PDA

View Full Version : Gt thunder suspension package

dodgeram
11-16-2004, 09:50 PM
I was looking into haveing gt thunder doing there suspension mod to my bike. Do they set everything up for you and you riding style like elka or works or does he just make the changes and you have to set everything up? Also I saw on their linkage you have to cut the skidplate, if you don't race motocross what would happen if you hit a rock with the linkage.

RedRacer44
11-17-2004, 12:25 AM
I have the GT Thunder MX link w/ out a skid plate. I raced at Gold Rush XC Race a few weeks ago adn the link held up. Its made of quality material. Its got some scratches but nothing bad.

Yes, Laz at GT Thunder asks for your weight, riding style, and level when he does your shock. He just faxed JH the valving data for my rear shock and JH did the revalve for me.

kazpr
11-17-2004, 03:58 AM
Dodge you going to be @ the Arena cross there on Dec. 12 and 13th? I am coming up from Kansas to be there. If so we should all hookup on Friday!

dodgeram
11-18-2004, 08:42 AM
I will probably be there but not to race just to watch...

maynard22
11-18-2004, 08:59 AM
Hey dodgeram are you going to be riding anywhere this weekend? I am out in prattville and am always looking for someone to go out and tear up some trails with.:macho :devil:

maynard22
11-18-2004, 09:02 AM
Hey dodgeram do you know of anywhere else to ride instead of below the dam and appalachia bay?

WhiteZee
11-18-2004, 10:14 AM
i dont have any problems with my linkage, theres theres hardly any scratchs on it. i ride/race XC.

dodgeram
11-18-2004, 11:29 AM
Those are the only 2 places I know of besides little sahara....we go out there quite a bit, I will probably ride sunday if it ever stops raining...

RedRacer44
11-18-2004, 11:43 AM
There's a place just south of Stillwater called The Stillwater Cycle Park that is really sweet! But it requires a yearly membership but its worth it. Like $20 or $30 a year, has some sweet *** XC trails w/ a MX track in the middle of it all. We used to go out there a lot. But other than that, you're restricted to Appalachia Bay or below the dam. I love Appalachia Bay, I never get burnt out on it for some reason, been riding there since I was younger.

maynard22
11-18-2004, 12:31 PM
I'm a member at the Cycle Park, there is some good trails out there, the track hasn't been prepped in a while so it is in pretty bad shape. Are you going to Appalachia on sunday? What kind of bike will you be riding? I'll be on a red 400 ex with about every sticker that you can imagine on it. Will you park in the first lot or up closer to the entrance of the trails?

dodgeram
11-18-2004, 12:50 PM
yeah....I will be on a 450r, I drive a red dodge 4x4. I will probably park as close as I can to the trails

maynard22
11-18-2004, 01:42 PM
Cool man I'll look for ya, I'll be in sivler trailblazer or a blue durango.:devil: