PDA

View Full Version : my decision...

Bush0102
11-19-2004, 09:08 AM
Well i figured i probably am going to have a hard time saving up for elkas this summer...so i think i am going to go with the works triple rate with the reservoirs and have my stock rear rebuilt. I just think i cant afford the elkas.

is there a better alternative to works for roughly the same price? I've heard TCS is half decent.

Does anyone think i'm making a mistake? I'm going to be racing harescrambles and will probably make it to the GNCC race at loretta's.

300exOH
11-19-2004, 09:18 AM
I don't think the Works would be a mistake. They are a good shock at a good price. If you can't afford Elka's then Works are probably the next best thing. I don't know much about the TCS though. I do know almost every shock made is more expensive than Works.

skippy
11-19-2004, 09:32 AM
i heard tcs and elkas use the same bodies but thats just what i heard

Lurkin
11-19-2004, 09:42 AM
tcs is just as good as elkas. IMO.

Bush0102
11-19-2004, 10:01 AM
yeah but how are they priced?

Rico
11-19-2004, 11:04 AM
I ran work steelers for 2 years and have no complaints about them. When I upgraded to the Elka's it was a very noticable difference but you get what you pay for. Don't doubt the works, Ge them setup the way you want. Maybe try to find some used ones, send them to Jeff and he can turn them into a zero Preload shock which will make them work even better.

TCS and Elka don't use the same bodies I don't think being that Elka makes ALL there parts onsight except for the springs.