PDA

View Full Version : Wb E Series

fire_axx
11-17-2004, 06:49 PM
HOW LOUD IS ONE ON 400EX WITH STOCK HEADER?
DOSE IT PUT OUT MORE HP?
THANX!!!

muddy400EX
11-17-2004, 08:04 PM
actually, its not that loud, it makes a little more power but not much. its quiet compared to other pipes. it is more of a trail pipe.

P.S. TURN YOUR CAPS LOCK OFF!

11-17-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
actually, its not that loud, it makes a little more power but not much. its quiet compared to other pipes. it is more of a trail pipe.

P.S. TURN YOUR CAPS LOCK OFF!

dude seriously i just put my wb e series on my 400 and it gave it a nice torquey grunt to it. its as loud as my bros 400 with a yoshi slip on with out the spark arrestor.

hondarider2006
11-18-2004, 12:20 AM
Stay away from the White Brothers e-series. The quality is ****. Mine and tons of other peoples have cracked and fallen apart. Not only the e-series, but there new pipes also. I saw the top bracket of a brand new WB rip completly off this past summer on a YFZ and my e-series cracked and snapped to hell. After being welded 3 times, the pipe that meets the can finaly snapped clean off. And yes it was the "new" design that had the added support brackets, they didn't do a damn thing. Go with HMF. I owned one, awsome price, quality, and power. MUCH better than the White Brothers:o

fire_axx
11-18-2004, 02:23 PM
has anyone elses cracked or broke in any way?

PunkA$$
11-18-2004, 02:41 PM
I've had mine for a whole season now with no problems. Very nice power gains too. Oh, and it is quite alot louder than stock!

muddy400EX
11-18-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by sEX
dude seriously i just put my wb e series on my 400 and it gave it a nice torquey grunt to it. its as loud as my bros 400 with a yoshi slip on with out the spark arrestor.

it is deff. louder than stock but it is not nearly as loud as other pipes, and it does have a pretty nice sound to it unless you run without the blank disk, then it sounds like chit. but i would go with HMF, pc t-4 or something like that. i had an e-series on my last 400 and after a few months i wished i had bought something different.

jja125
11-18-2004, 04:53 PM
i've got like 35 or so XC races on my e series and its gotten smashed, dented, rolled over on, etc. and nothing broke. it has a decent hp boost with an airfilter & re-jet. it is louder than stock, but not a loud pipe at all compared to other pipes. i have been very happy with it. unless you are looking for a super loud pipe you should be happy with it.

440_Nick
11-18-2004, 05:00 PM
If I unbolt the can, my E-series can do 360's:ermm:

I wonder if that counts as a trick:confused:

fire_axx
11-18-2004, 05:04 PM
i dont want it loud. i am getting a deal on it $150 . can i make it quieter with some disks or somthein if i want? i ride at my house alot so it cant be too loud. is it louder than a socker wit a uni filter and the air lid off?

Steve-o 400EX
11-18-2004, 05:33 PM
I have an e-series and am very happy with it. Mine did start to crack but i had it welded and its been fine since. I recommend it.

muddy400EX
11-18-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by fire_axx
i dont want it loud. i am getting a deal on it $150 . can i make it quieter with some disks or somthein if i want? i ride at my house alot so it cant be too loud. is it louder than a socker wit a uni filter and the air lid off?

if you dont want it loud then e-series would be good. and yes it will be louder than stock with an air filter. putting a filter on and taking the box lid off doesnt make it louder it just makes it deeper. and if you take some disks out then it is supposed to make it quieter but i tried it on my last one and it sounded the same. i would never buy another e-series though. there alright but there is so many better pipes out there. im getting HMF:D

JR3
11-18-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by jja125
i've got like 35 or so XC races on my e series and its gotten smashed, dented, rolled over on, etc. and nothing broke. it has a decent hp boost with an airfilter & re-jet. it is louder than stock, but not a loud pipe at all compared to other pipes. i have been very happy with it. unless you are looking for a super loud pipe you should be happy with it.

yea mines handled abuse well and if you throw 6 more disks on so ur runin 12 that woke it up a lil and made it pretty loud

fire_axx
11-18-2004, 06:14 PM
so when you take disks out is quietr? right?
also where dose it crack?

muddy400EX
11-18-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by fire_axx
so when you take disks out is quietr? right?
also where dose it crack?

yes
more disks=louder and leaner
less disks=less sound and richer
and ive heard that it cracks where the pipe goes into the can but i never had a problem

Rastus
11-18-2004, 06:49 PM
No probs. at all with my WB E-series Pro-Meg. :)

awsomeaussies
11-19-2004, 12:41 PM
My mounting bracket broke off.:mad:

jja125
11-19-2004, 12:50 PM
thats bizaar. does anybody have a picture of where they break? i'm just curious cuase i seriously think i could hit mine with a sledge and it wouldn't break??

hondarider2006
11-19-2004, 05:21 PM
Here is where mine broke in all of the places the first time...:o

Steve-o 400EX
11-20-2004, 08:03 AM
Where yours broke, mine is still solid, the mount on the top of thecan broke on 3 of the sides so i had it welded and its rock solid now.:macho