11-18-2004, 08:30 AM
definately a yfz

11-18-2004, 10:25 AM
YFZ..stay away from the raptor at all costs

Mango
11-18-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
YFZ..stay away from the raptor at all costs

Yes, don't get a Raptor. Jumbo doesn't want to add another knotch to his loser stick!:D

Mango

LTandRaptorider
11-18-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Mango
Yes, don't get a Raptor. Jumbo doesn't want to add another knotch to his loser stick!:D

Mango

I like it! :D

Being a Raptor owner for several years, I'd have to say I like the YFZ better. If you just want it for trail riding, I would probably say get the Raptor. While the seat on the rappy isn't real comfortable, the seat on the YFZ is horrible! My advice? Decide what you want the machine for, and try to take both for a ride. yes, the 01 raptors had some tranny probs, and one-way bearings... a few rear axle problems as yamaha seemed to use different steel in the 01 rappy. I have been lucky and not had those problems in mine, and I believe all issues have been addressed by yamaha. ;)

397ccEX
11-22-2004, 09:41 PM
Ayfz will get a raptor on the take off but the raptor has more top right?

02Yellow400
11-22-2004, 09:44 PM
yfz will eat a raptor

LTandRaptorider
11-22-2004, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by 02Yellow400
yfz will eat a raptor

Sad but true... :(

I drag raced a friend last summer, his YFZ had an LRD pipe, few other mods. My Rappy has an Alba pipe, few other mods. He smoked me 5 times! The YFZ is so much quicker outta the hole. With enough room, say 400 yards, the raptor would overtake and it has a slightly higher top speed.

Mango
11-23-2004, 01:37 PM
With enough room.....

Exactly. I'm sure I could change my gearing and get a lot better hole shot, but dragging doesn't prove much to me. I like the YFZ and have ridden one a bunch, but I prefer my Raptor. I cannot keep up with a YFZ in corners, but I can run him down if I have enough straight-away. If we're both in 2nd or 3rd and we hit it, it's pretty even.

I ran pretty much side by side with a piped, jetted, cam modded (is that a word), at St. Anthony's. If you have been there you know, no limit to speed or length of race. So, you girls tying to race down a dirt road for 100-200 yards might win. But go up a bit in length and I think you'll know why we, Raptor owners, don't like the "slug" label.:D

Mango

FasstMidnightZ
11-23-2004, 02:19 PM
yfz

rollie
11-25-2004, 08:19 AM
srry if i upset anyone but....i think id rather have a raptor if it had +3 a-arms +4 axle and some new shocks....i like um and i might get one:D i hate how people say there the biggest piece of chit ever and they suck....there good quads but there are some better ones out there...with some mods a raptor can be an awsome quad IMO

Kennethyfz450
12-02-2004, 06:54 PM
Glad i found this thread

I got a chance to ride a raptor for 75 percent of the day .. lol

It didnt sound as good as my yfz, gears felt wider, less vibration, shocks was more plush, it came up in the corners, front end wanted to play in the air more than it wanted to play in the ground.. his raptor in 1st is like my yfz in 2nd, in a sitten position i acturally felt more comfortable on his raptor, I didnt know how to use his reverse so i tried to spin around and when i did i found out very quicky that they are easily flipable compared to the yfz..

seriously if you want a raptor i say buy one... i had this bad image of a raptor ever since they came out, i was always bais towards them but i threw a leg over it, and it was addicting.. maybe i am just getting bored of my yfz and i just wanted to ride something else for a change??

:eek2:

nope not possible lol

--------this is what he told me about my own bike.. ---lol--------------
For you the yfz is a great bike because all you do is hill climb, the bike stays glued to the ground. i admit it jumps better than my raptor, but in my opinion i wouldnt own one it has a harsh seat, i had no leg room (6'4) vibrates a to much, stalls easily, doesnt get enough traction when you need it. makes a lot of noise..
---------------------------------------thats all i could remember------