet 25+ b that are not old enough for 40+. And also, are you going to require new riders tahtr sign up in thisclas to to ride at their last highest last class. What I am trying to say is ifm a 4stroke b 25+ [person are they going to be required to sign in vet 25+, b class. If not you are going to have a lot of 4stroke b 25 + riders signing into the vet c 25+ class to sand bag for eaasy troph and pionts. This go back to my first post.

Mike; You can ride w/ me in the new super senior 4 stroke c class:blah: :D

markk
11-22-2004, 12:23 PM
That is what Me and tom were going for. She said the racers do not wont to race for two hours. She said Tom had not talked to enought of the racers and all the ones she has talk to did not wont to race for two hours...

I for one do wont to race for two hours.

I havent ever hit a MO H.S. but i like the longer the better!!!!!

geogeorge
11-22-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by 79400ex

This is easy.
1) if you raced B last year and you were going to run b this year the you will be in a b class.
You over 30 under 40 people can race in the b or c class. de pends on how fast you think you are.

ALL C classes start in back. that should take the sandbagers out of it. If your that far back and passing everyone someone will have a talk with you and I'm sure yu will be moving up.

So problem soveld. If a C guy passes my but in the stock class you should be in the B classes. Easy, See

geogeorge
11-22-2004, 12:34 PM
Geoff : I am still waiting for my class , 4 stroke c super senoir :D
Then I can race w/ team geritol or team AARP w/ diapers on:D

Were working on that one but Tom keeps forgetting to add it. Sign on old age so I guess there would be two of you in that class.

:macho weres the ex-lax.

yfz450xc
11-22-2004, 12:37 PM
Were working on that one but Tom keeps forgetting to add it. Sign on old age so I guess there would be two of you in that class.

:macho weres the ex-lax.

:blah: :blah: :blah: :macho :macho :chinese: :scary: :o

geogeorge
11-22-2004, 12:40 PM
:blah: :blah: :blah: :macho :macho :chinese: :scary: :o

Don't you have a job you should be at or something?

tprender
11-22-2004, 01:21 PM
If you are over 30 and your waist size is above 40 in you can still ride in the +40 class I think. It says nothing about it being your age. It could be your waist size, IQ, or ? An some of you I am not sure if your IQ is that high. An if it is, it must have been a scoring error or you filled in the circles to make a pretty picture and they just happened to turned out to be correct answers.

I would think that the ones who were in the top 5 in the old senior class would ride in one of the B classes or maybe they might have to ride in the A class (Shep).

Who works, I am retired.

yfz450xc
11-22-2004, 01:43 PM
Is this a new funny side of Tom we have not seen before or is it just a strange cioncedence that he sounds Like Geoff but rides like Mike but is still good looking like yfz450xc.:blah:

geogeorge
11-22-2004, 01:50 PM
Is this a new funny side of Tom we have not seen before or is it just a strange cioncedence that he sounds Like Geoff but rides like Mike but is still good looking like yfz450xc.:blah:

spells better the I do,
Rides faster then mike does,
and if you think your good looking we all need glasses.

watts16
11-22-2004, 02:39 PM
is there a class for juniors? im 15 and have a 300EX is there a class for me?

Thanks Greg

shep
11-22-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by exracer16
is there a class for juniors? im 15 and have a 300EX is there a class for me?

Thanks Greg prolly the begginer class!!

watts16
11-22-2004, 02:59 PM
ok thanks shep i wasnt sure if i had to be 16 or not

greg

shep
11-22-2004, 03:13 PM
you are suppsed to be 16 but mo is pretty laxxed!!

burrows
11-22-2004, 03:44 PM
you are suppsed to be 16 but mo is pretty laxxed!!

Hey there sweety!! As long as it is not an AMA or ATVA race you can be any age as long as you can handle what you are riding but if it is an AMA or ATVA like Park Hills then yu have to be 16 unless they have a Jr. Class. Bradley is 13 now and he rides the beginner class when he doesn't knock his front tooth out.

Everyone have a great turkey day..............Momma B

tprender
11-22-2004, 03:56 PM
there is no age requiments in the mhsc. If you are 15 and have a 300ex, you would be best to ride in the 2-3-4 class. That was part of the reason for that class.
In the mid 70's when I 1st started to ride, that was when I was fast. Now I just ride and have a good time.

shep
11-22-2004, 03:57 PM
Momma B is there anyway possible that you could be anymore sexy than you already are!!!

geogeorge
11-22-2004, 04:22 PM
there is no age requiments in the mhsc. If you are 15 and have a 300ex, you would be best to ride in the 2-3-4 class. That was part of the reason for that class.
In the mid 70's when I 1st started to ride, that was when I was fast. Now I just ride and have a good time.

