PDA

View Full Version : wheelie light

mach5racing4
11-19-2004, 05:57 PM
anyone ever put a wheelie light on there quad, i have a small fog light and all wiring but i am not sure where to mount it to be out of the way of rocks and stuff, let me know, thanks

sam the brave
11-20-2004, 08:28 AM
what kinda bike is it

what part of mass u from

Syrus
11-20-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by mach5racing4
anyone ever put a wheelie light on there quad, i have a small fog light and all wiring but i am not sure where to mount it to be out of the way of rocks and stuff, let me know, thanks

What would be the point ?

44oEX
11-20-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Syrus
What would be the point ?

so you can do a wheelies at night and still see where your going

mach5racing4
11-20-2004, 03:37 PM
03 400ex, and right near worcester, i am just trying to figure out a way to make a bracket, a wheelie light would be sweet cause its hard to see going down the road at night.

brooksgnm
11-20-2004, 05:13 PM
why don't you feel your way through them:devil:

JR3
11-20-2004, 05:45 PM
if u have the stock bumper on there u could prolly rig a car battery or a big duracel like they got at radio shack and wire it up to the fog lights then charge it when u arent using it

44oEX
11-20-2004, 08:18 PM
you don't need a extra battery. hook the light on the bottom of the bumper and hook a switch so it won't drain you battery.

Toadz400
11-21-2004, 05:52 PM
its hard to see going down the road at night.

:huh uh...you shouldn't be riding on the road, ESPECIALLY doing wheelies at night!!!

mach5racing4
11-22-2004, 08:42 AM
i got the wheelie light all set, i put it right in front of the steering stem, with a switch right next to the ignition. i am gonna try it tonight, i'll let ya know how it goes, the light cost 15 bucks for a pair of foglights at walmart with everything you need!

CAMPRO
11-22-2004, 10:22 AM
i got the wheelie light all set, i put it right in front of the steering stem, with a switch right next to the ignition. i am gonna try it tonight, i'll let ya know how it goes, the light cost 15 bucks for a pair of foglights at walmart with everything you need!

Nice!!! I think it's a good idea... don't listen to the other posts. You like to ride... you just happen to like to ride at night, pulling wheelies on the road. I see nothing wrong with that! Good luck and be safe!

-Drew

Toadz400
11-22-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by CAMPRO
Nice!!! I think it's a good idea... don't listen to the other posts. You like to ride... you just happen to like to ride at night, pulling wheelies on the road. I see nothing wrong with that! Good luck and be safe!

-Drew

How is there nothing wrong with riding on the road at night riding wheelies?? It's illegal and highly unsafe! What happens when you get hit by a car??

44oEX
11-22-2004, 11:51 AM
thats the hole point of the light :devil:

Rootar
11-22-2004, 03:08 PM
since the time change bout the only time you get to ride is at night i get home at 4:15 everyday and it is pitch dark at 5;30 every day so i can see how this could be a good idea as for riding on the road im pretty sure a car could see something with lights on and it not like he'll be riding in the wrong lane (hopefully):rolleyes:

mach5racing4
11-22-2004, 04:22 PM
hell yeah rippin the roads is sweet at night

Toadz400
11-22-2004, 06:36 PM
I'm not trying to be an *** or anything, I ride on the roads myself once in awhile only when I NEED to, but I don't think you guys should be promoting something illegal on a public forum where lots of kids are on it everyday, especially telling them that it's perfectly safe and cool to ride wheelies down the road in the middle of night.

Rootar
11-22-2004, 07:30 PM
we are not saying (well i speak for my self) that its good to ride on the roads i dont get out and ride any pavement because i want my tires to last a long time but just riding down a little road in front of your house is no big deal really just stay off if there is cars and keep a watch we dont recomend it but if thats all there is then.......

Rootar
11-22-2004, 07:37 PM
im done arguing cause this is dumb to argue over its really nuthin so im gonna be meture about it and say its not smart to ride on the road at night but the wheelie light is a good idea for any where really which is what this thread is about not wether or not its good to ride on the road at night:macho

Toadz400
11-22-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Rootar
im done arguing cause this is dumb to argue over its really nuthin so im gonna be meture about it and say its not smart to ride on the road at night but the wheelie light is a good idea for any where really which is what this thread is about not wether or not its good to ride on the road at night:macho

Okay then, that's the point I was getting at. I wasn't trying to really argue with anyone, just get my point across that it's not smart to ride on the road in the first place, let alone ride wheelies on the road at night. People were saying that it was a good idea to do it...when in fact it's not.

