PDA

View Full Version : Excellent Performance & Loud Exhaust

mephyst
11-17-2004, 03:40 PM
Finally got some more money to put into my 450 and I know theres a lot of threads on exhausts, but what is one that just cracks and has that nice loud 4 stroke romp to it, and also gives excellent performance? I want to be heard. I heard Curtis Sparks is loud, but is it really really loud?

REDARMYRACER
11-17-2004, 03:53 PM
try a bills thunder, my machine is pretty damn loud... I had to repack the muffler to try to quiet it down. it worked too, but the pipe is still loud and sleeper style...

Mxracer53
11-17-2004, 03:55 PM
hey red army how do u like ur bills exhaust do u have any pics of ur quad withit on?and sparks its all right kinda loud

Mxracer53
11-17-2004, 03:58 PM
if u compare it to the stocker it sounds like a 500 hp muscle car.its is aswome for power i wouldnt recommend any thing else

chris450R
11-17-2004, 04:07 PM
man if you want loud and performance, get the curtis sparks pipe! i have it on my 450R and i absolutely love it. i wouldn't go with another exhaust. i wanted it loud as crap and boy did i get it. but it isn't just loud and excessive, it really gives it the deep loud crack of the 450 4-stroke. the power it gives is night and day diference. i can run with my brother side by side and he has a 04 pred with full yoshi exhaust, 12:1 piston, and a edlbrock carb. so for just an exhaust i would say that it is doing great! c-ya, chris

Matt400ex_17
11-17-2004, 04:11 PM
I raced a guy with a bill's on his 450r and his was louder than my LRD but, i think the lrd is probaly a better performing exhaust. Also i was next to a yfz with a sparks and i was louder than him

aroracer72
11-17-2004, 04:41 PM
trinity, SPARKS, Yoshimura, TC, or Pro Circuit....these are the loudest.......but only Pro Circuit and Yoshimure have forrestry sparkies. I have a trinity on my dale.....FRICKING loud.....but very very nice deep toan to it. OHH if you want to pay an arm and a leg.....get a White Brothers carbon pro...best power gains and best sound....but cost a lot.
CHAD

R3Concepts
11-17-2004, 04:59 PM
TC is the loudest pipe, but not 535 worth of power. Sparks only for my 450. Deep on low end but when you pin it, its loud.

TRXMI
11-17-2004, 07:08 PM
What about the esr exhaust???

Shuee_400
11-17-2004, 08:56 PM
Why do people allways wanted the loudest...its not a good thing....

Jersey450R
11-17-2004, 09:04 PM
HMF produces the best quality sound you can buy and hey, the performance is as close to perfect as you can get

450 Racer R
11-17-2004, 09:50 PM
^anything with a straight through design is the best

Martin Blair
11-17-2004, 10:27 PM
bill ballance pipe sounds good and has good low-mid power and sounds really nice, comparable to a sparks 400 if you heard one its deep and sounds good. But for the pipe for 450r i just picked up a yoshi TRS for less the 400, and imo the yoshi trs is best for 450.

jeepnrocks
11-18-2004, 08:04 AM
me too i want the loudest exhaust possible so my ears will bleed and when i go night riding i make everyone within 5 miles angry so i get more places closed off.
oh yeah and it will be sooo awesome when i fail my sound testing at the races haha
j/k but loud gets annoying

400ex4ever
11-18-2004, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Matt400ex_17
I raced a guy with a bill's on his 450r and his was louder than my LRD but, i think the lrd is probaly a better performing exhaust. Also i was next to a yfz with a sparks and i was louder than him

I couldn't agree more. The LRD has that nice deep rumble at idle and lets every one know when you get out it with out screaming.

Jersey450R
11-18-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by jeepnrocks
me too i want the loudest exhaust possible so my ears will bleed and when i go night riding i make everyone within 5 miles angry so i get more places closed off.
oh yeah and it will be sooo awesome when i fail my sound testing at the races haha
j/k but loud gets annoying

Sparks might just be the loudest exhaust for the 450R. my buddy got one and every time he went by us when he was on the gas, it was like the noise that makes your eyes shut and tear and you feel the noise in your stomach!

450 Racer R
11-18-2004, 11:36 AM
my TC has an ok noise level

red2004 TRX450R
11-18-2004, 12:17 PM
Hetrick Racing TRX450R Exhaust System is loud and real good power!!!

mephyst
11-18-2004, 04:01 PM
Haha, well I guess I've settled on the Sparks. I'm not saying loud is best or anything, I just want to have a nice deep-loud rumble to my bike, but also getting the good performance. And I think the Sparks price wise is a good deal.

Jersey450R
11-18-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by 450 Racer R
my TC has an ok noise level
dude your tc is friggen LOUD!

450 Racer R
11-18-2004, 04:38 PM
lol. I noticed yours got alot louder. I hear ya revving it up sometimes. I'm sure you hear mine all the time when I'm working on it in the garage.

