PDA

View Full Version : 400EX Dual Exhaust

MadMax27
11-16-2004, 04:13 PM
No, not the Looney Tuned Exhaust. Ive built many car and truck systems, but I wanna try my 4-Hundy. Ill be utilizing 2 stock cans, spark arrestor cut-out. Any thoughts on jetting woes I may face? Ill keep my stock system, if my Hack-job fails miserably. I cant justify $685 on an ATV exhaust kit, when Ive built or installed race systems for drag cars that cost half that price. Anybody else tried it? Ill have to make an air box as well, to hold batt-electrics.

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Juggalo
11-16-2004, 06:07 PM
your going to have to build an airbox that holds your battery. your also going to have to get tubing bent up to fit the other side which shouldnt be too hard since you build car systems. but the extra cost from the looney system comes from the nice polished aluminum airbox they give you with it as well as a couple other goodies

atvracr350
11-16-2004, 06:08 PM
I say go for it man. I love when people build things for half the price something similar is going for and it works just as good or better so when you get it built maybe post some pictures. As far as the jetting goes im sure you will be able to figure it out without to much trouble. Hope it works out man.

MadMax27
11-16-2004, 06:37 PM
Well, in the trades, Im what they call a "Junkyard Welder". Meaning I can weld, but Im not certified. I can get materials through my company, like Diamond plate for my airbox. Im definetly goin for it, itll just take time. Ill post pics as it progresses. I work with 2 certified welders, 1 will make me a new bumper whenever I give him a design. So, if Im stuck Ill call him up..:D I hope to mirror the stock header bend. We'll see eh?