PDA

View Full Version : Main Jet ?

spliffy
04-18-2002, 10:17 AM
When I Change The main Jet In My 250x The Little Piece That The Main Jet Is Screwed Into Also Comes With It .... No Big Deal I Just Change It & Move On.... But On The Extra Piece That Comes With The Main Jet There Is A Nut On It & Its Use Appears To Act How Far This Extra Piece Will Thread Over The Needle.... Is This How I Adjust My Needle Position.... Because I Have No Grooves To Adjust The Needle...... Or What Is The Use Of This Nut?
Thanks

PoopOna400EX
04-18-2002, 11:55 AM
If I'm understanding what you are talking about, I believe you are referring to the lock nut. If so, this has nothing to do with the position of the main jet, the main jet should be snugged down, then the lock nut tightened.

I'm definitely not a mechanic, but I think that's it.

Good luck,

~Jason.

spliffy
04-18-2002, 03:41 PM
Nope .... If I Tighten It All The Way It Does No Good.... Its The Piece That The Main Jet Threads Into... I Tighten The Main Jet On To This & Then Screw This Into The Carb Over the Needle...... This Nut Is On This Main Jet Holder I Guess I Could Call It.....

PoopOna400EX
04-18-2002, 03:54 PM
Yes, screw the main jet into the main jet holder, then screw the lock nut to the highest point on the holder, next screw the main jet and main jet holder into the carb. Once it is snug, tighten the lock nut down on the carb. Once tightened, this prevents the main jet holder from screwing out of the carburator...

At least this is how it works on my 400, it may be different on the 300ex carb.

Let me know if it still doesn't work...

~Jason