PDA

View Full Version : Question for the parents

hondarider2006
11-17-2004, 11:55 AM
What would you do if you cought your kid smoking pot? Or the school made him take a U.A. and he straight out told you that he/she smoked??

Pappy
11-17-2004, 11:57 AM
ummmm:ermm:

i geuss take away all his/her priviliges

then i would seek some form of counseling....namely the form of my boot in his ***:grr:

quad
11-17-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
ummmm:ermm:

i geuss take away all his/her priviliges

then i would seek some form of counseling....namely the form of my boot in his ***:grr:
Exactly!! I know I wasn't an angel,but I'll never sit n let my kid do drugs.:macho

wideopen
11-17-2004, 12:12 PM
Tough situation guy...

You can either be a hero or a zero on this one... good luck!!

Although the boot in the *** is an excellent idea..

EXJUMPER
11-17-2004, 12:14 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bush0102
11-17-2004, 12:44 PM
you get caught? I made some bad decisions a few years ago, almost got sent to military school. Thank god i straightened out.

I have a friend, Ben, who lives on 800 acres, has a sweet *** 400 ex, a yfz, a polaris ranger, a badass jeep, basically everything he could ever want. He has turned into the biggest pothead and doesnt care about any of the things that are around him anymore, all he cares about is getting high. If his dad found out, he would get the crap beat out of him, plus he'll lose his stake in the land/family fortune. Its really sad what drugs have done to him. He's lost all of his old friends (just hangs out with druggies) and is totally unappreciative of what he has been given. Every weekend his dad goes to their 5000 acre farm in cornersville, tn to fox hunt. While he is away, Ben invites all the stoners over but wont let us ride...it really sucks. Everytime i try to talk to him about it he just says im like a dad and he doesnt want to be lectured. It really is sad, and i've heard he has started to smoke crack. Basically he's thrown his life away, and he is so deep into drugs its not a question of whether or not he is going to get caught but when he is. Then there will never be anymore riding at his house, which has a 5 mile trail we use to train for xc races on, a bunch of other trails, and a pretty nice track (it would be finished if he didnt get so into drugs and bail on us). Last time he had people over, my friend tyler was there. Tyler doesnt drink or smoke, he's a pretty good kid. He just got a large inheritance from his grandfather (over 2 million), but he still works hard (he has a bush hogging and hay bailing business) and appreciates it. Well anyway tyler left the party to get some food with me. When we came back, we find out Ben (who was stoned out of his mind) had driven tylers Tahoe into one of his ponds, and when they pulled it out they yanked it straight into a tree. The car doesnt even run anymore. Ben said he didnt do it but somebody has it on video. I feel so sorry for tyler, he bought the car himself (befor the inheritance), and once again Ben has screwed another person over.

Im sorry if this has nothing to do with your post, i just needed to vent about this. I'm thinking about going to Ben's dad before it gets too late. I'd rather have his dad confront him about it than get a call from the police.

But you see what drugs get you into? Ben used to be a good kid. He has lost a lot of people's respect, and he is going to get in trouble. Im not saying i havent smoked a little pot back in my rebellious phase, i mean who hasnt gotten high or drunk at least a few times? You dont have to be an angel, but dont mess other people's lives up because of your stupid habits. Stay away from drugs.

phew...i'm done. :tired:

hondarider2006
11-17-2004, 12:58 PM
Yeah some kid smelled like pot in welding class...every kid in the booths he was in had to take a UA. On the way to get one, I told me mom I wasn't going to pass. Talked to my dad and mom about it when I got home, got the license taken away and the quad. I think I have learned, I am gonna stay away from it from now on. Dad said he would rather me drink than smoke, even though he used to do it. Said it's not going to get me anywhere in life...he also said some things that made me think about it, decided its not for me:o

Bush0102
11-17-2004, 12:59 PM
good

LazeR
11-17-2004, 01:12 PM
I'd say you got off pretty lucky Nick! Hopefully you won't be doing that shiat anytime soon :blah:

I'm prolly one of the VERY few 18 y/o's who has never been high, or even been close to trying it :) I'm kind of proud of that too ;)

Bush0102
11-17-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by LazeR
I'd say you got off pretty lucky Nick! Hopefully you won't be doing that shiat anytime soon :blah:

I'm prolly one of the VERY few 18 y/o's who has never been high, or even been close to trying it :) I'm kind of proud of that too ;)

glad to hear it!

