PDA

View Full Version : Back again for a lil

WhiteBros400ex
11-18-2004, 06:04 PM
Well i finally got my pos comp to work and hopefulyl we are gettign a new one for x mas so i should be here alot like i was be4 after that and a lil bit now and then when it works.But how is everyone on here doing,whats been going on latly.

Pappy
11-18-2004, 08:28 PM
my pos computer is dying also. oh well i get my money outta them i geuss.

glad to see yer back up with the living

Quad18star
11-18-2004, 08:39 PM
Mine is almost done also ..... I'm just waiting till it doesn't work one day . My monitor is fried ..... everything is shadowed and stuff . I have a few viruses that I don't know how to get rid of also . :grr:

Syrus
11-18-2004, 08:42 PM
If ppl would take the time to properly learn how to maintain a PC, and keep it updated, they will last forever.

hondarider2006
11-18-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Syrus
If ppl would take the time to properly learn how to maintain a PC, and keep it updated, they will last forever.

I beg to differ with you....I believe you could take two brand new "dell" computers, leave one in the box and use the other one for 2 years. 2 years late start up the one that was in the box and it would be just as slow as the one you had been using all along. I think its time that slows them down, not just using them. Really nothing but another thing to waste your money on:o

Anyways back to the main point here, glad to have ya back man. Nothing new here...pappys R is lookin pretty sick though;)

FreekShow
11-19-2004, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by hondarider2006
I beg to differ with you....I believe you could take two brand new "dell" computers, leave one in the box and use the other one for 2 years. 2 years late start up the one that was in the box and it would be just as slow as the one you had been using all along. I think its time that slows them down, not just using them. Really nothing but another thing to waste your money on:o

:huh

How does this make sense? Im not trying to be an *** to you or anything but the computer in the box would be brand new....

chucked
11-19-2004, 08:13 AM

no way, I did daily visus checks, it was updated everytime there was an update, I did spyware and ad aware checks almsot daily, scan disks pretty often.... mine just died this week. But it was 5 years old.

Ralph
11-19-2004, 08:21 AM

My computer is like 5 years old and shes a champ. I will deffinatly be upgrading in the future, Probably somehitn custom built

Alberta_Qaudin
11-19-2004, 09:53 AM
I gotta dissagree with the proper maintenence, cause i have 2 spy sweepers/cleaners, an advanced antivirus, and i clean out my cache's and temp files and start up programs all the time on my new ugraded e-machine, and i've still crashed 2 hard drives, and corrupted more stuff than i can remeber.....oh and i run blackice enhanced fire wall

hondarider2006
11-19-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by FreekShow
:huh

How does this make sense? Im not trying to be an *** to you or anything but the computer in the box would be brand new....

Sure it would be brand new and all, but it would be just as slow as the one you had been using all along.

LazeR
11-19-2004, 01:13 PM
Sure it would be brand new and all, but it would be just as slow as the one you had been using all along.

The only way it would be faster is if yours that you were using had some spyware or something on it, that caused to be slower, otherwise there going to run at the same speed. One wont be faster then the other :eek2:

Ive had my comp for 5 years or so, and i reformat once or twice a year, i always have zone alarm pro, and Norton Anti-Virus running. I also do spyware check quite often but hardly ever defrag and scandisk...My comp has ran like a champ, but its still slow! its a 533mhz intel celeron :rolleyes: 192mb pc100 ram with 9mb allocated video ram....of course its gonna be 10x slower then the new comps!

ny300exrider
11-19-2004, 01:20 PM
my computer was on its last leg or even toe, at the point i was at, internet exporer wouldnt work and colors were starting to not even show. i called dell and had them walk me through reformatting it. i swiped the whole hard drive clean and reinstalled my operating system. my computer is seriously like new, runs like a champ now

cletusEX
11-19-2004, 01:34 PM
The one i'm using now is ancient. My older brother got it freshman year in college and he graduated 3 years ago. It has had some parts replaced but it is still going strong.

YFZ450Ridr
11-19-2004, 02:06 PM

not really, its not a matter of will it crash, its a matter of when it will crash.

FreekShow
11-22-2004, 05:15 PM

I just dont see the logic in it. The computer is going to become slower by sitting in a box unused and brand new? Is anybody else with me on this one? No flame intended......:ermm:

Juggalo
11-22-2004, 06:48 PM
ive had mine for 6 or 7 years now...its slow and old...i dont think she'll last too much longer. ive already had a couple close calls with her