PDA

View Full Version : I just got chased.....And won!

gate_keeper_32
11-16-2004, 03:14 PM
Unbelievable! I took the Z out for a ride to see if it steered straight because I just got done doing a front end alignment on it. Well, on my way back to the house, there was a jeep in front of me that stopped right in the middle of the road and then turned left into a driveway.(without a turn signal I might add). If I wouldnt have been paying attention, or if I were driving like an idiot, I would have hit him right in the *****. Thank god I was only doing about 25 mph. Anyhow, I steered around him and just missed his bumper by about a foot and I looked back and he was coming for me, I could see his headlights bouncing as he shifted gears. I was going to stop and explain to him that I wasnt just some kid that was scared and that if he had used his turn signal to begin with, there wouldnt have been any problem. Well, I thought I'd give him a little run so I downshifted twice and gave her all she had and after about 1/2 mile, I looked back and he was nowhere to be seen so I backed off a little. I took a second look back and there he was again, he caught up to me. So I gave it hell again and just simply left him in the dust. He couldnt even come close to me around the turns. I drove all back roads for about 3-4 miles until I came back to my house and pulled in the garage and shut the door. Within about 3 minutes, he blew past my house apparently still thinking he had a chance, but he was wrong. It might have been the childish thing to do but dang it was fun!!!:D

I must say, that Z400 runs good!!!!

FasstMidnightZ
11-16-2004, 03:17 PM
damn how fast can ur z go if he cant keep up with u , but i could see that u can go alot faster than he can around corners and stuff so that makes up for it :eek2:

wilkin250r
11-16-2004, 03:21 PM
Its not so much about top speed, it has more to do with terrain and suspension. I know of several knarly, bumpy, twisty roads that you can't go more than 20mph in a car, but a quad can go pinned in 4th gear about 40mph. Doesn't take too long to leave a car in the dust.

YFZ450Ridr
11-16-2004, 03:23 PM
is urs bone stock or is it modded? either way thats awesome lol:blah:

Cody_300ex
11-16-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Its not so much about top speed, it has more to do with terrain and suspension. I know of several knarly, bumpy, twisty roads that you can't go more than 20mph in a car, but a quad can go pinned in 4th gear about 40mph. Doesn't take too long to leave a car in the dust.

Thats how all the roads around my next of the woods are. But I'll keep those storys to the IMs. lol :p

theTman
11-16-2004, 03:30 PM
lol thats funny....maybe it was an offduty cop:eek:

TheFontMaster
11-16-2004, 03:42 PM
Mabey it was DEC. The DEC around here drive jeeps. A quad can easily out handle those trucks, not that I would know anything about that:rolleyes:

Bush0102
11-16-2004, 04:13 PM
what is the DEC?

Scott-300ex
11-16-2004, 04:16 PM
good thing you didn't run out of gas

gate_keeper_32
11-16-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
good thing you didn't run out of gas

LOL...Ha Ha Ha..Funny you should mention that because that was what I thought of the whole time. But I had a full tank..

And yes, the road was twisty and winding and I know it fairly well, so he didnt stand a chance.

My Z is completely stock and it still surprised me at how it performed. It is just as fast, if not faster than my 400ex was that was modified with a Pro Circuit T-4, K&N, and a jet kit. I am very happy with it, especially after tonight.:devil:

awsomeaussies
11-16-2004, 04:38 PM
He'll probably find out where you live sooner or later.:eek2:

TheFontMaster
11-16-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Bush0102
what is the DEC?

Department of Environmental Conservation.

Around here they have more athority than cops in many cases. And if you are riding on state land they can inpound your quad or bike.

chucked
11-16-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
Department of Environmental Conservation.

Around here they have more athority than cops in many cases. And if you are riding on state land they can inpound your quad or bike.
they are called DNR here, Dept of Natural Recources, been chased by them, theyre not to smart....

Ericthered rdr
11-16-2004, 05:36 PM
That realy gets the blood flowing:devil:
I got chased by a cop in April and it took an hour or two for me to calm down:macho BTW I dusted his ***:blah: :devil: :macho

400ex28
11-16-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by chucked
they are called DNR here, Dept of Natural Recources, been chased by them, theyre not to smart....

Ditto :o

TheFontMaster
11-16-2004, 05:38 PM
The DEC here or atleast the one I had a run-in with was pritty persistent. But trails that are just wide enough for a 300ex are too much for a jeep to handle.:D

ny300exrider
11-16-2004, 06:08 PM
yep got dec on long island. ive known to be cool to the town police, not run from them if they see me, but if you see a dec you need to get out of there quick because they have no remorse and dont care who you are, your quad is gone

TheFontMaster
11-16-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by ny300exrider
yep got dec on long island. ive known to be cool to the town police, not run from them if they see me, but if you see a dec you need to get out of there quick because they have no remorse and dont care who you are, your quad is gone

I couldn't have said it better myself. Cops are fine here too.

