PDA

View Full Version : Starting Break-in

440ex2001
11-17-2004, 07:14 PM
Hey guys, I just got my ross 440 intalled. After all the trouble I have had before (refer to my previous posts) I hope everything works out of this time. Everyone keep your fingers crossed for me:)

440ex2001
11-18-2004, 11:41 AM
I am on my fourth heat cycle. So far i initially started it up and let it idle for about 10mins then let it cool down and checked for leaks and the oil. Then I cruised it aroundkinda easy going through 4 gears for 5mins and let it cool down.Then I rode it again and gradually went up to 1/4 throttle in 1st and let off went to 2nd and did the same thing gradually to 1/4 and then let the engine slow itself down. I let it cool down again and then did the same as before but went up to 1/2 throttle and got up to 3rd gear. I let it cool down checked everything and then drove around for 10 mins gradually reaching 3/4 throttle. No smoke no noise other than the hot cam tick no leaks everything looks good as of now. Do you guys think i'm moving to fast? I'm gonna do one more heat cycle and change the oil. Then start riding it alittle harder. any suggestions?

Silverfox@C&DRacing
11-18-2004, 11:45 AM
run a tank or 2 of gas through it change the oil and the filter check the valve clearance make sure you don't hold the throttle wide open for the first couple of tanks