PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Issue?

400exTN
11-17-2004, 10:06 AM
My quad has been sitting for about two months due to no time to ride. Two days ago I go out to start it and take it for a little spin. When I turn the key on the neutral light doesn't come on and it won't start. I put the battery on the charger overnight. The battery is charged. The next morning the same results. I decided to start in off the solenoid. It fires right up. I was able to shut if off with the kill switch on the control box or the key. With the key on, I get no lights, no neutral light and the push button start doesn't work but the kill switch will stop it. It won't jump start either. What gives? Battery?

I didn't see any loose wiring connections.

MadMax27
11-17-2004, 05:43 PM
Id check yer grounds. Did yer bike sit filthy for 2 months? That would cause the sad little 16 gauge wire to corrode, also check inside the box on yer handlebars that holds those cheap slide switches. Also, a blown fuse, where it is??????? It would cut out the control circuit, whereas the line voltage would still work if you manually engage the solenoid. Just some thoughts.......

400exTN
11-18-2004, 09:45 AM
I cleaned it up after the last ride. It was the fuse between the battery and the regulator. Problem solved. Thanks for the help.