PDA

View Full Version : white van, home audio scam

quadrcr161
11-17-2004, 12:01 PM
while visiting another forum i was reading about a get getting screwed for buying a set of home audo equipment form a guy in a white van. i know it already dosent sound good, but people get taken like this every day. i just wanted to give people a heads up. i found out through another site that they have been in my area. here is some information about it and how you can see if there has been any reports in your area. remember people, the holidays are comming up and the crooks will be comming out of the wood work. here is the link

http://www.scamshield.com/Feature.asp?id=1

red2004 TRX450R
11-17-2004, 12:13 PM
Ya threes guys are vary good.
They flagged me down and told me that they have some left over speakers form an install and showed my a color brochure and stuff. “ they cost $1000.00” “ it’s a mastake they gave us an extra set” I can give you an invoice” ect…………

They would not stop bugging my until I showed them my 40s&w and then the left.

Ya just like the article said!!!

This was like a year and a half ago!! In NW PA

I gess that’s what u get when u drive a sports car!!!
:mad: :mad:

quadrcr161
11-17-2004, 12:16 PM
glad they didnt take you. im just trying to warn people, they could approach someones parrents and make them think they are getting a deal since they wouldnt know. cooks need to be shipped off.

Rico
11-17-2004, 12:53 PM
My buddy bought some speakers from them 7 years ago here in KY. they worked great though..:cool:

Quad18star
11-17-2004, 01:59 PM
My buddy bought speakers out of the back of a van once .... $50 a piece ..... worth $600 in stores ..... Might have been a little hot , but they worked perfect .