PDA

View Full Version : no quick throttle response

gg1919
11-20-2004, 08:46 AM
I recently rejetted, re-filtered, and piped my 400. It runs great all the way up and down the powerband, with one exception... if you jam the throttle really fast when it is idling, it just bogs down like it wants to stall. It's strange because if you move the throttle at a normal paceit will rev up and down smoothly all day, there's no problem at all. Anyone ever heard of this problem??

Toadz400
11-20-2004, 11:19 AM
Sounds like your jetting is still off, try adjusting your needle again. Probably is rich so move it down one and see how that works. (I think it's down to lean it out and up to richen it...if not, move it one up:D )

smallearssuck
11-20-2004, 11:37 AM
play with the screw on the bottom of yoiur carb . . I just had to do this, this morning to fix a slight problem I had. Works wonders . . .:D

LazeR
11-20-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
Sounds like your jetting is still off, try adjusting your needle again. Probably is rich so move it down one and see how that works. (I think it's down to lean it out and up to richen it...if not, move it one up:D )

If you move the clip down you "raise" the needle and if you move the clip up you "lower" the needle......So moving the clip up would lean it out, and lowering the clip would richen it.

Toadz400
11-20-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by LazeR
If you move the clip down you "raise" the needle and if you move the clip up you "lower" the needle......So moving the clip up would lean it out, and lowering the clip would richen it.

Yea that's what I meant:D . Damn needles...why can't everything just be EFI and nothing goes wrong:D .