PDA

View Full Version : more power

buster369
11-16-2004, 08:10 PM
What are some tricks to get a lil more out of a bike? I have a piston and cams and porting but are there any tricks to get some more power and speed?

mojoe2878
11-17-2004, 07:39 AM
you can go up on the gearing to get more speed but you will lose some acceleration, or you can go down on the gearing and get quicker acceleration but will lose some top speed.
you can go with a different carb for some more power.
a different grind cam. what cam do you have now?
go bigger on the bore and up on compression. what size are you running now?
get a full exhaust if you dont have one.
stroke it.
theres a lot of things you can do if you want to spend some money and how much you have to spend.

buster369
11-17-2004, 10:00 AM
i've changed the gearing. I have a ported and polished head. A valve job, webcam cam springs, and rocker arms. .20 over weisco piston, shaved head, full exhaust, jet kit, k& n and i'm removing my airbox lid

racer94
11-17-2004, 11:07 AM
milling the head will give you some more torque and power..anything done to up the compression will gain you in torque in tern having more power...matching the carb and the cam will give you alot as well.see alot of poeple just throw stuff into their motor,that is killin it..to have a great engine you have to have everything matched together,put a good combination in it..if you put the matched cam,timing,portwork,headwork,bore and gearing in an engine and it will be killer..good luck!