PDA

View Full Version : Works Shocks

Foxyangel0425
11-18-2004, 03:02 PM
Has anyone gotten shocks from Works Shocks in CA? Do you recommend them? Do you send in your old shocks and they soften them up or make new ones? Can you get adjustable ones? How long does it take to get them back if you send your shocks out? If you have another company that can make shocks for a 02 Rancher 4x4 that would be wonderful too!

We are thinking of using Works to soften up my horrible stiff riding Rancher 02 4x4. Its just the back shocks that are really stiff and it just rattles my back badly over little hills and jumps.

zephead400ex
11-18-2004, 03:09 PM
I ordered shocks from them in March. It took about 6 weeks to setup and ship my shocks. I have absolutely no complaints about the shocks or their customer service.

Bush0102
11-18-2004, 04:36 PM
theres a couple of threads about works in the suspension forum...

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=131517

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=131440

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129398

Foxyangel0425
11-18-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
I ordered shocks from them in March. It took about 6 weeks to setup and ship my shocks. I have absolutely no complaints about the shocks or their customer service.

DId you have to send out your shocks or they make them from scratch? R they adjustable

honduh440
11-18-2004, 05:06 PM
no you dont send your old shocks they make brand new ones for you. They usually get them to you in 2 weeks and yes the shocks will help your ride out a ton and be well worth the money

400exstud
11-18-2004, 05:11 PM
If your buy'n that shocks they make'em from scratch. If it is just a rebuild then you would send them in and they would put new oil/nitrogen in. I don't think the rancher shocks are rebuildable.

new shocks are better than a rebuild anyway

zephead400ex
11-19-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Foxyangel0425
DId you have to send out your shocks or they make them from scratch? R they adjustable

They make everything there, you do not have to send them anything unless you are getting your stock shock revalved. A shock manufacture sets up the shock to what style of riding you do. I had my shocks built for trail and dune rideing. I'm not sure what all goes into setting up the shock at the company but that is how they build the shock, to your riding style. So no, I don't think they are adjustable.

Hope this helps.

LTandRaptorider
11-19-2004, 09:54 AM
Unless you spring for the adjustable preload, rebound, and compression shocks. But for a ute just for trail riding, I couldn't see spending the money. But yes, like others have said... you give Works your weight, riding style, machine, and they will make the shock specific for you.

86350x
11-19-2004, 11:23 AM
Mine made a big difference for trail riding. You send in your rear shock to be revalved. The fronts are just take offs. Foremans and ranchers ride like bricks. It would be a huge improvement.

They'll answer any questions you have on the phone, nice people.

Don't be affraid to call them.;)