PDA

View Full Version : How about that NBA fight

spudss
11-20-2004, 07:34 AM
What do you think about the fight last night between Detroit and Indiana?? That was crazy..

muddkitten
11-20-2004, 07:45 AM
i musta missed that one!:confused: what in the world?

FasstMidnightZ
11-20-2004, 07:50 AM
what happend , how

Rdhanded2
11-20-2004, 08:01 AM
whoever that was that got punched is going to be a rich man!

PHAT400
11-20-2004, 08:07 AM
Idiot's.

All i can say is that these jackass's do not get any of my money.

Had a friend who went pro B-Ball and did fairly well with the sonic's but let his willy and his fame get the best of him...

I'm not sure what he's doing now but I see his family once in awhile..

:ermm:

spudss
11-20-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Rdhanded2

I dont know they were all throwing chit on the players.. There again there SUPPOSE to be PROFESSIONALS.. I dont know it sure was crazy.. That one guy in the white shirt on the court got knock smooth out..

PHAT400
11-20-2004, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by spudss
I dont know they were all throwing chit on the players.. There again there SUPPOSE to be PROFESSIONALS.. I dont know it sure was crazy.. That one guy in the white shirt on the court got knock smooth out..

IMO that dude should have kept his mouth shut.. Everybody's a hard *** ya know... I guess he learned his lesson..

:confused:

wishin4ahonda15
11-20-2004, 08:40 AM
those fans deserved what they got. that dude that can unto the floor was an idiot. he derserved to get punched. he had no business out there on the floor. i bet most of those fans were drunk anyway, thats what alcohol does to ya:rolleyes:

TRX250rRacer31
11-20-2004, 08:43 AM
that fight was halarious, the fans got what they deserved, i watched the highlights on sportscenter this morning and just couldnt stop laughing. Most exciting thing i have seen during an NBA game in a long time.

This dude got messed up, he got punched by Jermaine Oneal and Ron Artest... thats just crazy

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/3179322_7_2.jpg

hessianmx111
11-20-2004, 08:52 AM
I say its bull**** those players get payed millions of dollars to play a stupid game, and if they cant handle getting a cup thrown at them while theyre laying on the score table or whatever the hell it is then they need to learn how to better control their temper. That guy in the white shirt that got knocked down that was out in the court was suckerpunched by that dude in the yellow headband, I know that the fans were prolly drunk but that doenst justify the players going and starting **** in the stands with the person that didnt even throw the cup or the person that did for that matter. I thought it was great when the pacers were going back to the locker room and the fans were just throwing anything they had at them.

Honda4trax250x
11-20-2004, 09:04 AM
Is there a link to a video of the fight anywhere on the net?

400grl
11-20-2004, 09:04 AM
I'm so tired of high-paid players who get paid millions of dollars for playing a game we all played since the 5th grade!!!! I mean......good lord.....how about we pay firemen or police officers or people who actually risk personal injury the big bucks and let those sniveling spoiled pieces of crap make minimum wage - you know....because they just LOVE to play??? How about that? I am so disgusted by where our sense of priorities are as a whole these days.......I hate athletes who think they are God's gift.....who think they can have anything and anyone they want, and that they are untouchable regarding normal rules of society.......of all the pro athletes I have met over the years, the only one I can honestly say I really like is Jeremy Roenick.

There should be fines and fees up the wazzoo for this embarrassment to basketball......wait....the NBA is an embarassment to basketball......they should all get fined! LOL!!! :) And that guy in the white shirt is going to be one RICH dude!!

Rico
11-20-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by 400grl
I'm so tired of high-paid players who get paid millions of dollars for playing a game we all played since the 5th grade!!!! I mean......good lord.....how about we pay firemen or police officers or people who actually risk personal injury the big bucks and let those sniveling spoiled pieces of crap make minimum wage - you know....because they just LOVE to play??? How about that? I am so disgusted by where our sense of priorities are as a whole these days.......I hate athletes who think they are God's gift.....who think they can have anything and anyone they want, and that they are untouchable regarding normal rules of society.......of all the pro athletes I have met over the years, the only one I can honestly say I really like is Jeremy Roenick.

There should be fines and fees up the wazzoo for this embarrassment to basketball......wait....the NBA is an embarassment to basketball......they should all get fined! LOL!!! :) And that guy in the white shirt is going to be one RICH dude!!

