PDA

View Full Version : Best Price on an 05 TRX 450r in So. Cal

lacofdfireman
11-16-2004, 06:34 PM
What is the Best Price on an 05 TRX 450r in So. Cal. The best I have found so far is $6299 OTD. Anyone know of any better deals out there? Also they want $250 for the HRC Power Up kit plus install. Not sure what the install charges would be. Looking to buy before Thanksgiving weekend anyone have any connections?

stryker
11-17-2004, 03:35 AM
I too would be interested in hearing about some place to get a killer deal on TRX! Let's get some input fellas!!:cool:

Hey lacofdfireman,

Where are you stationed at? I am trying to get my brother who is a firefighter stationed in Iraq right now to move here after his tour. Do you have any suggestions for him getting going here in the LA area? Let me know if you find that special deal would ya!

:D

Jersey450R
11-17-2004, 05:36 AM
i got mine for $5999 with a few choosy words. Its all about the negotiation. I kept walkin and they kept reeling me as if i was a trophy fish they wanted to have mounted.:p

DirtDevilBT
11-19-2004, 03:08 PM
Got mine from LA Cycle something or another in Inglewood for 6100.

Mountain Motorsports has sold them for 5900, that I've heard.
If you go to MM talk to Jason, I ride with him and golf with his DAD. Ask him for the b1tch1n price, I didn't even know he worked there otherswise thats where I would have gone. MM is on mountain ave. btw

DirtDevilBT
11-19-2004, 03:09 PM
O and see if he can get the HRC kit for you too. Where are you located? Are you sure the kit is for you?

mephyst
11-19-2004, 03:48 PM
You cannot compete with the prices at LA Honda. No matter where you go dealers always BS you. LA Honda gives you one firm price, no dickering around, and it is cheaper than anywhere else.

illusion
11-19-2004, 04:52 PM
OTD with taxes + registeration $6,500 at Glendale Honda

stryker
11-19-2004, 07:46 PM
I just recently moved to the Redondo Beach area! I appreciate the suggestions and will check them out. Sounds like La cycle / honda around here might be my best bet. If you have any other words of advice please throw them my way. Also, I can use some new riding/camping buddies since I'm new in town. It may be a little bit before I get this bike but it would be cool to know who to hook up with when the time comes.

If you want to e-mail me my name Is Dana Daniels and my e-mail is Dana@DanielsRealtyUSA.com. I look forward to hearing from ya!:cool:

lacofdfireman
11-19-2004, 07:52 PM
Just picked mine up last night at LA Cycle Sport for $6299 Out the Door. This is my 3rd bike I have bought from them and they are a no hassels dealer. They give you a price and its bottom line. I asked my local dealer if they would sell me an 05 for $6299 and they said they couldn't even come close to that. MSRP is $6499. LA Cycle sold it for $5799 plus tax and $25 paperwork and it comes out to be $6299 out the door. If you work with them talk to either Dan or Bob in internet sales.

stryker
11-19-2004, 08:14 PM
That's great to hear! That is the best deal I have heard of so far in Cali :eek2:! I will try them out. Where are they located?

lacofdfireman
11-19-2004, 09:53 PM
They are down in the HOOD!! Inglewood

stryker
11-19-2004, 11:23 PM
IngleWOOOOOOD!:devil:

Thanks not to far from where I live. Not in the hood though!!:D

Kennethyfz450
11-20-2004, 08:30 AM
Abernathys has a killer deal for a honda 450r

www.abernathyonline.com

i think they have it listed for 5299.00!!! Yes i already called and thats the price you pay!

Print it out and take it to your dealer and see if they can match it! I dont think you want to travel all the way to Tenn.. to buy one.

DirtDevilBT
11-21-2004, 08:55 PM
L.A. Cycle sold me my 450R for 6099 OTD. They have them advertised in the cycletrader all the time. The store is basically on the corner of the 405 and 105 freeways. I think it's Manchester or something like that.

