PDA

View Full Version : i need help with some ideas for me racing my 400ex

loons#2
11-16-2004, 04:38 PM
i need some help from some body that know what they are doing! i need help with figurung out what i need to start racing because i have been going to the el cajon mx track on my quad and i am super seriouse about racing and i need help on what i need to upgrade on my bike. on my quad right now i have air scoops, nerf bars, kill switch and handle bars and a silencer but i need to know what else i need to accually start racing to full potintial i can i have been riding since i was 2 and now all i need is help with making my bike race ready
all sugestions welcom :confused:

geogeorge
11-16-2004, 04:45 PM
shocks.

geogeorge
11-16-2004, 05:09 PM
Ok. I'm not much for mx. but just get yourself some good shocks and go out and have fun. see how you do and what the other guys have done. look at what seems to work on the bikes like yours. and talk with the other races. To try and set up a qaud to work its best and you have never raced before is hard. You have a good start. kill switch, nerfs, pipe, now get some good shocks and tires and see what you think, look at what you see, and talk with the other racers. Then spend your money wisely and not just on what ever.

WhiteZee
11-16-2004, 06:21 PM
in your case, a good set of mx tires would help you out more then anything, that and practice. i would go with some holeshot mxr4's.

kyex40047
11-16-2004, 07:41 PM
If you are serious about racing and you have the money, get some +3 a arms, and shocks that are ment for those a arms, they don't have to be long travle, also a good +4 axle is needed. Like whitezee said, get some mx tires 18 in. rears and 19's or 20's up front, it does not mater which kind you get. Maybe try the mxr's but if I was to get some, I would give the kendas a try. Also if you do get shocks, i would just do a rebuild of your stock back shock, maybe turn it into a SSD. The main thig you want to do in motorcross is to have your bike sit low, i think around 6-7 inches off the ground from the bottom of the frame, and also to have it sit wide so you can slide around corners better. One last thing is to practice and to have rythem.