I can't agree more my sweet....:devil:

Overpaid chumps is what 99% of all NBA thugs, I mean athletes are. The 2 pacers should be fired and pay stop as of last nights game. NBA is far from professional athletes and what happened was not cool and pretty embarassing. I get mud thrown on me at the track but I don't go punch somebody because I didn't like it. Heads need to role over this but I"m sure the gangsta's will talk their way out of it or say it's some kinda racial issue..:rolleyes: The one dumazz said he's been stressed over producing his rap/gangsta garbage album..:rolleyes: Paaa leeease, he's stessed cuz his homies didn't show up wit da udda OG's and beechez wit tha crack pipes and the how to understand ebonics in rap boook,,,,Yeaaaaah boyzzz:scary:

11-20-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Rico
he's stessed cuz his homies didn't show up wit da udda OG's and beechez wit tha crack pipes and the how to understand ebonics in rap boook,,,,Yeaaaaah boyzzz:scary: for rizzle, idz be mad too tho

wishin4ahonda15
11-20-2004, 10:42 AM
you guys are retarded

sportraxrider10
11-20-2004, 11:29 AM
go here to see the link,
http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/3935750/detail.html

FasstMidnightZ
11-20-2004, 11:44 AM
that was awsome :eek2:

jesshamner
11-20-2004, 12:52 PM
I wouldn't be mad if they just got rid of the Indiana Pacers and fired everyone that has ever been on that team. They are always the scrapiest players that have no sportsmanship. They have been a disgrace to the game for a long time now. Like some of the announcers said, the players belong on the court. Once they get into the stands...anything goes. That would have happened in any crowd. Its a given that there are always going to be die hard emotional fans at any sporting event. Artest shouldn't have gone into the crowd. Jackson should be terminated from the NBA. He had no right to punch that dude in the stands. As for the guy Artest hit....he had it coming. Any fan that comes out on the court like he's going to hit someone, deserves what he gets. And for the last punch....That was a coach! How can you have a team of good sportsmen when the coaches are just as much thugs as the rest of them. A coach is the last person that should get involved. That dude came flying across the screen and jacked that dude in the mouth. Thats just wrong.

Dust_1503
11-20-2004, 05:09 PM
I still blame the fans it was over and handled with untill the one fan- one of those guys that into the game way too much- decides to go out and fire everything back up then did it stay stay with that one guy, no all kinds of fans joined in and were throwing crap everywhere. One of them hit the ref in the face with bottle of water. It just shows how stupid people are and how they have to be a part of everything. Just sit back and watch jackasses.

Cole Trane
11-20-2004, 05:20 PM
I don't think that anyone other than Artest and Wallace did anything wrong at all. If some idiotic fan on the side of the race track started throwing dirt clods at me when I went by, I'd run the dumb***** over.

As far as them getting paid a crapton of money, I agree. They get paid to dam much!!

I'll ask you this too, if your friend was in a fight and some dude that wasn't fighting him comes outta nowhere and tries to tackle him, would you bust the dude in the head. I know I would. The guy that O'niel hit was not the same guy that Artest hit, it was his buddy, they were both wearing the same jersey.

JMO, don't wanna start a flame fest.

Mxjunkie
11-20-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Cole Trane
I don't think that anyone other than Artest and Wallace did anything wrong at all. If some idiotic fan on the side of the race track started throwing dirt clods at me when I went by, I'd run the dumb***** over.

As far as them getting paid a crapton of money, I agree. They get paid to dam much!!

I'll ask you this too, if your friend was in a fight and some dude that wasn't fighting him comes outta nowhere and tries to tackle him, would you bust the dude in the head. I know I would. The guy that O'niel hit was not the same guy that Artest hit, it was his buddy, they were both wearing the same jersey.

JMO, don't wanna start a flame fest.

lol, some1 throws anything at me while im racing im gonna let em know, roost or i'll hunt them in the pits :blah:

11-20-2004, 05:24 PM

Overpaid chumps is what 99% of all NBA thugs, I mean athletes are. The 2 pacers should be fired and pay stop as of last nights game. NBA is far from professional athletes and what happened was not cool and pretty embarassing. I get mud thrown on me at the track but I don't go punch somebody because I didn't like it. Heads need to role over this but I"m sure the gangsta's will talk their way out of it or say it's some kinda racial issue..:rolleyes: The one dumazz said he's been stressed over producing his rap/gangsta garbage album..:rolleyes: Paaa leeease, he's stessed cuz his homies didn't show up wit da udda OG's and beechez wit tha crack pipes and the how to understand ebonics in rap boook,,,,Yeaaaaah boyzzz:scary:

finally someone who knows how it truly is

11-20-2004, 11:13 PM
It entertained me, and thats about as far as my interest into the subject goes...being that i hate basketball.

