PDA

View Full Version : i am going in for surgery tomorrow

sam the brave
11-18-2004, 05:03 PM
i just broke my nose a few dayas ago and it is bent to the left side and smashed in
i have sugery tomorrow to fix this

scince the nose is cartilage it will be broken again and placed in the right spot with stiches.

Quad18star
11-18-2004, 05:08 PM
Dude , if you want I'll do it for free . Just pop 2 tylenol#3 and a bottle of JD .... I'll smack you in the nose and place it straight for ya . ;)

Just playing dude .... good luck with the surgery .... take some pics when you're done .... you'll have the nice black circles under your eyes ... racoon eyes .

sam the brave
11-18-2004, 05:12 PM
ya i get out of school for the day thats a plus
i thought about doing it my self but i cant because it is smashed back into my face

it happend when my brothers friends started pegging me with snow balls, then one of the kids tackled me and broke it
lots of blood came out.

11-18-2004, 06:03 PM
cool dude blood is so cool dude bro awesome man blood yeah survival horror

gl

I-7
11-18-2004, 06:06 PM
^your an idiot ;)

Good luck.. I had surgery on my knee at the end of September... the anastesia sucks if your getting that... but it sounds like you dont really need it... good luck

Quad18star
11-18-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by I-7
^your an idiot ;)

Good luck.. I had surgery on my knee at the end of September... the anastesia sucks if your getting that... but it sounds like you dont really need it... good luck

I agree with you .... the anisthetic sucks . If you get it , makes sure you got a puke bucket near you afterwards .... you're gunna need it . :(

Ericthered rdr
11-18-2004, 06:28 PM
I had that done whe n I was younger... I hit a tree on my ATC250r
I woke up and my nose was on my cheek. My nose bled for 9hrs. It was the most disgusting thing ever...9hrs of thick blood and snot mixed together... I had my nose fixed a week later. I think the worst part of that was when they pulled those plastic splint things out of my nose they were the size of a small banana. My sinuses opend up and it was like a water fall. I hope this didn't gross you out just letting you know what to expect.

BTW I was wearing my helmet when I wrecked if I didn't I would not be here they said.

Good luck!!!

Pappy
11-18-2004, 06:42 PM
good luck ...and i hope you have a painless short recovery

Hammer trx450r
11-18-2004, 06:47 PM
I've broken mine 3 times, the key is to put it back as fast as you can or they make you wait till it sets to re break it:eek2: Happy packing:p

Narly R
11-18-2004, 07:13 PM
I hope you have a quick recobery, and a good sergery. Personally I hate the Hospital soo much. I have like a phobia of it now. I have been in there way too much. Been good for the last 3-4 months though. I hade to have my apendix removed. Witch really really sucked. It acually exploded and i was lucky I didnt die, but I hade to be in the hospital for like 5 days. Which wasnt as bad as some people who are in there for weeks, but it sucks really bad. and i could bearly move with that darn cut in me.

But best of luck, and make sure it heals before you go do too much, cause trust me you dont wanna be back in the hospital for the same thing...

Honda4trax250x
11-18-2004, 07:15 PM
i hate hospitals too narly.

i was only there for 6 hours after my accident and i felt like killing myself.

suchhh a depressing place too

sam the brave
11-18-2004, 07:35 PM
i dont mind hospitals i have been in to alot in my 16 years but none for broken bones and this is my first surgery ever
the 406ex head gasket is replaced and should be at my house this weekend but i wount be able to ride due to my nose :ermm:

Quad18star
11-18-2004, 07:37 PM
I wish my stays in the hospitals would be short ones .... 1st time I spent 1 1/2 months .... second time I spent a little over a month ... 3rd time I spent 1 1/2 weeks .... I hate them ... but they seem to love me :(

Honda4trax250x
11-18-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I wish my stays in the hospitals would be short ones .... 1st time I spent 1 1/2 months

damnnnn what was that for?

Quad18star
11-18-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Honda4trax250x
damnnnn what was that for?

Another ATV related accident .... I ended up bailing off my quad so that I wouldn't land on top of another kid while racing . But when I landed , I found myself speared by a 3inch thick stick that was sticking out of the ground ..... it went through my stomach and intestines . I was rushed to hospital and had emergency surgery ... I spent the better part of my stay in the ICU .

My 2nd stay , was back in march to remove scar tissue from the accident ..... everything went well except infection set in , and a few absesses formed .... which resulted in my being in there longer than expected .

MY 3rd accident was this past August when a kid on a KTM decided he wanted to see if he could be superman and fly high . He found out that the strength of my quad and my leg would stop him ... resulting in me having a rod and 4 screws holding my right leg together . I'm still on crutches and unable to walk since august .

400grl
11-18-2004, 09:48 PM
DAYUM!!!! You don't have very good luck, do you???

My last surgery was easy (boobies!!) - I had a great anesthesiologist and they had me laughing up until that cold feeling went up my arm......I woke up and didn't get sick or anything.......it's the freakin' Morphine that makes me so sick......I specifically asked for NO pain killers.......I'd rather hurt than puke my guts out anyday!!! ;) Oh......and sometimes you do wierd things when you are under.......my first surgery ( had my Thyroid operated on) I woke up sometime when I wasn't supposed to.....I just remember the nurses saying "uh oh Dr. - she's awake!" and two nurses looking at me with big eyes.....then nothing till after it was all over.......my second surgery (boobies!!) they said I kept trying to flip over and sleep on my tummy during the operation......I was a tummy sleeper, so I thought that was pretty funny!

