PDA

View Full Version : How bout this setup?

Phillip
11-17-2004, 02:03 PM
Just wondering how this setup will run? I got the FMF factory 4 system with the FMF powerbomb headpipe, K&N air filter with precharger, K&N air box cover, Jetted, and HRC kit. any thoughts?

jd400
11-17-2004, 02:39 PM
I had that exact setup on my R without the HRC kit. It really livened up the quad. It didn't bog on the bottom quite as bad and the top end was super strong. Since then I tried a Duncan Fatboy. I was looking for more bottom end. With the Duncan, the power on the bottom is definitely more noticeable, but the top end is not quite as much as the FMF. I could feel the seat of the pants difference most in 5th at half or three quarter throttle. The quad would nearly leap (or spin like crazy) when you gassed it at high speeds in high gears with the FMF. The Duncan just doesn't have quite as much power in that respect, but considering the low end is what I wanted, it suits me fine. All in all, you will like the power of the Factory 4.

Phillip
11-18-2004, 02:49 PM
thanks man im so happy that somebody already tried this setup and it worked out. i guess i chose a good setup then thanks for the info