CAMPRO
11-23-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
Okay then, that's the point I was getting at. I wasn't trying to really argue with anyone, just get my point across that it's not smart to ride on the road in the first place, let alone ride wheelies on the road at night. People were saying that it was a good idea to do it...when in fact it's not.

We know it's not smart. Neither is doing a backflip on a quad.... or even jumping a quad... or even riding a quad for that matter. Hell... just walking on the sidewalk can be hazardous with some of the nutty drivers on the roads today. At least this kid has enough sense to put a light on the quad, so he can be that much safer while doing all those unsafe stunts at night. What do you propose we do... sit on the couch wrapped in bubble wrap so that we can't hurt ourselves and those around us? I'm guessing your reply will be something along the line of... "No... just don't ride wheelies on the road at night." Good one.:rolleyes:

44oEX
11-23-2004, 01:32 PM
yeah thats great. it's the same thing I tell my mom when she start about the " well it's really dangerous to ride fast " and stuff

great post

Toadz400
11-23-2004, 08:42 PM
You guys aren't seeing my point....I'm just giving up on this issue, there is no point in trying to explain my opinion to you because obviously you guys are too immature to really understand it.

I think the wheelie light is a great idea, I just don't think riding down a road at night doing wheelies is a great idea...my main point is that it's stupid (cars/trucks/vans are also traveling down the same road, whereas they don't in a field or your yard...and it's illegal!), not that it's unsafe.

Understand? Or do I have to draw a picture?

LazeR
11-23-2004, 10:47 PM
Aside from the road riding lol, i love to wheelie at night in the sand dunes and have a light issue as well, most of the time i just hit up straights but my buddies are in front of me so i can use there headlights but i to want a light or lights to be used for when i wheelie at night, so if you guys come up with anything that would be awesome, pics would be even better :)

yfz4life50
12-04-2004, 05:49 AM
wheelies are gay anyways

44oEX
12-04-2004, 09:19 AM
just cause you can't do any doesn't mean there gay. maybe your gay:eek2:

JLanphear
12-06-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by yfz4life50
wheelies are gay anyways

I was just going to say that! damn you, you beat me to it!!!!

yfz4life50
12-06-2004, 09:41 PM
whoop te do da its a wheelie i mean they are alright and they are fun when you wanna show off . . . but i have a friend that he wont ride if its wet outside cuz he cant do wheelies and it makes me mad you dont have to be able to know how to ride to do a wheelie

drgn_erth
12-11-2004, 08:37 PM
The guy just wanted some ideas on a wheelie light so he could ride mile long wheelies down the highway at night and actually be able to see.

He did not want to hear all the reasons why he shouldn't be ridin wheelies down the highway at night.

Toadz400
12-11-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by drgn_erth
He did not want to hear all the reasons why he shouldn't be ridin wheelies down the highway at night.

We probably won't be hearing anymore questions from him after he gets nailed by a semi :p .

44oEX
12-12-2004, 11:14 AM
We probably won't be hearing anymore questions from him after he gets nailed by a semi :p .

and y would that happin since he has a light

400ex28
12-15-2004, 05:12 PM
lmao, this thread is great

SoUpX
12-15-2004, 10:44 PM
hey lets see some pics of this wheelie light in action, i think it's a great idea. It's legal to ride on county roads where i live, I dont think a semi is going to be coming down an old country road, but who knows......... (I think doing a wheelie down a rode with a light is safer then doing a wheelie without a light in a feild and hit a tree going 50mph.......) you know cause the other vehicals coming down the rode have lights too.... and a tree doesnt.......

Toadz400
12-16-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by 44oEX
and y would that happin since he has a light

Lol, nice.

12-26-2004, 09:01 AM
ok this is retarded some people get adrenalen from differnt stuff or else we wouldnt do it i no that my self lanphear and drew get it from wheelies along with other crap to but some people dont think wheelies are that great big whoop its personal prefernce i think riding on the road at night is great if a car wants to hit me...bring it on.... i my self riged up a a wheelie fight for at night an its a great idea IMO

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nausty
12-26-2004, 11:11 AM
....this site definitely hasn't changed.:o

Personally who gives a flying ****, if the guy wants a light then let him have a lot its none of our damn business. Personally I think its good idea so you can actually ride wheelies at night which for some people is the only way to have fun unless your at a track. Because if I can't ride wheelies then there is nothing else for me to do. I can do all the hills, all the trails and all the dinky jumps around here so I'd rather tear it up doing some wheelies.