You want to know what pisses me off about buying my 450R. I went Bert's ...Mall and told them I am about to pick up a 450R from LA cycle for 6100 OTD. Can you give me a reason not to? Even tho I have bought a GTX 3 seater Seadoo w/dual trailer and 2 warriors, they still didn't give a F*ccK about me. They said they could get me one for 6500 OTD, WTF why did you even talk to me? Damnit waste of my time!

stryker
11-21-2004, 09:15 PM
Businesses that have no loyalty to their customers will never be successful in the long run. You're better off going somewhere that will be loyal to you and be an enjoyable experience! I too have had my time wasted many times. I feel your pain. I will pay more just to have a good experience with good people that I can come back to. Was LA cycle a good shop in your mind? Thanks for the reply!!:cool:

mephyst
11-21-2004, 09:42 PM
My dad did the same exact thing. He bought a 400ex and one of the first 5 450r's to reach OC Honda (in which he paid an outrageous ammount for, but wanted it that bad). My dad goes in to buy my sister a new 90, reminds them of the previous bikes he bought there and they remember him. He has $2500 cash in his pocket and tells the guy he doesn't want to hassle with anything $2500 otd thats it. The guy gets out his calculator and says ahhhhhhhhh the best I can do is $2600. So my dad says ok have a good day I'm going to LA Honda, Cya. He walks out the door, calls LA Honda on his cell and they got the 90 ready for him by the time he was there and just had to sign the paperwork. No problem, no dicking around, their prices are the cheapest you can find around here in Southern California. We don't think there is any "loyal dealers" anymore.

lacofdfireman
11-21-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by mephyst
My dad did the same exact thing. He bought a 400ex and one of the first 5 450r's to reach OC Honda (in which he paid an outrageous ammount for, but wanted it that bad). My dad goes in to buy my sister a new 90, reminds them of the previous bikes he bought there and they remember him. He has $2500 cash in his pocket and tells the guy he doesn't want to hassle with anything $2500 otd thats it. The guy gets out his calculator and says ahhhhhhhhh the best I can do is $2600. So my dad says ok have a good day I'm going to LA Honda, Cya. He walks out the door, calls LA Honda on his cell and they got the 90 ready for him by the time he was there and just had to sign the paperwork. No problem, no dicking around, their prices are the cheapest you can find around here in Southern California. We don't think there is any "loyal dealers" anymore.

I agree that dealer loyalty can pretty much be thrown out the Door. When I walk into LA Cycle Sports they (Dan) know who I am treat me with respect and do there best to make sure I am happy. I appreciate dealing with them and I will always take my business to them. I never have to negociate the price cause they have the lowest prices anywhere in So. Cal. PERIOD. All three of my purchases with them has been smooth no hassles. They will ask me if I want and extended warranty or anything else to go with it and if I say no then thats it. Most places will badger you till you are pissed off trying to get you to buy accessories but LA Cylce Sports has top knotch people. Bottom line Check with them first. Go to local dealer and give them a chance to match (Which they will not be able to) Then by from the best. By the way I am in no way affiliated to LA Cycle Sports. My loyalty goes to the lowest bidder and thats all I care about.

ewathen
11-22-2004, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Kennethyfz450
Abernathys has a killer deal for a honda 450r

www.abernathyonline.com

i think they have it listed for 5299.00!!! Yes i already called and thats the price you pay!

Print it out and take it to your dealer and see if they can match it! I dont think you want to travel all the way to Tenn.. to buy one.

Has anyone bought from these guys before. I live in Indiana and their prices are worth the drive down there if they are legit.

Thanks for the info.

lacofdfireman
11-23-2004, 04:12 PM
To far from where I live to make it worth it. Call them up and ask what the bottom line is. Sometimes there is hidden costs.

copter
11-23-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by lacofdfireman
To far from where I live to make it worth it. Call them up and ask what the bottom line is. Sometimes there is hidden costs.

Sounds like Alba

DirtDevilBT
11-24-2004, 06:55 PM
Yeah, I have done all my business with Berts as to toy purchases. I never buy anything else, every dealer is too expensive but that's just because they have overhead. I like rockymountain atv. I wish LA Honda sold other brands of quads like Bert's.

lacofdfireman
11-24-2004, 08:57 PM
What brand are yo looking for. They sell Honda, Yamaha, Polaris, Suzuki, Kawasaki. What else would you want?

DirtDevilBT
11-25-2004, 03:12 PM
Whaaa?
When I went there to buy my 450 I didn't see a single Yamaha there. All I saw was polaris and honda.

lacofdfireman
11-25-2004, 09:09 PM
That is probably correct. You went to LA Honda. There is also another store called LA Yamaha. check out there website it will tell you all the brands and store locations. LA Cycle Sports (http://www.lacyclesports.com)