PDA

View Full Version : How many discs???

Foxrage
09-03-2001, 02:03 PM
I am getting a new White bros and i was wondering what everyone was using. I think i heard 7 was good i dont have to worry about sound i just want better power gains. I was very satisfiesd (sp??) with my pro circuit but somehow it broke . So i plan on returning it if they will let me. If not I will have to weld it and wait till i get the money saved up to buy a new one. Thanks.

09-03-2001, 02:57 PM
well run no discs except the end cap no spark arrestor or anything for racing and about try 12 with the spark arrestor and just go down 2 discs until you like the power to sound ratio

09-03-2001, 07:04 PM
i would of done that...but its a pain to screw and unscrew 5 allen key holes...the screw feels like forever to make it go in and out
ive done it 1 time and it pissed me off.
darn allen keys suc

i got a WB pipe too on my 300ex
it sounds nice but i cant really feel the power increase
i got k&n jets on it

it feels like more botom then top

09-03-2001, 07:10 PM
you cant feel the power increase, really ,i feel more hidden power everyday ,esspecially out of turns ,but use a allen wrench to start the screws then use a drill with an allen wrench attachment this is what i did but make sure to use the allen wrench to start it i stripped all 6 of mine when iused the drill

Wheelie
09-03-2001, 09:07 PM
If you buy an E-Series for your 400 leave it the way it comes in the box, with 12 discs. Reducing discs will give you more low end power, with the stock 12 discs the low end power is ridiculous. Leave 12 in it, you won't be disappointed.

400exRacerX
09-03-2001, 10:30 PM
i run it with all 12 discs but no spark arrestor or "blank disk". its loud but the power gains are great, just take the spark arrestor out and leave the 12 discs on and the end cap on too.

09-04-2001, 09:04 AM
I've heard alot about the disks in these things, but what exactly do they do? And what dose the spark arrestor do?

EX_RIDER
09-04-2001, 08:28 PM
Run the 12 disc and take out the blank one and you will notcie the most power incress.I have been playing around with that and that is were I get the most power.I am running the pro-meg and have also tried no disc and it feels like the 12 disc with the blank one removed.I like the disc there more cause it looks better

EX_RIDER
09-04-2001, 08:32 PM
Changing the disc will some what give you power in different area's.They come with 12 disc for the 400ex.

Take away disc=more low end
Add disc=more top end
Spank arrester=the last disc that is solid and hold more back-pressure on the motor

I think power is better every were with all disc and no blank disc.