HbombSquad
11-18-2004, 07:30 PM
TC is the loudest pipe that for sure!!:devil:

dn1911
11-18-2004, 08:37 PM
any aftermarket pipe will give you the rumble you are looking for but most of the pipes i see being recommended are all loud. i wuold definitly be looking for a queit core for all of them.

loud pipes are not being tolerated as they used to be. take example of many riding area and even the professional racing sanctions all enforcing db limits on the exhaust.

i would be looking for something in the 96db range that still makes good power. a guy on another site that recently developed a new ground breaking design (the best out their but exspensive) once told me that if i didn't want his that Pro Circuit was the best thing on the market. and he tested a lot of pipes.

also if anyone wants to make an offer on a HMF Ballance Pro that has been ceramic coated let me know. it will probally be for sale soon.

TRXMI
11-18-2004, 08:45 PM
What about esr pipe???

Jersey450R
11-18-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by 450 Racer R
lol. I noticed yours got alot louder. I hear ya revving it up sometimes. I'm sure you hear mine all the time when I'm working on it in the garage.
yea i hear you sometimes, lol! yea the hmf really made my quad open up. it has a real deep tone to it. come around the corner one day when you hear it.

jeepnrocks
11-19-2004, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by dn1911

i would be looking for something in the 96db range that still makes good power. a guy on another site that recently developed a new ground breaking design (the best out their but exspensive) once told me that if i didn't want his that Pro Circuit was the best thing on the market. and he tested a lot of pipes.

also if anyone wants to make an offer on a HMF Ballance Pro that has been ceramic coated let me know. it will probally be for sale soon.
your talking about the pulsecharger :)
I'll be getting one as soon as they are available. I would rather have the best over the loudest anyday. :)

PEPwalshZ440
11-19-2004, 07:24 AM
If you want loud and riciulous power, get the TC full exhaust from Rudy at DFR
Mike

mephyst
11-19-2004, 08:06 AM
Alright so where is the cheapest place to pick up/order the Sparks exhaust?

TRXMI
11-19-2004, 09:12 AM
So sparks is the best pipe and the performance. What about yosh. the dealer said that it was the best pipe out for the trx. Is it loud, performance is it good.

Jersey450R
11-19-2004, 09:37 AM
This is only my opinion, but i think yoshi is very overated. I know gust runs it but he would win with any pipe, plus hes sponsored by suziki?yoshimura.

450 Racer R
11-19-2004, 11:08 AM
Yoshimura is a great exhaust. I like my TC better though. The diffence in performance between exhausts is mainly in the head pipe. Different head pipe designs give different performance gains. Most aftermarket muffler (silencers) are pretty much the same size. The TC has a much shorter muffler and a larger diameter head pipe.

Hammer trx450r
11-19-2004, 12:45 PM
The word is Yoshi for Susuki and TC for Honda

Jersey450R
11-19-2004, 01:02 PM
yea true man. i also heard the yoshi works well on the Mario Kart

DirtDevilBT
11-19-2004, 02:09 PM
I like my HMF very much but if you want something loud and unique, you have to go with a DMC. My friend has a 440ex with the DMC alien and man does it sound cool. It's louder 'n hell and when you watch him go up Oldmobile hill at Glamis it just sounds so F in sick. It crackles and thumps like nothing I have ever heard especially when he's on it going up Olds. And I mean CRACKLES! Nasty sick crackling, the good kind tho. LOL

roughrider01
11-19-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by DirtDevilBT
I like my HMF very much but if you want something loud and unique, you have to go with a DMC. My friend has a 440ex with the DMC alien and man does it sound cool. It's louder 'n hell and when you watch him go up Oldmobile hill at Glamis it just sounds so F in sick. It crackles and thumps like nothing I have ever heard especially when he's on it going up Olds. And I mean CRACKLES! Nasty sick crackling, the good kind tho. LOL

Rudy at DFR tested out the DMC for the 450r and told me it was junk, very small gains.

R3Concepts
11-19-2004, 05:15 PM
Rudy tested the DMC, junk. Yoshi, better then DMC. TC, good pipe but not 535 worth of power. And which pipe does he have on Ricky's bike now?........dun dun dun

SPARKS.

REDARMYRACER
11-20-2004, 02:55 PM
bills is the same way i like it, nice deep sound thats not tinny.

if you want to get that deep note just repack your muffler really really tightly. get as much paking in that can as possible. I use race tools performance packing it comes with a good thick sheet of steel wool, stainless screen wrap, and plenty of fiberglass packing. It will help deepen the note on it quite a bit

oh yeah, for the most part, the quieter the exhaust the more power robbing it is.... typically loud=power. thats why nascar and drag machines are sao loud they make your ears bleed.. thats why i like nascar and drag machines and anything that has a motor on it.... hahhhahahaha:devil:

a DMC is junk for sure an empty coffee can would be better!!!!

450r#221
11-20-2004, 06:10 PM
Ive got no complaints with my Sparks.:macho

TRXMI
11-21-2004, 05:51 AM
It would be cool if we could here some sound clips on each exhaust.