1 more post to 1,000...

chucked
11-17-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by hondarider2006
Yeah some kid smelled like pot in welding class...every kid in the booths he was in had to take a UA. On the way to get one, I told me mom I wasn't going to pass. Talked to my dad and mom about it when I got home, got the license taken away and the quad. I think I have learned, I am gonna stay away from it from now on. Dad said he would rather me drink than smoke, even though he used to do it. Said it's not going to get me anywhere in life...he also said some things that made me think about it, decided its not for me:o

Why would he rather have you drink? Ive seen problems with both, but getting high isnt as bad as getting drunk. When you hear about some guy that beat up his girlfriend he was drunk not high, its impossible for someone high to get in a fight. High people fightin is like this
High guy 1 "HEY YOU!"
High guy 2 "What?"
High guy one ".... yea"
then they go eat some twinkies and taco's and go to bed

Jackie
11-17-2004, 03:00 PM
first how old is the kid? whenever i found stuff in my house from my oldest daughter. I would get on my soap box a let her have it like.. does she realize the liabilty that is involved. Kid if you get busted and have that stuff in my house I can lose the house and everything I own also the state could take your brother and sister out of the home. In federal court you only have to be charged and not convicted to lose everything your parents own. If its a major problem re-hab is covered with most med insurances. Good luck. Just be open and honest. then theres the wood shed.

JUSTINcredible
11-17-2004, 03:03 PM
last year i was harrased by the school administration and our local police department for somthing like this. One day i was called to the deans office and next thing i know im am getting yelled at, sworn at more than you could imagine by them. They were accusing me of being on meth and selling it in school and on the streets (none of which was true). I got home from school and told my parents about it, next day we went to the clinic so i could get a UA. Got the results back about a week later, gave them to the school thinking that they would back off after that. Nope, i cant even count the number of times I was pulled over for no reason what so ever, When asked for a reason I would never get a legitiment answer from them. I was told to get out of the car so they could search it. the first couple times i let them but after that i told them that they cant search it unless they get a warrent for my car. then i was told they were going to arrest me for obsruction. This went on for about a month or so. My mom wrote a letter to the editor in our local paper and filed many complaints with the police dept. and i t finaly started to stop and has stopped since last spring.

I know there are alot of good cops out there but the cops in my town changed what i think of all of them.

Honda4trax250x
11-17-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by LazeR

me too but im 17

although i wont lie i have drank quite a bit in my time

DEAL
11-17-2004, 03:08 PM
My parents don't really say much about it, I can tell they don't like me doing it but they pretty much told me I'm 18 years old and I'm old enough to make my own decisions on these type of things.
I light up maybe once a month which isn't bad considering how often most of the people my age use it.

Quad18star
11-17-2004, 03:14 PM
Your school makes you take U.A ??? WOW .... that would be the day my fist meets someones face when they make me take one .

I'm not a parent , so I can't really tell you how I'd react to it , but I think most people know my views on this subject from a previous thread.

steveatv3
11-17-2004, 03:39 PM
my parents are pretty understanding and would be like ya well everbody trys it, but they wouldnt want me doing it and would just look down on me.

sam the brave
11-17-2004, 03:42 PM
i smoked it but i bet alot of people have my mom knows and says i tried it and i would be a hipicrit if i told u not to smoke

if i smoked on a regular basses she would kill me

n00b on a 400ex
11-17-2004, 07:27 PM
my mom didnt really care when she found a pipe and a bowl in my jacket (god i was such a dumbass...left it in there nd she washed it), i only got grounded for 3 days from my quad, but thats cause she knows id never drive or ride when im stoned/drunk. not thar she wants me to smoke, yea i smoke, but when i do its only on weekends and i never ride or drive when i do smoke...

FasstMidnightZ
11-17-2004, 07:32 PM
i dont somke anything now , ive smoked pot , and i use to smoke cigs all the time . but now i dont because i did get caught by my dad and he told me that if he ever caught me again doing it he would sell my quad . and he said that he wasnt gonna tell my mom it was just between my dad and i , and ive never smoked since . i love my dad to much to do that

Cody_300ex
11-17-2004, 07:34 PM
If my dad ever caught me smoke weed, cigs or anything of that nature i know he would put a boot up my ***, plus I got better stuff to do than smoke. :D Like sit on exriders all day. lol

FasstMidnightZ
11-17-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
I got better stuff to do than smoke. :D Like sit on exriders all day. lol chit thats all i do, sit on exriders all day nothing else to do

Cody_300ex
11-17-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by hondaexrider
chit thats all i do, sit on exriders all day nothing else to do

And be one of the biggest PW's anybodys ever seen.

