PDA

View Full Version : TCS Info

ny300exrider
11-17-2004, 04:58 PM
im looking into shocks this winter and have always liked tcs shocks. i already know everytihng about elka and other companies but never got much info about tcs. does anyone have a website where i can find alittle more info on them or maybe a company that sells them to see how much they are?

also if anyone has tcs triple rate or dual rate with rezzy, could you shoot me a pm on how much you got them for and where so i can see the difference in pricing between other companies. thanks alot

Greg Z
11-17-2004, 05:32 PM
hey man I ran TCS shoot me an IM ill let you know how they ran ;)

They cost 700 dollars shipped to your door brand new Tripple rates with ZPS and rezzies..

Honestly for the money you can not beat TCS.... iv ridden on ELKA and I would not pay the extra money to get that comfort... plus... the people who've ran elka and tcs (owned both) said that TCS has been better in the long run the valving has been terrible threw ELKA... Either its way to soft or way to stiff...

R3Concepts
11-17-2004, 08:20 PM
TCS are great shocks, I had them on my 426ex. Triple rate ZPS shocks were like 700 and its like 800-850 for LT. Todd Davis owns TCS and he worked at Race Tech for like 8 years and was the head suspension guy over there. He started TCS in the same building that CT builds motors, and the moved on to his own shop. Ive ridden bikes with Elkas and I would have to say TCS is better. I never had a single problem with them.

Colby@C&DRacing
11-18-2004, 11:16 AM
Ya we have been selling tcs for quite a while and have been really happy. Give us a call and I will get you a price

motoboy66
11-18-2004, 09:00 PM
I run TCS front triple rate ressie with zps. I got them for $700 to my door. Look on ebay someone there has them for $650 new to your door. couldn't be happier, i also had them rebuild my rear. I run XC so they are stup for that, and really make the ride a lt better. My buddy has full Elka on his, the ride is the same as far a I can tell. You will be happy with them. The only thing I didn't get that he did with his Elkas was a parts digram and instruction manual.

Florida400EX
11-19-2004, 08:20 PM
When I had my 416ex, I had TCS standard travel tripple rates and a TCS standard travel rear shock, with plus 3 burgards, and a Dominator axle. I would personally spend the extra $150 to upgrade to the elka tripples with rezzies, but it's about what you want not me. About what somebody said about the elka valving, yes it happens every now and then, but elka is really working hard to get everything that leaves the door perfect, but not everybody is perfect! that is why elka will revalved them for free the first time if you don't like them!

Greg Z
11-20-2004, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Florida400EX
When I had my 416ex, I had TCS standard travel tripple rates and a TCS standard travel rear shock, with plus 3 burgards, and a Dominator axle. I would personally spend the extra $150 to upgrade to the elka tripples with rezzies, but it's about what you want not me. About what somebody said about the elka valving, yes it happens every now and then, but elka is really working hard to get everything that leaves the door perfect, but not everybody is perfect! that is why elka will revalved them for free the first time if you don't like them! Its honestly not worth 150 bucks its not even worth 100:chinese:

300extreme#8
11-20-2004, 10:15 PM
where can i order a set from,any websites or what??? lookin to get some shocks for christmas

Pappy
11-20-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Greg Z
Its honestly not worth 150 bucks its not even worth 100:chinese:

i have a set of tcs here and a set of elka. both are about the same age and have seen the same abuse (riders are friends and ride together)

the elkas look like they could pass for new while the TCS show much sign of wear and tear. (funny because the TCS shocks are on the faster riders quad and he is usually out front:p )

elka has really put some quality into almost every aspect of thier shock and if you compare apples to apples i think they are worth the $150 extra and then some.

kazpr
11-21-2004, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
Ya we have been selling tcs for quite a while and have been really happy. Give us a call and I will get you a price
Order your shocks from Colby he will HOOK you up :)