PDA

View Full Version : Elka???

MXRACER86
11-20-2004, 02:12 PM
Does anybody have elka elites with long travel a-arms? If so how is it? Was it worth the money? Also does anybody have a elka rear shock with the linkage? If so how do you like it?

rowlrag
11-20-2004, 05:45 PM
My opinion they are not worth the money for the average joe, I don't know you or your abilities, but I have rode them on my 6hr partners bike and like my LT's the same, sometimes the problem is too many adjustments. The rear is Elka also and I prefer the GT thunder link much better, lowers the bike even more than the Elka link therefore there is more up travel (tires going up) at the same ride height. Helps to keep you away from the bottom out bumper to not have the "kick".

FatBoy Racing
11-20-2004, 07:06 PM
i like mine, i think they're worth the money, when I had the money. but I don't know how they compare to other aftermarket setups 'cuz they are the first move I made from stock, so I'd probably be impressed by anything at the time -- anyways, got 'em and love 'em.

have fun

PEPwalshZ440
11-20-2004, 07:19 PM
Elkas effein suck. Get PEP 8 clicks compression adjust only, so much better than any elka.

rowlrag
11-20-2004, 07:56 PM
If i'm not mistaken this was an Elka question not PEP. Thx for the inpute tho.

Jersey450R
11-20-2004, 09:52 PM
doug gust runs elka and he hasnt been off the podium in 2 years. he dosent like them either.:huh

11-21-2004, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by PEPwalshZ440
Elkas effein suck. Get PEP 8 clicks compression adjust only, so much better than any elka.

lmao ur an idiot...elka tests their shocks with a little rod that is connected remotly to a computer to get the shock valving perfect...they are putting more R&D work in then any other shock company has...they are by far the best shock out right now and will be until the others decide to step up and put the time in like Elka has...PEP takes 3 months to get...Elka takes a week or less and is better then PEP in almost everything...and to answer ur question mx racer i would say that it isnt worth it...unless you race desert or some extreme type of racing then it isnt really worth the money...cuz you can get jus as good performance out of a set up +2 a arms with the normal setup elkas...i mean think about it this way...when are you gonna be using that extra 3 to 5 inches of travel anyway...u sure wont be on a MX track...much less on XC...thats y the only people you see with them are the desert racers and the extreme type of riding...if you really think thats your type of thing go for it....but i can tell u that your money can be spent better else where

joedirt
11-21-2004, 12:15 PM
If you like the looks and functions of the elkas get them. I like Axis. As for using computers to help out with shock setup all of them do it. If a company doesn't use the rod set up on there quad in testing there wasting there time and money. I don't think you need to go with the Elite series. Get the long trave setup and run with it. Like I said I like Axis. There all good you are going to have to setup a shock when you get it anyway. Lots of fine tuning on your part makes between a good shock and a great shock. Good Luck

copedaddy
11-22-2004, 06:26 PM
i have a set of elkas for sale.
front: quad rate comp. adj. ssd with piggyback res.
rear: dual rate comp.adj. ssd with remote res. also have linkage
these shocks are long travel fot the 450r and handle great. you really don't need the elite series. compression is all you really need to worry about. will sell all for $1700. cost $2300 new. only used for about 5 races. contact me at copelandmarty@hotmail. need to sell asap.

drthrottle
11-22-2004, 08:42 PM
joedirt! that's what i'm talking about. readers. you have to weed out the retards who know more about how to reply to a thread than how to wrench on a quad. some people just like to make noise.