11-17-2004, 07:44 PM
im jw what does UA stand for? is it a type of drug testing? Im my school they just say we have to take a mandatory drug test.

ny300exrider
11-17-2004, 07:48 PM
i dont even know what would really happen, i dont even want to be around drugs and ive never really thought about what would happen if i did start smoking and got caught. i dont plan on ever touching a cig or joint in my life, thats a goal to me. i just dont like anything about it, i get sick when im around kids smoking pot or cigs..id rather ride my quad:D

Honda4trax250x
11-17-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by member
im jw what does UA stand for? is it a type of drug testing? Im my school they just say we have to take a mandatory drug test.

my guess is urine analasys

is this right?

do you p*ss in a cup?

theTman
11-17-2004, 07:59 PM
just a fact

- if u eat anything with poppyseeds before a drug test you WILL be tested positive, even if you dont smoke

my freind told me this

on the other hand...id never do drugs..i dont wanna be seeing things while im riding:huh

sam the brave
11-17-2004, 08:10 PM
weed slows things down and u are more alert
ciggs are a waste of money the just shorten ure life
but weed make u happy and feel weird and its smells very good

Honda4trax250x
11-17-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by sam the brave
and its smells very good

are you kidding me?

it smells like dog sh*t

LITERALLY

JUSTINcredible
11-17-2004, 08:14 PM
weed is also WAY less harmfull to your body than cigs and alcohol.

Honda4trax250x
11-17-2004, 08:16 PM
i have a question to the kids who smoke weed......

if you were walking down a road and you were hungry and there was a steak just sitting on the sidewalk would you eat it?

THINK ABOUT IT!

cuz thats pretty much what weed is like, you have no idea where that stuff has been

the dealers dont care abt you, they care abt money

Bush0102
11-17-2004, 09:14 PM
to whoever said weed hurts you less than alcohol or what not...

-most regular weed smokers smoke cigarettes.
-the high from weed will eventually get smaller and last shorter, and the user may move to more powerful stuff (dont say it doesnt happen, i've seen it too many times. we had a cocaine epidemic in my town, now extacy and heroin have made their way in. I know kids who smoke crack and meth. They all started with weed)

Quad18star
11-17-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Honda4trax250x
i have a question to the kids who smoke weed......

if you were walking down a road and you were hungry and there was a steak just sitting on the sidewalk would you eat it?

THINK ABOUT IT!

cuz thats pretty much what weed is like, you have no idea where that stuff has been

the dealers dont care abt you, they care abt money

That's why you know where and who you're getting your stuff from . I learnt my lesson from buying from someone I didn't know ... I ended up with stuff that was laced with traces of white powder ... Ya I tripped , but it made me realize, I better know who I'm getting the stuff from .

And about the smell of it , I preffer it's smell to the smell of cigs anyday .

One of my dad's t-shirts .... he's 56 years old by the way . :blah: http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid145/pe49212ccb690940d04c0ac21b57a9cf2/f662fb8d.jpg

JUSTINcredible
11-17-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Bush0102
to whoever said weed hurts you less than alcohol or what not...

-most regular weed smokers smoke cigarettes.
-the high from weed will eventually get smaller and last shorter, and the user may move to more powerful stuff (dont say it doesnt happen, i've seen it too many times. we had a cocaine epidemic in my town, now extacy and heroin have made their way in. I know kids who smoke crack and meth. They all started with weed)

and im not talking about all that other stuff. I also know ppl who have smoked weed for quite a while and havent done any other drugs and who also dont smoke cigaretts.
But I can see what you are trying to say

Bush0102
11-17-2004, 09:22 PM
you know what i just realized?

I hit my 420th post in this thread!

http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif

LazeR
11-17-2004, 09:22 PM
Whoever said weed is less harmful than cigs is also wrong. It's basically the same deal, In there own way they are equally harmful to your body, i can't really remember what all the details are, but i know that there about equal!

LazeR
11-17-2004, 09:24 PM
you know what i just realized?

I hit my 420th post in this thread!

Haha, thats pretty good :p And just how do you know about 420 ? lmao jp

Quad18star
11-17-2004, 09:37 PM
I've never seen weed to cause liver failure , heart attacks , strokes , or fatal overdoses unlike alcohol can do .

Also studies have shown , that there is no addictive substances found in marijuana , unlike alcohol and cigarttes .

Take a package of cigs and take your mom's cleaners from under your sink ... look at the labels .... count and tell me how many chemicals that you find that are the same .

My point is , if you get weed that has not been sprayed with chemicals ( usually sprayed when stuff is grown indoors) , you'll find only minimal traces of halucinogenics ( chit thats a long word that I spelt wrong LOL ) that are natural. It's like drinking Absynth ... which from what I've been told is Illegal in the USA ... but legal here in Canada . It's produced with natural herbs .