EXRIDER400KFX
11-21-2004, 02:58 AM
i've got to agree with some of yall on here. the NBA is nothing like it used to be years back.

Hammer trx450r
11-21-2004, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by 400grl

Its not there fault that we buy their tickets and where there clothes and sneakers. We as a society are the ones putting them where they are.

popo
11-21-2004, 06:33 AM

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_6_122.gif http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_6_120.gif

RideRedEX
11-21-2004, 08:33 AM
why is it that this is such a big deal, when hockey has 3 fights a night. i've seen alot worse in a hockey game or even a soccer match. if players want to beat the crap out of each other then fine but the fans need to stay out of it. you have to be an idiot to start with to throw something at a guy who is a foot taller and 100 lbs bigger than you.

47501exracer
11-21-2004, 07:16 PM
The suspensions were recently announced.

Artest-remainder of season
Jackson-30 games
O'neal-25 games
B Wallace-6 games.
a few others got like 1-2 games

Being a lifelong Pacer's fan, I hate to see our guys get suspended for that many games, about half that many would have been fine. I do feel that it was uncalled for them going into the stands. Maybe they'll fight dum^#ss Stern's ruling.

And by the way Jess Hammer, who on the Indiana team has ever been like this before now? You have no idea what you are talking about!

86350x
11-21-2004, 07:40 PM
Looked like a bunch of sissy crap to me. Leave the fighting to the fans and players that know HOW to fight. The hockey communtiy of coarse. I think ricos right, and I wanna add that wallace would wipe the floor with artest any day of the week and twice on sunday.

Good thing rons not a boxer, because it looks like he cant hit sh"t That punch didn't even do any damage lol!:p

I-7
11-21-2004, 08:23 PM
I saw the fight on sportscenter and on the internet too. I think its all just garbage. As many other people said, these guys are spoiled, over payed thugs. Oh no! He got a drink thrown at him... better go shoot some people. People just over react. You can wash of the beer. You can't wash off the impressions people have on you. We were talking about the whole over payed super sports stars subject in one of my AP classes. I believe it was something about it would take us over 200 years making 70,000 dollars to reach what alex rodriguez makes in a year. And also, our teacher used an example of how we all will run and gather around 6'8 basketball star joe.. On our way to joe, we knock over judy chen, who is on her way to the lab to research a cure for cancer.(just a crude example but you get the point right) And also how all of these guys playing sports are paid millions and millions of dollars and get all this publicity, but all the police officers, firemen, medical workers, and people in the military are paid squat... You get these articles about Wallace getting 29 points or something with a full page front cover article on the newspaper... and somewhere inbetween... you have a paragraph on how an american soldier died saving 10 iraq civilians... its disgusting :scary:

jesshamner
11-21-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by 47501exracer

And by the way Jess Hammer, who on the Indiana team has ever been like this before now? You have no idea what you are talking about!

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3153548 Check paragraph 10.

Earlier this month, Artest was benched for two games for asking Pacers Rick Carlisle for time off because of a busy schedule that included promoting a rap album.

Artest was suspended twice by the NBA last season, once for leaving the bench during a fracas at a Pacers-Celtics playoff game; the other for elbowing Portland's Derek Anderson. During the 2002-03 season, Artest was suspended five times by the NBA and once by the Pacers for a total of 12 games.

Artest also once grabbed a television camera and smashed it to the ground following a loss to the New York Knicks at Madison Square Garden two years ago....taken from http://www.recorder.ca/cp/Sports/041121/s112113A.html

Artest has earned his hothead reputation for everything from flagrant fouls to smashing a high definition camera worth six figures at Madison Square Garden.

He was suspended for 12 games in 2002-03, but seemed to take a step in the right direction last season under the more disciplined atmosphere instilled by new Pacers president Larry Bird and Carlisle. He made his first All-Star team and was the defensive player of the year....taken from http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/journalgazette/sports/10239639.htm

If you want more dirt, I'm sure I could actually put some effort into it and find something.

You don't live too far away from me. Lets get together and ride sometime.

markk
11-21-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Rdhanded2

THATS FREAKIN BS imo, People are sue happy, I wish all the freakin sueing idiots in the world would just have to live in there own community and just sue the CHIT outa each other!!!

Hey i wanta build my quad up again this winter, mabey i can P*SS somone off and have them break my nose!!!! That would give me the cash!

Anyways i have stronge thoughts on this issue, and imjust gona keep most of them to myself,

p.s. even though i cant spell well, doesn't mean im an IDIOT!