Mxjunkie
11-16-2004, 06:15 PM
when my friend had to go home on his 450r, we followed him in a blazer, we came to a backroad, we were going 65 mph and he was so far ahead of us, he had to stop and wait for us, this was a stock 450r with 18 inch tires too!

Cody_300ex
11-16-2004, 06:21 PM

Yea im not sure what there called here, but we just call them game wardens. And yes, in most situations they have more athority than your everyday cop. But see my dad and I know all of them that roam around here, so im cool w/ them. :D

TheFontMaster
11-16-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
Yea im not sure what there called here, but we just call them game wardens. And yes, in most situations they have more athority than your everyday cop. But see my dad and I know all of them that roam around here, so im cool w/ them. :D

I hope you knoe just how lucky you are.

Cody_300ex
11-16-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
I hope you knoe just how lucky you are.

Oh I know, lol. They all ride quads, and my dad is a big time guide for outdoor hunts, i.e duck, goose, elk, deer, ect. He was even on the outdoor network last year! :D

chucked
11-16-2004, 06:46 PM
My buddies father is a police officer for the county I live in, he trains other officers to use their guns better. He just bought a ute last week, he wants me to take him out riding, I said, "you know its not legal" he said "so what?"

MadMax27
11-16-2004, 06:54 PM
So YOUR that kid I was chasing!!!!!!!1 lol.

I am very polite to our local law enforcement, especially since my old highschool got shot up last year, while my brother was in their. I make sure they now that I respect them, and they never bother me.

DEC........... I roost then run............

gate_keeper_32
11-16-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by MadMax27
So YOUR that kid I was chasing!!!!!!!1 lol.

I am very polite to our local law enforcement, especially since my old highschool got shot up last year, while my brother was in their. I make sure they now that I respect them, and they never bother me.

DEC........... I roost then run............

You came a long way to chace me in Maryland:)

BTW, I am 33 so I am not a kid......BUT I CAN SURE ACT LIKE ONE...:D :D :devil:

chucked
11-16-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by gate_keeper_32
You came a long way to chace me in Maryland:)

BTW, I am 33 so I am not a kid......BUT I CAN SURE ACT LIKE ONE...:D :D :devil:

hey where are you at in MD?

gate_keeper_32
11-16-2004, 07:40 PM
hey where are you at in MD?

Cecil county....I think we already talked about this in the "where to ride" forum didnt we? At least I thought we did.....Who knows...Anyhow, I am 1 mile from I-95.....exit 93, Perryville.

chucked
11-16-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by gate_keeper_32
Cecil county....I think we already talked about this in the "where to ride" forum didnt we? At least I thought we did.....Who knows...Anyhow, I am 1 mile from I-95.....exit 93, Perryville.

I must have skipped that post. Wow your very close to where the guys lives that I bought my quad from.

Ericthered rdr
11-16-2004, 07:48 PM
Are you off during the week? I live on the other side of the river in Harford co. We could hook up and ride somewhere.

chucked
11-16-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Ericthered rdr
Are you off during the week? I live on the other side of the river in Harford co. We could hook up and ride somewhere.

im about 20-30 mins away from yall, when my bike is fixed I will join you. You guys should come down here over the winter, cops dont bother us when its cold :devil:

theTman
11-16-2004, 07:50 PM
my dads a cop:ermm:

chucked
11-16-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by theTman

so? u want another cookie?

theTman
11-16-2004, 07:53 PM
so? u want another cookie?

no....i never got offered a cookie in the 1st place..so why would i want another one?

chucked
11-16-2004, 07:54 PM
no....i never got offered a cookie in the 1st place..so why would i want another one?

uve never had cookies before? man ur missin out

theTman
11-16-2004, 07:58 PM
uve never had cookies before? man ur missin out

i know...i want some but idk where to buy em... think ebay will have any?

chucked
11-16-2004, 08:00 PM
i know...i want some but idk where to buy em... think ebay will have any?
prolly, ebay has everything.

kostelini18
11-16-2004, 08:57 PM
how did you know it wasnt a deranged phsyco and if he stopped you he would pull out a gun and kill you...

chucked
11-16-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by kostelini18
how did you know it wasnt a deranged phsyco and if he stopped you he would pull out a gun and kill you...

Thats why he ran!

bansheeguy77
11-16-2004, 09:52 PM

i will be a cop in a few years...cant wait to start chasing ppl on quads then if i catch them be like hey nice quad...learn to ride better:blah:

btw nice kill its always fun to outrun retards who try to chase ya...just hope they dont find out who ya are. some dude called the cops on me a few years back after he chased me....

bansheeguy77
11-16-2004, 09:52 PM

i will be a cop in a few years...cant wait to start chasing ppl on quads then if i catch them be like hey nice quad...learn to ride better:blah:

btw nice kill its always fun to outrun retards who try to chase ya...just hope they dont find out who ya are. some dude called the cops on me a few years back after he chased me....

phatswinn
11-17-2004, 08:30 AM
our cops are half and half, some just look ur bike over and tell you to keep it down for allitle while, and other give ya tickets