Tom are you talking the 1870's and houres?

powerstroke
11-22-2004, 05:06 PM
If you are over 30 and your waist size is above 40 in you can still ride in the +40 class I think. It says nothing about it being your age. It could be your waist size, IQ, or ? An some of you I am not sure if your IQ is that high. An if it is, it must have been a scoring error or you filled in the circles to make a pretty picture and they just happened to turned out to be correct answers.

I would think that the ones who were in the top 5 in the old senior class would ride in one of the B classes or maybe they might have to ride in the A class (Shep).

Who works, I am retired.

wait a minute now tom.......that airplane i drew on my SAT got me into a good college. :devil:

geogeorge
11-22-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by powerstroke
wait a minute now tom.......that airplane i drew on my SAT got me into a good college. :devil:

Dang man you went to college. I didn't know we let smart boys race.

yfz450xc
11-23-2004, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by exracer16
ok thanks shep i wasnt sure if i had to be 16 or not

greg

There is the matter of a release form if I recall right that the "Gaurdian " has to sign but; No , no age restrictions,
That is right ain't it Tom.

Geoff you will need glasses : to see me when I pass so you can see me wave to you as I go by, Boy that sounds familiar huh carl:blah:
Feburary come on lets race pre season practice at the creek Geoff
and bring the "SMACK":D

geogeorge
11-23-2004, 06:56 AM
There is the matter of a release form if I recall right that the "Gaurdian " has to sign but; No , no age restrictions,
That is right ain't it Tom.

Geoff you will need glasses : to see me when I pass so you can see me wave to you as I go by, Boy that sounds familiar huh carl:blah:
Feburary come on lets race pre season practice at the creek Geoff
and bring the "SMACK":D

I don't mind you waving as you go by, all I ask is that you use all your fingers and not just the middle one.

I'm ready now to go riding. Lets quit talking and staart riding.

yfz450xc
11-23-2004, 07:07 AM
I don't mind you waving as you go by, all I ask is that you use all your fingers and not just the middle one.

I'm ready now to go riding. Lets quit talking and staart riding.

Friday Park hills is a for sure right now w/ a crew of us going

geogeorge
11-23-2004, 08:21 AM
Friday Park hills is a for sure right now w/ a crew of us going

I'll be there. what time are we talking?

yfz450xc
11-23-2004, 09:19 AM
I'll be there. what time are we talking?

Right now I'm thinking 10:30 if some of the other guy's get on here tonight and confirm I'll let you know for sure, check your PM for my phone.

Carl Nevins
11-23-2004, 09:28 AM
i hear ya scott. you guys go riding i'll be thinkin bout ya:cuss:

yfz450xc
11-23-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Carl Nevins
i hear ya scott. you guys go riding i'll be thinkin bout ya:cuss:

You can take your utility or use the wifes 250 ex if it will fit you:eek2: :D
Let me know I pick up my new truck ( 2001) tonight so now I have got a extended cab and all of you will miss looking for the old green 71 chevy now :(

Carl Nevins
11-23-2004, 09:42 AM
it's duck huntin weather i think i'm gonna pass. i'll se ya tomorrow.

geogeorge
11-23-2004, 04:46 PM
lets hope it don't rain now. I'm ready.
The quad runs great and she is ready to fly.
Lets go.:macho

Rdogg450
11-23-2004, 06:46 PM
Scott we better make the Flat River plans tomorrow night before we booze it up or plans will get crazy.:huh

shep
11-23-2004, 06:55 PM
:bandit: Sounds like you guys are gonna have a good time!~!:)

geogeorge
11-23-2004, 08:26 PM
:bandit: Sounds like you guys are gonna have a good time!~!:)

what, your not going to come?:(

Rdogg450
11-23-2004, 08:47 PM
Hopefully it dries up a little by friday other than that weather looks pretty good down there.:)

Carl Nevins
11-23-2004, 08:53 PM
scared of a little rain dogg? see ya tomorrow your buyin right? i'm broke

geogeorge
11-23-2004, 11:10 PM
Get use to the mud.
6 of our 13 races are durring the rainy season.