DirtDevilBT
11-21-2004, 08:27 PM
waaooooo!
For what this guy is asking, it seems all he wants is to be heard. I really like my HMF but won't tell you it's the best because I don't know that. The DMC is a cool sounding exhaust but it doesn't stand up to the gains others are putting out. I don't like sound over power but for this dude it sounds just the opposite. DMC is nasty knarly, if thats what you want.

mephyst
11-21-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by DirtDevilBT
waaooooo!
For what this guy is asking, it seems all he wants is to be heard. I really like my HMF but won't tell you it's the best because I don't know that. The DMC is a cool sounding exhaust but it doesn't stand up to the gains others are putting out. I don't like sound over power but for this dude it sounds just the opposite. DMC is nasty knarly, if thats what you want.

Maybe I went a little far with the wanting to be heard thing, lol. No, I'm not a dumbass who just wants my bike to scream and sound like it's going to blow up any second. I just wanted a more loud pipe than a quieter one, but still wanted it to offer the exceptional performance. I just like the fact of off road machines sounding loud and badass; what can I say? Noise isn't really an issue for me down here yet, so who wouldn't want to nice rumbling sound? I have settled on Sparks and it's only a matter of time before it arrives.

TRXMI
11-22-2004, 04:39 PM
Baldwin Motorsports is claiming there exhaust is hitting 102 dbs. Has anybody heard this exhaust. There exhaust system adds approximately 7 hp. If you take the air box top off and add a filter kit the gain is approx. 10 hp Thats what they told me.

BOONE450R
11-22-2004, 04:46 PM
let us know waht you think about it;)

Kilabanshee
11-22-2004, 05:01 PM
Yeah one of my friends tryed the esr exhaust on his 450r he said the power was pretty good but he didnot think it was alittle expensive it does have a cool look to it though.

Jersey450R
11-22-2004, 05:13 PM
from what i heard, the esr didnt really livin the 450R at all, but it does have a sorta unique look to it:eek:

dn1911
11-22-2004, 08:23 PM
yes i was talkning about the Pulse Charger. there is a lot of very very good info available on it at another 450R web site (.org).
it looks strange and is exspensive but from individual test from site members it rocks.

my HMF rocks also but the more i ride it the louder it gets. draws alot of attention and looks good but its startin to drive me nuts.

also on the baldwin exhaust, if you look at his pics and compare to the HMF it uses the same end cap. now they wont fess up to if they make it for him but they will say there has been a cooperatoin in reasearch between the two. my HMF with no lide and K&N and full jetting on dyno made about 38 horse at wheels so 10 isn't going to happen.

devil6
11-24-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by TRXMI
Baldwin Motorsports is claiming there exhaust is hitting 102 dbs. Has anybody heard this exhaust. There exhaust system adds approximately 7 hp. If you take the air box top off and add a filter kit the gain is approx. 10 hp Thats what they told me. I think there fibbin, i've been told by a guy with a dyno in his garage that the trx 450r is limited to 40 hp by the stock cam.So, no matter what you do, u get 40. maybe comp would help, but as far as i know thats it. There is no way just a pipe will add 10 hp. Besides. it's probably made by powerpros, just like alot of the smaller shops pipes. Same pipe, diff tag or sticker.

devil6
11-24-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by dn1911
yes i was talkning about the Pulse Charger. there is a lot of very very good info available on it at another 450R web site (.org).
it looks strange and is exspensive but from individual test from site members it rocks.

my HMF rocks also but the more i ride it the louder it gets. draws alot of attention and looks good but its startin to drive me nuts.

also on the baldwin exhaust, if you look at his pics and compare to the HMF it uses the same end cap. now they wont fess up to if they make it for him but they will say there has been a cooperatoin in reasearch between the two. my HMF with no lide and K&N and full jetting on dyno made about 38 horse at wheels so 10 isn't going to happen. You got the idea! Pulsecharger is where it's at! Have you ever rode at silver lake sand dunes in mich? the guy who invented the pulsecharger tests his stuff there alot. I'm sure a spring trip will be planned! If you talk to him, he'll probably tell you everything you ever wanted to know about the pipe or the 450r you ever wanted to know.

kazpr
11-24-2004, 10:50 PM
Was thinking I read somewhere that Baldwins pipe is a HMF.

DirtDevilBT
11-25-2004, 03:08 PM
Wouldn't doubt it, HMF has a good pipe. Pro Curciut has a nice design too that seems to be used on other pipes too.

TRXMI
11-25-2004, 07:56 PM
I heard around the camp fire that the fmf is the best. This sucks because everybody has a different view on exhaust

benwa450r
11-25-2004, 09:57 PM
If you want it LOUD, get a Sparks exhaust with a big-core option. It's $30 more for big core option with new pipe or $85 for kit for older pipe. It's loud! Makes power with modified engine. Not sure how much it helps a stock motor. It's what Tim Farr is running on his bike.

mephyst
12-01-2004, 05:53 PM
I have an HRC kit installed. Will the Sparks/HMF/Yoshi w/e really wake it up even more? Does the Sparks not help much for a stock engine? Is the big core worth getting on a stock motor?