PDA

View Full Version : topend help?

EXDUNER127
11-19-2004, 09:13 AM
I am putting my topend back on from just getting the head ported, my jetting be much of a difference from before it being ported and is it difficult in getting the timing right when i put back together? And is it cool to mix my gas with half race gas and half 91 or should i just use 91 and a additive to raise the octane level and lean it out?

Rico
11-19-2004, 10:41 AM
The piston should be at TDC and the lobes will be facing up on the cam when you reinstall it. Remember to use loctite on the cam sprocket bolts and that's the only place to use loctite. The cam sprocket has a line on it that you line up with the top of the head, just be sure to get the T mark lined up in the peep hole and get that line on the sprocket lined up perfect and you'll be OK..

I recommend running premium 93 mixed with race gas, stay clear of octane booster..

Rico
11-19-2004, 10:42 AM
Here's what my motor looks like after this mornings work...:eek:

Aceman
11-19-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Rico
The piston should be at TDC and the lobes will be facing up on the cam when you reinstall it.

Shouldn't the lobes be down when at TDC?:confused: Otherwise, won't it be holding the valves open?

motoboy66
11-19-2004, 07:46 PM
line upt the "T" mark on the fywheel, be carefull, there is an "F" that looks just like it. put the cam in with the lobs down, take the cam chain tentioner off, and line the marks on the cam sproket so they are even with the edge of the cylinder head. Tighten the top bolt, turn the crank through one turn tighten the other bolt. Only turn the engine CounterClockwise. Its really not too hard. Make sure the lobs are down when you put on the vavle cover.

UglyMotha™
11-20-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Rico
The piston should be at TDC and the lobes will be facing up on the cam when you reinstall it.

iet guy you got me a little scared i hope this isn't how your goin to reinstall yours cause she won't last long :eek2:

********when the piston is tdc the cam lobes should be facing down*********

Rico
11-20-2004, 11:01 AM
My bad I don't know WTF I was thinkin...:huh To many beers at the time of the post I guess....:chinese:

and no I wouldn't make the mistake of puttin it in wrong. I haven't in the past...:o