PDA

View Full Version : Tire Wear?

jrb737
04-18-2002, 10:12 AM
Hello everyone! I have read several threads about the different types of rear tires everyone has. I am looking to get some 22in. rears for my 400ex. I mostly trail ride on rocky forrest service roads and I was wondering which tires' tread would last the longest. Maxxis Razzor 2, Spider Traks, Bandit's XC, or Holeshot XCT?

Thanks for any advice!

eldoexrider01
05-02-2002, 07:36 PM
i havnt ridden all of the tires but my friend has a set of 22" XCT's on his 250X and he rides on the road all the time and he has seen hardly any sign of wear i do work at a 4wheeler shop and have seen a set of spider trac that were wore out in the middle on the "legs" of the tread from either road ridin or too much air but i couldnt say bout the others. hope this is of any help!!

Ex'r Marlin
05-02-2002, 09:00 PM
Note: Those Spider Traks are not only very heavy, they have a stiff ride. I'm not saying that they are not good tires, but compared to the other tires you listed, they don't have much flex in them compared to the others. For the kind of riding you do, I would recommend any of the others you listed.

BTW, I am not familiar with the Maxxis Razor 2 tires, are they XC tires?

Red Rooster
05-03-2002, 09:05 AM
I heard that the bandits are very stiff, punchure resistant, wear like iron, and, are heavy. Some one correct me if i'm wrong. This is just hearsay.