Besides Flat dries out fast. and it will be nice to see something other then dust.

tprender
11-24-2004, 05:55 AM
Just to make you all fell better. I spent all day (Tuesday) riding at flat river, didn't rain any. See what you can do when you don't have to work. Had a great time while all of you were working your butts off. Going to pass on Friday, going shopping. Have to buy myself something for x-mas that I want. Not what will be given to me by the wife.

yfz450xc
11-24-2004, 07:52 AM
Tom I will get you the same thing I got you last year to .
NOTHING:D

powerstroke
11-24-2004, 12:13 PM
riding this weekend.............dont you boys waterfowl?????????? Shep, I shot me a banded drake this morning. We had a sweet hunt. busted up some greenheads.

tprender
11-24-2004, 02:07 PM
Hunting, does that mean getting up real early, standing out in the cold, by yourself, and getting wet. This is all of the reasons that I quit hunting and took up riding more. If it is raining, stay home. Cold, go inside the heated trailer. Sleep to 6 or 7 and then leave to go riding. Plus, I take a good steak any day.

Johnny & Monica
11-24-2004, 04:06 PM
Tom

When you find out which races are going to have the kids 90's, let us know please. Starting to save change now for all the racing we have planned for 2005.:D

geogeorge
11-24-2004, 04:24 PM
Tom

When you find out which races are going to have the kids 90's, let us know please. Starting to save change now for all the racing we have planned for 2005.:D

I think there is like 8 of them that are having pee wee races this year. may be even more. so save up lots of money your going to need it.

You could make the kids get jobs you know.

Johnny & Monica
11-24-2004, 04:44 PM
I think there is like 8 of them that are having pee wee races this year. may be even more. so save up lots of money your going to need it.

You could make the kids get jobs you know.

We're working on that right now. Taylor is one hell of a salesman, she got a bunch of free stuff off the internet and went around the neighborhood selling it and came back with $20.00.

Need to find out the tracks for sure so I can put it on my race schedule.

Rdogg450
11-24-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Carl Nevins
scared of a little rain dogg? see ya tomorrow your buyin right? i'm broke

I'm not scared just don't like cleaning the bike ... Will see you in a bit and maybe i'll buy you a draft. :cool:

Johnny & Monica
11-24-2004, 10:06 PM
Tom Are the kids in for series points this year then? If so I`ll have my 2 kids at all 8 an work the races an not race myself if needed to help any.

tprender
11-25-2004, 05:46 AM
I didn't write down which of them are having kids races. there will be no points and each promoter will do it diff I bet. Frank doesn't want part of the kids in the MHSC. I will check around and ask some other people that were there if they wrote down which ones are for kids.

Johnny & Monica
11-25-2004, 09:14 AM
no points!! Frank sux!!!

Johnny & Monica
11-25-2004, 09:30 AM
Well I will keep track of the kids races and points for them for the season and pass out top 5 plaques in the kids class for the year at the banquet next year. I find a few local sponsors to help give away a few things for the kids too. Thanks Monica

Tom do you think that Frik would let me do that???Can you ask if thats alright or get me his number so I can ask????

geogeorge
11-25-2004, 11:10 AM
Well I will keep track of the kids races and points for them for the season and pass out top 5 plaques in the kids class for the year at the banquet next year. I find a few local sponsors to help give away a few things for the kids too. Thanks Monica

Tom do you think that Frik would let me do that???Can you ask if thats alright or get me his number so I can ask????

Johnny, I'll kick in some money to help pay for al the stuff. And don't worry about frank. If they arn't paying for it what can he say?

Happy T-day.

Johnny & Monica
11-25-2004, 11:21 AM
Thanks Geoff I would buy the top 5 nice plaques an a grap bag full of goodys monica would take care of keeping point`s and of course picture taking an posting.She is really into the kids racing We would help 100% on it an none of them would interfer with our Iowa series The kids racing is our future racers.Cant wait till there older an I can become a lawn chair racer:D Root them on from the side lines.Find out if we can do the points an award them at next years banquet.Alot of sponsors will get into helping the kids. Thanks for your interest Geoff

An for god sakes dont let them kids see you in those black shorts:eek:

geogeorge
11-25-2004, 11:26 AM
Johnny, If you get your better half to find me a good woman matbe some day I could have kids racing too.

Also, i hope your kids don't start betting me at racing. That would really suck youknow.

