PDA

View Full Version : wipe out

watts16
11-19-2004, 03:59 PM
i was going along the trail in 3 rd gear.. then the rear in was feeling funny wobbling. next i know im of the quad on the ground quad flipped over. The darn wheel fell off. i dont know how the cotter key got out but it prolly broke. luckley didnt strip the threades on the axle. just wanted to tell you guys

Greg

LazeR
11-20-2004, 02:26 PM
the second it felt funny you shoulda stopped and checked it! I was washing my quad and put it on 2 wheels and when i felt the wheel i noticed the hub was loose, somehow they work thereselfs loose you need to check them now and again! Glad your ok though, and glad it didnt hurt your quad.

I think it has to be torqued to 101ft/lbs but im not positive! make sure you put in another cotter pin, if it wont fit, tighten it a little bit more till it will go in

watts16
11-20-2004, 03:08 PM
well it did hurt my quad i was on the track and hits the brakes... only one wheel caught. When we got home took the whell off.. NO SPLINES all gone now i have to get a new axle and hub. What axle do you guys suggest.

Thanks
Greg

JR3
11-21-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by LazeR
the second it felt funny you shoulda stopped and checked it! I was washing my quad and put it on 2 wheels and when i felt the wheel i noticed the hub was loose, somehow they work thereselfs loose you need to check them now and again! Glad your ok though, and glad it didnt hurt your quad.

I think it has to be torqued to 101ft/lbs but im not positive! make sure you put in another cotter pin, if it wont fit, tighten it a little bit more till it will go in

they also come loose from doing bicycles u know going up on 2 wheels and ridin it i did them all the time on my 250 and they were always loose

LazeR
11-21-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by JR3
they also come loose from doing bicycles u know going up on 2 wheels and ridin it i did them all the time on my 250 and they were always loose

hmm ive been doing bicycles a lot, maybe i should check mine! :eek2: I don't think there loose though, thanx for letting me know though ;)