Take it from someone who has been there and done that and still does it once in a while .... If you're gunna do it , just be smart about it . Don't go out driving or riding your quad. Know where your stuff is comming from . trust me , you don't want something laced with coke or anything else .... it'll scare the daylights out of you .

Anyone here live out in British Columbia , and wanna send me some mushrooms for me speghetti sauce im making ?? ;)

Bush0102
11-17-2004, 09:39 PM
man greg, you sound like a pothead! haha jk

But Marijuana has like 4000 known toxins in it.

Bush0102
11-17-2004, 09:41 PM
[i]

Anyone here live out in British Columbia , and wanna send me some mushrooms for me speghetti sauce im making ?? ;) [/B]

BAD idea.

I tried shrooms once, i had a bad trip, got mad at time, and broke an oven. Oh god that was the stupidest thing i've ever done.

I also smoked laced weed once...i dont know if it was coke or meth but it was horrible...i was like spinning and couldnt see. It made me sick.

Thats why i just drink in moderation now. No more drugs for me.:macho

And yes, absynth is illegal here, but i want to try it. Whats the proof?

LazeR
11-17-2004, 09:51 PM
I've never tried Pot and i doubt i ever will, so i don't know what its like, alls i know is the facts that i have learned of it being harmful to your body just like cigs are! Which i don't think either are worth it so i dun gots ta worry bout it :devil:

Quad18star
11-17-2004, 09:52 PM
HAHA ... I know ... it sounds bad on my part , but I've experienced it all . I've seen a buddy with a needle stuck in his arm ... then seen him a week later not knowing who he was , who I was , where he was . He took a bad hit of Ecstacy and it fried his nervous system .

Last year we had a really bad problem with Ecstacy goign around here , and it was all mixed wrong ... In a matter of about a month 5 or 6 people died from it . You'll never see me stick a needle in my arm , snort something up my nose , or swallow any type of pills ... Ive seen how it's ruined peoples lives .

I guess , like I said in a different thread before ... my views on marijuana are different from most of you guys because of the fact that my Government has "legalized it" . We had the experts come into our highschools back in the day and explain the effects of it ... explain the consequences .... and that really opens up peoples eyes . Best thing to do is get informed .

Now alot of you guys might think I'm a pothead or whatever it is , but I'm actually not . LOL . Yes have have smoked weed , and yes I still do it on occasion . But I also graduated highschool with a high 80's low 90's GPA ... I went to college for 2 years and got my Civil Engineering diploma and now I'm in a Management position with the company I work for .

Now wheres the mushrooms ... I wanan see purple elfs riding on elephants . ;) Just joking !!!!!!

Quad18star
11-17-2004, 09:55 PM

And yes, absynth is illegal here, but i want to try it. Whats the proof?

I believe it's 85% proof ..... all I know , is if you wanna have a good time ... and have it hit you fast .... 3 shots of absynth will have you seeing chit in a matter of 15 minutes .

It's expensive though .... 26er of it is $95 at the Liquor Store .

Bush0102
11-17-2004, 09:58 PM
wow that is some expensive stuff.

does it even taste good? i still want to try it.:devil:

you do know that the shrooms you trip grow on cow crap, right?

Quad18star
11-17-2004, 10:08 PM
wow that is some expensive stuff.

does it even taste good? i still want to try it.:devil:

you do know that the shrooms you trip grow on cow crap, right?

Ya it's pretty good stuff .... it's hard to describe it's taste ... I don't even know what to compare it to .

LOL ... the shrooms you might be buying come from cows crap , the ones I've had were right from the mountains of British Columbia and WOW ..... I tripped pretty good . The walls were on fire ... I seen elfs , I seen talking dogs ... etc. The thing I've found about mushrooms , is that you have to be in a good mood before and while you're tripping ... if you're in a bad mood or sad you're gunan have one scary trip . Most of the times , I've been able to control it and just enjoy what is going on .

To all the kids out there ... don't do as I do ..... do as I say .... don't do mushrooms .

Pappy
11-17-2004, 10:10 PM
guys..i believe in live and let live. what you do behind the closed doors of your house is your business as long as it doesnt find its way into the public. (always does and my family has to see it)

i cant do anything about drugs and thier illecit use in the real world, but i can on this site and i feel this thread needs to be closed.

Bush0102
11-17-2004, 10:10 PM
well to my knowledge the only psychophillipin or whateve mushrooms grow on cowcrap because they start on the grass, get eaten by the cow, then they come out, sprout up on the crap, and then release spores back into the grass...