PDA

View Full Version : ball joints / tie rod replacement $$$

Stevie-D
11-19-2004, 08:45 PM
i need upper and lower ball joints, as well as a tie rod to be changed on my 95 dakota. anyone have any ideas on a price for this? the shop i took it to wouldn't give me a quote on it today, said he can't work on it for a month. so now im looking for another shop to do it, and would like to get an idea of total cost before i get shafted by one of the locals. :grr:

11-19-2004, 10:10 PM
can you not fix that yourself? its just like the four wheelers right?

Guy400
11-20-2004, 04:50 AM
I don't know what it would cost without looking up the parts but any decent repair place should be able to give you an estimate. When a shop says they can't give you an estimate today and it'll be a month before they get to it what they're telling you is that they don't want your business.

Stevie-D
11-20-2004, 06:01 PM
thats what i thought about the shop. i about got into a fight with the guy over the phone. i picked it up today. he will never get my business again.

jack williams says $600 for parts, labor, and alignment. :eek2: i'm going to call some other local shops monday for quotes.

i would do it myself, but the joints are pressed into the control arms, and i don't have a press. also, i go to school from 8-3, then work from 3-8 5 days a week. then i work on the side on weekends, so i have no time to do it.

11-21-2004, 01:57 AM
well your'e here on the internet? theres some time there ;)

EXRIDER400KFX
11-21-2004, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Stevie-D

jack williams says $600 for parts, labor, and alignment. :eek2: i'm going to call some other local shops monday for quotes.

t.

holy chit 600 dollars for just that....thats a little expensive.

Stevie-D
11-21-2004, 07:28 AM
well your'e here on the internet? theres some time there

smartass:p

i don't have a press to change them, or else i would most likely find the time to do them.

but ya, i thought $600 was pretty freaking steep too, so i'm going to look around a bit first