Johnny & Monica
11-25-2004, 11:32 AM
Geoff I hope some day they`ll be beating us.There spoiled rotten none minding brats but there mine.....:devil: Gotta love them there racing over rides mine.

yfz450xc
11-25-2004, 12:43 PM
Thanks Geoff I would buy the top 5 nice plaques an a grap bag full of goodys monica would take care of keeping point`s and of course picture taking an posting.She is really into the kids racing We would help 100% on it an none of them would interfer with our Iowa series The kids racing is our future racers.Cant wait till there older an I can become a lawn chair racer:D Root them on from the side lines.Find out if we can do the points an award them at next years banquet.Alot of sponsors will get into helping the kids. Thanks for your interest Geoff

An for god sakes dont let them kids see you in those black
shorts:eek:

Let me know I'm in we did 2 youth races at the creek this year
that worked out pretty good but the promoters need to remember that in youth races there is a "VARIETY" of ages and skill levals w/ the youth but it can be done I have been talking this in the MHSC seires but can not or will not do it by myself at least until I am done racing and concentrating on the boy.
It's really not just something you can throw together w/ no thought I have been to these types of youth races and all that does is set the youth back due to a bad course .

geogeorge
11-25-2004, 02:29 PM
Geoff I hope some day they`ll be beating us.There spoiled rotten none minding brats but there mine.....:devil: Gotta love them there racing over rides mine.

I'm still looking for a good woman that will put up with me. once I find that I'll have some rug rats that I wil teach to ride and race. Then my kids can beat your kids. How do like them apples.

:blah:

bjones
11-25-2004, 07:36 PM
geoff, let me know what i can do to help with the youth races in 2005. i'll help out as much as i can

bryan jones atv 430

burrows
11-25-2004, 09:23 PM
Way to go Johnny and Monica. Good to see someone wants to put our future racers on the board and to see so many wanting to help out. That goes for this family too. We will help out as much as we can. Just let us know what we can do. But we do need to find out who is having races for our future racers then that would help. Hopefully they will give them some recognition. They need their time at the Banquet. They do pay to eat.
Momma B

geogeorge
11-26-2004, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by bjones
geoff, let me know what i can do to help with the youth races in 2005. i'll help out as much as i can

bryan jones atv 430

Ha bryan welcome to exrider.
Thanks man I think the kids races will be fun. Have to talk with thom and see if we can make some set classes for them. All this might piss frank off but o well thats life.

tprender
11-26-2004, 07:25 AM
This is the best that I can do on the kids info right now.
1 kahoka, both for sure, 2 walnut shade, yes, both days, 3 mo dirt, both days-atv and bikes, 4 cross timbers, dont know?, 5 mile high, dont know?, 6 mod, both , both days, 7 nasty creek-bikes only, 8 spare parts, bikes only, 9 mudders, atv sat, bikes sunday!!
got this from someone who was at the meeting. You will need to call each one of the promoters to find out times and what classes. It would and will be hard to keep scores if each one is having different classes. Also, from my past experence, don't keep scores. It only will lead to cheating. I found that there was more cheating and complaining in the youth classes than all others. Just let the kids go out and ride. It got so bad one time that we had talked about the next year, just giving out a plaque with no finishing places because of the parnets complaining.

Again just let the kids ride, don't keep scores.

Johnny & Monica
11-26-2004, 08:52 AM
We've been to alot of youth races and never had any trouble with cheaters. Don't keep score???? How boring!!! Ya I'm sure there's a few psycho parents out there but that doesn't bother me. I'm still gonna keep track of the races and pass out things at the end of the year even if I have to mail them to the kids. The whole point is to try and make MHSC better. We're trying to get the kids some sponsorship and the sponsors don't want to see participation awards. Give me the promotors numbers and I'll call all of them and see what classes they are going to run and go from there. I'm not giving up yet.:D

the Z Man
11-26-2004, 09:24 AM
Can a 14 yr. old race a 400ex in the School Boy class

tprender
11-26-2004, 10:55 AM
Well let's see, the school boy class is not listed on any of the atv classes. It is only listed at bike mx races.
When I say don't keep score, is to not keep score from race to race. The parents again are the problem not the kids.
The phone numbers will be listed on the flyer for each promoter, good luck in talking to some of them, remember that some of them are bike people and they have no idea of what an atv is and what the sizes are.
At one of the peewee races, the bike people could not even come up with the correct classes and a good starting order for the mini bikes.

Johnny & Monica
11-26-2004, 11:43 AM
Thanks Tom just trying to do something special for the kids. I got the info numbers off the website so I can start making some calls.

Rdogg450
11-26-2004, 08:12 PM
It was nice actually meeting and riding with you at St.Joe's today.
A little wet for my taste down there today but it was cool.:)

geogeorge
11-26-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Rdogg450
It was nice actually meeting and riding with you at St.Joe's today.
A little wet for my taste down there today but it was cool.:)

hay dogg I had a blast. sorry I left so early but started to feel sick. We will have to do it again when its dryer and I feel better.