Also honestly i feel 10 times safer on a empty road then I do a farm and if you have ever road a 5th gear wheelie on one there is no chance of throwing tricks trying to keep the quad balanced though all the dips, rutts, loose dirt and ****. Not to mention you gotta worry about crazy *** farmers chasing you and most of the time feilds arn't even a option because they have crops growing. Also would most likely be illegal(tresspassing). I really can't think of any farmers off the top of my head that would give me permission to tear up the fields and risk getting a lawsuit.

:o

Toadz400
12-26-2004, 05:31 PM
I never had a problem with the wheelie light idea, I wish I had one. You're saying that you ride on the roads because it's illegal to ride on other people's property and you don't think they'd give you permission...well last time I checked the roads are still illegal and I don't see any cops giving you permission to ride 5th gear wheelies down the road at night, I just don't think it's a smart idea. Just something you'd need common sense to realize how stupid it actually is, unless you ride on a completely deserted road where no one ever drives down it...because then you are really putting yourself in danger of being hit/hitting someone.

I just thought that people shouldn't be encouraging people to ride wheelies on roads because what happens when a young kid reads this thread and sees that other people are doing it, then does it himself and gets hit by a car. Who knows, the family would probably come up with some way to sue ATVRiders.

44oEX
12-27-2004, 12:44 PM
ok yeah it might be illegal and all but people will still do it and not care. So since we are going to do it anyway might as well do it safely right????

drgn_erth
01-06-2005, 10:50 AM
First: Toadz400 if a young kid is out at night without a parent around ridin on the road it's not anyone on this board's fault, it's the parents.

Second: I live out in the boonies the highway we ride on doesn't have much trffic after dark. If i,m ridin a wheelie and see a car come around the corner i get off the road. It ain't like the cars just pop up out of the blue.

Night Rider
01-07-2005, 02:27 PM
Yo Who Cares If It Isnt Safe Grow Some Bal ls And Do It Yourself. Se x Isnt Always Safe But Most Men Love It. If It Feels Good Do It

balls2da-wall
01-07-2005, 11:31 PM
Its not illegal to ride down roads you smucks!!!:D:p

just ones that are paved:p I ride down gravel roads, riding a wheelie while standing on my head...its quite safe!:rolleyes:

Toadz400
01-08-2005, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Night Rider
If It Feels Good Do It

Last I heard, herpes doesn't feel too good:eek2: ...and neither does hitting a car:D .

I live out in the middle of nowhere and I still have steady traffic down the roads here, and yes it is illegal to ride on any road unless it is marked as an ATV trail. The only road I will ride a wheelie down in the middle of the night is the dead end one that my driveway connects to. And that's because I know everybody's schedule and when they drive down it.

Chef
01-08-2005, 12:27 PM
Last I heard, herpes doesn't feel too good:eek2: ...and neither does hitting a car:D .

I live out in the middle of nowhere and I still have steady traffic down the roads here, and yes it is illegal to ride on any road unless it is marked as an ATV trail. The only road I will ride a wheelie down in the middle of the night is the dead end one that my driveway connects to. And that's because I know everybody's schedule and when they drive down it.

With all the $hit your worried about...do you really even go outside? Or do you live in a plastic bubble?

Warnerade
01-08-2005, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Chef
With all the $hit your worried about...do you really even go outside? Or do you live in a plastic bubble? shutup you big bully

Chef
01-08-2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
shutup you big bully

Ok. :uhoh:

Warnerade
01-08-2005, 12:35 PM
i love you don

Fender Bender
01-08-2005, 12:38 PM
ATTN: YOUR MOM HAS BEEN LYING TO YOU.

You have immunities!!!

Toadz400
01-08-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Chef
With all the $hit your worried about...do you really even go outside? Or do you live in a plastic bubble?

Jeez man, I made a joke...and yes I do live in a plastic bubble...it sucks:( .

Just didn't think we needed to be promoting illegal things which is what I thought this site was against? But I guess not...

Warnerade
01-08-2005, 02:12 PM
i smoke dope

flyin#5
01-12-2005, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by yfz4life50
wheelies are gay anyways

hell yes!

why ride wheelies on the road anyways? your just ruining our reputation.... i think toadz was saying that. be crazy, just dont be stupid.