PDA

View Full Version : Tell me all/any problems that the 450r has/had

Out_Sider
11-17-2004, 04:39 PM
i wanna know everything that has gone wrong with them, and no im gonna use this to diss the honda or anything, my dad wants to know this more than i do. thank you

Hammer trx450r
11-17-2004, 04:50 PM
One problem im having is Im not spending enough time with the family:p

T@AFP
11-17-2004, 04:58 PM
The only problem with mine is the frame.
It's weak.
I've broke it in several locations.
I ride MX not very aggressive but I do jump. Further than some, not as much as most.
Honda is aware of the issue but says that its due to race conditions and abuse. (I'm old)
Kinda like the Z400 & 400EX.
Other than that it's great.
It seems to hold up better than a YFZ. No offense.

One_Bad_400
11-17-2004, 06:52 PM
well what ive been hearing lately is the 05 engine crank bearing are going out and a nother guy's engine locked up, and ive hurd that the frames are weak by the motor mounts, but a frame is going to break on any quad if you ride it like you should!!!

WhiteZee
11-18-2004, 10:18 AM
there have been a small amount of people who have the engines lock up with less then 10 hours on it. honda fixes this for free. if your worried about the engine locking up, its not an issue after about 10 hours, so your fine. also some frames have been broken/cracked, and honda also fixes this for free. all quads frames crack, it happens to everyone.

DirtDevilBT
11-19-2004, 02:51 PM
Not warriors.lol
Really, I had about 4 or 5 hours on my 450R when I droped a filter, HMF, box prefilter, and jet kit. I took it out to Glamis a couple weekends back and beat the snot out of it. Unfortunately, I only got a full day in. I think I have about 14 or so hours on it and don't have any problems, knock on wood. I do have a slight knocking sound at idle whether it is cold or hot, I've been told its just the piston and that it's normal. I am keeping my eye on it, the thing still has 4 1/2 months on the warrenty.

The only problems I have: still getting used to the front end when jumping; kind of light. And, with skid plate on, the rebound on the rear shock is not accessable, why don't they have it pointing backwards like all the others instead of to the side. WTF?

exrider44
11-19-2004, 03:22 PM
I have had 0 problems got mine last january.:D

hondaman1
11-20-2004, 03:42 PM
ive had my 04 450r for about 4 weeks mine is smoking an gas fumes blowing out of the exhaust i was told by the honda dealer that it was bad gas or wahtever so i had the whole motor flushed out changed all oils because there was gas in my engine oil its flooding itself only thing ive added was k&N filter with air box lid still on i flushed the gas tank out an the carb free of all the "bad gas" got gas from new gas station an its been about 2 weeks and its still smoking gas does anybody know whats wrong with it?

RobRacing
11-20-2004, 07:21 PM
The only problems i've had with mine is the stator went after about 2 months but got it replaced under warranty and my frame has cracked but that's a normal thing for a mxer. Other than that it runs great and after this winter it is going to run even better.