Rdogg450
11-27-2004, 01:28 AM
Sounds like a plan.:cool:

11-27-2004, 11:26 AM
man i cant wait for the racing to start...hopefully i can get my elkas on by then...we got a pretty good team going this year cant wait to take em out and get to racing...cant wait to try out the R on the trails down there either...its gonna be fun :devil: :D ...you guys should check out the site...we post the MHSC links for results and everything on there...got some pretty cool pics from last year 2...and 1 really awsome one of the start...check it out... www.warpedracing.tk :macho...hopefully do a little better this year since im not a rookie anymore...made a lot of mistakes last year...got the hang of the hole thing now...get ready for some racin!

Rdogg450
11-27-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
man i cant wait for the racing to start...hopefully i can get my elkas on by then...we got a pretty good team going this year cant wait to take em out and get to racing...cant wait to try out the R on the trails down there either...its gonna be fun :devil: :D ...you guys should check out the site...we post the MHSC links for results and everything on there...got some pretty cool pics from last year 2...and 1 really awsome one of the start...check it out... www.warpedracing.tk :macho...hopefully do a little better this year since im not a rookie anymore...made a lot of mistakes last year...got the hang of the hole thing now...get ready for some racin!

I sent you an e-mail

motoboy66
11-30-2004, 01:30 AM
http://www.warpedracing.tk

This link didn't work for me, I always want to see picutres from my races.

yfz450xc
11-30-2004, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by motoboy66
http://www.warpedracing.tk

This link didn't work for me, I always want to see picutres from my races.

Motoboy why would you want to see pictures of yourself wrecking and being passed, :D
Hey next week( December 11 -12 ?) if your home I am planning on riding somewhere get ahold of us.

yfz450xc
11-30-2004, 04:39 AM
This is the best that I can do on the kids info right now.
1 kahoka, both for sure, 2 walnut shade, yes, both days, 3 mo dirt, both days-atv and bikes, 4 cross timbers, dont know?, 5 mile high, dont know?, 6 mod, both , both days, 7 nasty creek-bikes only, 8 spare parts, bikes only, 9 mudders, atv sat, bikes sunday!!
got this from someone who was at the meeting. You will need to call each one of the promoters to find out times and what classes. It would and will be hard to keep scores if each one is having different classes. Also, from my past experence, don't keep scores. It only will lead to cheating. I found that there was more cheating and complaining in the youth classes than all others. Just let the kids go out and ride. It got so bad one time that we had talked about the next year, just giving out a plaque with no finishing places because of the parnets complaining.

Again just let the kids ride, don't keep scores.

Tom, As a Illinois and Missourri racer I have to say that Taylorville Il as messed up as it is sometimes ( District 17) does do a half way decent job on scores for the youth ATV riders in scrambles and MX and they are giving away jackets and such, what the series needs is some one w/ the time to put in for the youth races it's hard for all of us as you know to race and do the extra stuff required to put on good shows ; in 1-2 more years it will be about all the boy to race so maybe then something can be put together, I have a bunch of good ideas for $ , using donations , 50/50 drawings; sponsors using questionaire sheet on products used by all the racers etc....
We'll talk sunday at meeting .

Johnny & Monica
11-30-2004, 08:54 AM
I`m willing to buy all the overall tropies for the youth class an not race myself to help out . An even pass out a few things to the kids at the banquet ( jerseys gloves ect.)It could me a good thing for the mo. series. Tom don`t think it would be a good Ideal.He just likes to get my ol`lady ******ing an caring on:D It`s her Ideal an are money..Come on Tom help out on this one...:macho

tprender
11-30-2004, 12:19 PM
I am all for the kids, I am not the one that you are fighting. Frank and some of the others don't want the kids in the series. This was something that was, but wasn't talked about at the meeting. I am just telling you what I have seen and know from me doing races. When you do a race and just come to a race, it look's different. I have done Nationals and the riders though that it was the best race in the world. If they only would have known what went on behind the scenes that they didn't see. I have had to do more protests at the youth level over ages, points, and one rider saying that the other rider was cheating than in all of the other classes total. This was at MX not XC races.
I am not saying that it can't be done, but you will have an uphill battle with some of the promoters and officers in the series.

motoboy66
11-30-2004, 12:51 PM
Motoboy why would you want to see pictures of yourself wrecking and being passed, :D
Hey next week( December 11 -12 ?) if your home I am planning on riding somewhere get ahold of us.

Those would be nice to see, remind me of the trees that caused the wreck. If I am around riding sounds good to me, Ill let you know when I find out.