PDA

View Full Version : Twist Throttle Help Needed ASAP

doctor_915
04-17-2002, 08:23 PM
Well guys, I's got me a problem. My MotionPro twist throttle was sticking pretty bad, I could take my hands off the bars completely and it would still give it gas. So I slid my throttle assembly off and seen the Insulator Foam I sprayed in my bars was making it stick. I sanded all that off put the throttle back on and now it does not turn at all. The whole throttle is stuck and wont budge. Any clue what it could be? I tried WD40 in the throttle tube but that didn't help. And also does anyone know a way to remove grips so that I could reuse them again? If I put my thumb throttle back on I dont wanna change grips yet since I just put them on Sunday.

04-17-2002, 09:20 PM
Your gonna have to tare into your carb and see if thats all right see if its stuck there and tarte into your throttle or take out and restall somethings not right i dont think you installed it right.
And bout the grips what i do is do not use glue its a waste of money use hair spray lots of it they slip on and take no time to dry then when you want them off just spray water and the will slip off hope this helps you

dads400ex
04-18-2002, 03:38 PM
Check what BigBore440 said about the carb linkage and also make sure that the bar under the throttle is smooth and also make sure you got the twist barrel in the bar clamp right, the cam in the recess of the clamps. When I first installed mine it would also stick open, pulled it off cleaned out any glue that was in the barrel and put a thin coat of grease on the bar and it works great now.

dads400ex