PDA

View Full Version : ESR Airbox Eliminator Kit

450 Racer R
11-16-2004, 06:49 PM
I know there were a few guys running this on here... Any follow up on how well it performed? Would you recommend it or not?

Jersey450R
11-16-2004, 07:54 PM
john, if you like your motor running the way it is for the type of riding we do, i wouldnt get one.

DirtDevilBT
11-19-2004, 03:14 PM
I got a outwears that replaces the airbox lid, great mod. And, I get to keep crap out while running no lid. C&D racing

REDARMYRACER
11-20-2004, 02:34 PM
I have an esr eliminator kit. it sucks. hell i'll sell it to you. I ride hard and the damn thing falls off the carb. the shady boot they give you to connect the intake to the carb sucks. the actuall billet tube does not mount anywhere so the thing just hangs, with they knn on it. the yfz version has a tab on the tube that mounts it solidly to the sub frame... all that leverage not mounted solid can rip the rubber intake manifold( the boot from carb to motor)

Performance wise just from riding the bike, no dyno runs, it feels like you may have more top end power, maybe a little, but I think you lose low end grunt. Magics racing said it might be cause theres no air box.

I went back to the stock airbox and a knn. If you look at your stock intake boot it is damn near a perfect tube anyway. It doesn't choke anywhere like the yfz's...