PDA

View Full Version : shock question

wheeltrax
11-18-2004, 08:53 PM
I am kind of looking at front shocks for my 400ex. I am debating on getting either works triple rate w/ res. or getting the elka zps w/o res. I can get both at roughly the same price.. Which would be better? I know that the works would be suitable because i dont do MX, but i was wondering are the elkas.. THAT MUCH BETTER? I like the comments i hear about the elkas..

Cole Trane
11-19-2004, 12:01 AM
Elkas are a much better shock. I've never ridden the no rezzy elkas, but have ridden the piggybacks. They are great shocks, and I would go with elkas over works any day. The rezzy is just gonna give you better cooling for the shock. If you're not riding mx or xc, that shouldn't be a problem. I would go with elkas, plus you can add rezzies later.

cdalejef
11-19-2004, 06:42 AM
You will be better off with the Elka's even if you do race MX.

KRMit
11-19-2004, 11:23 AM
This is the exact debate I'm having. Everyone has told me Elkas outperform any Works shocks. There's a $300 price difference for rezzies on the Elkas. Do they make a big difference?

cdalejef
11-19-2004, 12:03 PM
The rezzies do make a difference if you ride hard enough to overheat the shock.

nemesis
11-19-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
You will be better off with the Elka's even if you do race MX.
I have been looking for that answer for months now. Thanks.

Go to google.com and type in Elka shocks into the search engine. It will give you plenty of info.

wheeltrax
11-20-2004, 12:46 AM
well thanks everyone, i think eventually ill get the elkas. im glad my question helped a few others out as well. This board is great.