Good luck - I'm sure they will do a good job of fixing your nose!! :) Let us know how it goes!: )

angieyes
11-18-2004, 11:57 PM
I wish my stays in the hospitals would be short ones .... 1st time I spent 1 1/2 months .... second time I spent a little over a month ... 3rd time I spent 1 1/2 weeks .... I hate them ... but they seem to love me :(
ya but the nurses know u by name

angieyes
11-18-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by angieyes
an no still no canda move fro bart

Quad18star
11-19-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by angieyes

LMAO ...Ya they treat me well when I'm in there . A little over a month ago , I went in to see my uncle who ws about to have back surgery .... and the nurses all looked at me and asked what I was in for this time ..... Like geez .... I was just going to see my uncle :blah: .

The nurses know what I like now .... so they bring me apple juice , turkey sandwich on WHITE bread and mustard . LOL ... it's great having first class service . :devil: :devil:

400grl .... it's a good thing you had a good anesthisiologist cuz when I was in there for my 2nd surgery , they gave me too much . I didn't want to wake up . When they finally did wake me up , they put me on the morphine put someone calculated the dose wrong and I almost overdosed ..... down to 4 breaths per minute ...... scary stuff !!!!!:(

LTandRaptorider
11-19-2004, 10:02 AM
400grl .... it's a good thing you had a good anesthisiologist cuz when I was in there for my 2nd surgery , they gave me too much . I didn't want to wake up . When they finally did wake me up , they put me on the morphine put someone calculated the dose wrong and I almost overdosed ..... down to 4 breaths per minute ...... scary stuff !!!!!:(

Note to self... if I get hurt while up there, come back to good ole USA for treatment! ;)

btw... how are the head nurses in Canada? :eek: :devil:

Guess I can't move up there now... I know you were looking forward to drowning my *** behind your boat! :blah:

Quad18star
11-19-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Note to self... if I get hurt while up there, come back to good ole USA for treatment! ;)

btw... how are the head nurses in Canada? :eek: :devil:

Guess I can't move up there now... I know you were looking forward to drowning my *** behind your boat! :blah:

Awww come on Bart .... you don't want a nice 21 year old nurse that just got her nursing degree to massage your back with lotion???

Ohh and the head nurses are AMAZING . ;) :p . I failed to mention we have a brand new medical school that just opened in town here . I've never seen so many good looking nurses in all my life .

And you better come up here , Cuz I wanna see how many cart wheels you do on the water . I'll use my cousin's boat to pull you . It's nick named " Ski Naked" .... cuz usually when you hit the water .... you got no more clothes left on you . :)

sam the brave
11-19-2004, 12:59 PM
the sugery is pospond till tuesday the doctor looked at it today and the swelling has to go down before he can do anything

400grl
11-19-2004, 01:03 PM
Well - looks like you get the weekend for fun stuff, then! :)

86350x
11-19-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
DAYUM!!!! You don't have very good luck, do you???

My last surgery was easy (boobies!!) - I had a great anesthesiologist and they had me laughing up until that cold feeling went up my arm......I woke up and didn't get sick or anything.......it's the freakin' Morphine that makes me so sick......I specifically asked for NO pain killers.......I'd rather hurt than puke my guts out anyday!!! ;) Oh......and sometimes you do wierd things when you are under.......my first surgery ( had my Thyroid operated on) I woke up sometime when I wasn't supposed to.....I just remember the nurses saying "uh oh Dr. - she's awake!" and two nurses looking at me with big eyes.....then nothing till after it was all over.......my second surgery (boobies!!) they said I kept trying to flip over and sleep on my tummy during the operation......I was a tummy sleeper, so I thought that was pretty funny!

Good luck - I'm sure they will do a good job of fixing your nose!! :) Let us know how it goes!: )

Tummy sleeper eh:D

Good luck on the nose fix, should turn out fine.:)

SGA
12-17-2004, 10:24 PM
So hows the nose?

I-7
12-17-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by SGA
So hows the nose?

Thats alittle nosey of you don't you think :chinese:

angieyes
12-18-2004, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by sam the brave
i just broke my nose a few dayas ago and it is bent to the left side and smashed in
i have sugery tomorrow to fix this

scince the nose is cartilage it will be broken again and placed in the right spot with stiches. at least there putting u under when they do urs i waws awake
let me tell ya the needles the stuck me with in my nose hurt worse then the orginal break.
good luck hope everything goes ok

LTandRaptorider
12-18-2004, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by SGA
So hows the nose?

I understand it's growing... :eek: :blah:

sam the brave
12-18-2004, 07:57 AM
it hurts alot if it is even touched but the pain is going away
the surgery went fine the had to rebuild the cartilage and some of the bone in my nose. the surgen said the bone was pushed through the skin and some of the bone was missing.

SGA
12-18-2004, 08:12 AM
Thats good news. How did you break it in the first place?

sam the brave
12-18-2004, 11:08 AM
my brothers friend tackled me in a snow ball fight