PDA

View Full Version : photochop help!

250exen
11-16-2004, 06:50 PM
ok, i have a picture and i want to competely get rid of the background, kinda like some of you guys have as your icons. its kinda hard to explain but i think you guys get it...
i guess you could explain it as cropping the picture around the object you want and to competely get rid of the background. i tryed the background eraser, but that leaves it as white... i want it competely gone if thats possible....
sorry for the long and confusing post....
thanks
tj

LazeR
11-16-2004, 11:09 PM
Do you want to blend it with another pic ? Are your talking about wanting the background to be "transparent" or everything be transparent except for your quad..... If you want to blend it with something (add it to another picture) then you can just use something like photoshop and it allows you put 2 pics together and only have certain portions of each picture show up

Hope that helps a little at least

FourFiftyFour
11-16-2004, 11:11 PM
use a layer mask

LazeR
11-16-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
use a layer mask

Yea what she said!

I only know how to blend 2 pics, i've never tried to make everything transparent behind the "object"

I think i may have something ot try now!

250exen
11-17-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by LazeR
Do you want to blend it with another pic ? Are your talking about wanting the background to be "transparent" or everything be transparent except for your quad..... If you want to blend it with something (add it to another picture) then you can just use something like photoshop and it allows you put 2 pics together and only have certain portions of each picture show up

Hope that helps a little at least

yeah, im tryping to get the background to be transparent... if that helps

thanks