Rico
11-22-2004, 05:56 AM
The fans are customers. Anyone that works, go punch one of you customers in the face today and see if you still have your job. It's that easy to understand.

derekhonda
11-22-2004, 07:48 AM
While I agree with that rico, if a customer picks a fight with you, or throws a beer on you, i suppose you would just let it happen right?

spincr4hire
11-22-2004, 08:52 AM
The fans are customers. Anyone that works, go punch one of you customers in the face today and see if you still have your job. It's that easy to understand.

that sums it up

and if somebody threw a beer at Rico, he'd just open his mouth and try to catch it all...waste not, want not.:D

Rico
11-22-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by derekhonda
While I agree with that rico, if a customer picks a fight with you, or throws a beer on you, i suppose you would just let it happen right?

Most adults have to learn to walk away in certain instances. If I got paid what the pro's do, then yes you have to suck up your pride and go on. Over paid thugs don't get my respect and never will.

Look up the term Professional and get back with me....;)

2 Rules to business and professionalism.

1st one is the customer is always right.
2nd rule is refer back to rule number one.

As stated before. go punch a customer in the face and tell me you still hold your job..:macho

Pro athletes are SUPPOSED to be role models for kids. Yeah they represented themselves real well and I hope my daughter grows up to act like those ball players punching people in the face...:rolleyes:

GP400
11-22-2004, 11:04 AM
They should change the name National Boxing Association.

I think a lot of profssional sports are out of hand. Sports are meant to build character, teamwork, leadership qualities, values - things like that.

Now the media singles out stars from sports teams and forgets about the rest of the team. We have thug players making millions a year setting terrible examples for children who want to grow up and be like them.

I think it's time that professional sports orginizations take a hard look at themselves.

gojk
11-22-2004, 11:23 AM
I think Artest should be out of the league forever. That is what I said last time he started a mess like this. I can guarentee this would not have happened if Artest wasn't playing. The NBA needs a 3 strikes and your out rule for fighting, just the same as drugs violations. Pro sports use to be fun to watch, now you can't even watch any sport because of the refs being biased to one superstar or another. It is annoying, I mean those guys were good before they got all the calls, they don't need any more help. I am just sticking to watching High School and maybe college sports.

And I don't agree with these getting paid too much. They make a lot of money, but if they bring in the money, they should get the money, that is how it works in other businesses, right? If everyone quit going to games and quit watching them, they wouldn't make near the money they do. But that is all the more reason for some of these guys to never be allowed back.

I agree with Rico, if I hit some customer at work, I can guarentee I wouldn't be allowed back on the property and these guys shouldn't get any special treatment.

Anyways, I am sure some of you won't agree with this, but that is what I think.

Also with the fans being wrong for throwing stuff at Artest. He deserves every bit of it. Too bad they didn't hit him with the chair and knock some sense into him. He has mental issues he needs to work out, before allowed back. Maybe he was just trying to get that rapper image to promote his rap album.

spincr4hire
11-22-2004, 11:39 AM
according to Bob and Tom, the album he is working on is for some crap all girl R&B group named Allure (sp?), I think he is just the producer.

Rico
11-22-2004, 12:29 PM
Well the sad part is Artest was layin on his back when he was hit with a cup. What's he do, jumps up and goes after the first white boy in sight. Did anyone notice the first kid he hit was holding a cup?? Artest had no idea who thru the cup, he got punked by the chump on the other team on the court, gets punked by a fan by getting hit with a cup, so his temper took over and look were it got him..

Now a fan running out on the court, might deserve ta get knocked da fug out, but a player going into the crowd throwin dukes is not acceptable. What about the poor ole lady that got knocked down and trampled. Guess she deserved what she got for spending $100 for a ticket so that a player from her team gets pissed and stomps on her neck.

Anyone that threw a punch whether on the court at a player or at fans, needs to be FIRED. Make an example of these thugs and start doing whats right for the people that pay their salary..

OH Yeah, good description on the rap album Spence, CRAP is Rap....:D

Quad18star
11-22-2004, 12:45 PM
Yeah I hear ya on that one Rico ..... Artest threw his first punch at a guy that wasn't involved in the whole ordeal . I'd love to be that fan .... cha-ching!!!!!!!! Spend $120 on a ticket to go watch a game ... which helps pay that players salary and allows him to drive his Benz ..... you can bet everything you have , I would be meeting this azzhole in court .

I never really liked the NBA .... and this just strenghtened my dislike for that sport.

gojk
11-22-2004, 01:51 PM
They just said that all of the salary money that the player don't get now, goes to the NBA and they donate it charities. Maybe they should let them all stay in the NBA and just suspend them every little thing they do wrong.