PDA

View Full Version : pavement drag racing with quads?

Out_Sider
11-19-2004, 09:07 PM
my local drag strip said that they could make an ATV class, and they would race on the same 1/8 mile strip as the cars and motorcycles.. what do ya'll think about this.. i'd like to get some times, but what kinda setup would it take.. i dont want to have a drag only quad, just curious to see how it would do, thanks

Derno24
11-19-2004, 09:58 PM
Soften the rear suspension and run a pair of worn tires. Ones that don't have alot of tread and have fun!

If you want to get more serious start playing with different gearing!

11-20-2004, 09:52 PM
i did this a coupl of years ago on my shee you need to folow the bike rules ....... a tether and a chain guard that goes from the top of the sprocket to the case are needed and a lether jacket and gloves with dot helmet w/ eye protection(i used a snowmobile helmet) the track officials were estatic about me bein there it was coool;) best investment ..... i made a nice weely bar. nothin beets dumpin the clutch at wot on pavement:devil: :D

geogeorge
11-21-2004, 07:38 PM
some of the guys around here to that. They have made a bar for the back and taken there shock off all togather. They run flat track tires or old ones with no or little tread on them. the kill switch, dot helmit, and they get away with running there off road gear not leathers. the lower you can get the quad the better.

44oEX
11-22-2004, 09:37 AM
as far as your time, we mesured a 1/8mile with a speedomoter ( not very precice) and me friend on a stock 300ex on dirt ( almost mud ) did it in 15sec. so it kind of slow.