PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing a TRX 450R Next Week. Should I buy Extended Warranty?

lacofdfireman
11-16-2004, 10:48 AM
Purchasing a TRX 450R Next Week. Should I buy the Extended Warranty? After reading alot of posts on here and hearing of problems I am thinking it may not be a bad Idea. Anybody have opinions on this. I have really struggled with my decision weather or not to get the YFZ or the "R". But my riding style (Mostly desert trails and Dunes) and my size 6'4 240lbs brings me to the "R". Besides I have always been a Honda guy. Also should I get the Honda Hop up kit they are selling for $250 extra? Or should I just buy a pipe? I think the hop up is a different cam and also jet kit and Pipe end cap or something like that? Also would you recommend regearing right off the get go. I hear the Honda has a real tall 1st gear and I want my wife to be able to ride it also. Please give me your input fast before I pick it up. Thanks

Also any recommendations to make this quad more Tall guy friendly such as Steering stem, Bars, Bar riser, Lower pegs etc. Looking for company names and prices if you have them.

http://www.bytephoto.com/photopost/data/500/17352.jpg

dodgeram
11-16-2004, 11:11 AM
I had bought the extended warrenty then changed my mind, if you do regular maintance on the bike and take care of it, more than likely nothing will break, and if it does it will be a normal wear and tear item. I chose to spend the 500 on a pipe and cam instead.

Wayne64SS
11-16-2004, 11:14 AM
yes buy the Factory offered HRC kit then go right out and buy a HMF fullsystem and you wont be able to hang on to the bars ... i love mine :)

kazpr
11-16-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Wayne64SS
yes buy the Factory offered HRC kit then go right out and buy a HMF fullsystem and you wont be able to hang on to the bars ... i love mine :)
Lol sounds pretty true.

markk
11-16-2004, 01:51 PM
NO

WhiteZee
11-16-2004, 05:09 PM
i wouldnt waste any money on an extended warrenty, if you check into the threads were people are having problems, they are on bikes with about 10 hours so on on them. if somethings going to break, it will be well within the normal warrenty time period. i know a guy on www.trx450r.org whose motor had a problem after the warrenty ran out, and honda fixed it for free.....this is what kind of company honda is.

jeepnrocks
11-16-2004, 05:31 PM
i feel a little differently. at say 400 bucks for the warranty thats about 100 bucks a year for a little added piece of mind

SCOTTS450R
11-16-2004, 05:42 PM
YES- I agree with Jeepnrocks. You're going to have about 7000 into your bike after mods I'm guessing so why not? You do not have to pay the full asking price for what they are selling the insurance for. They can offer you the same insurance for a lower price. You can ask for a lower price. Use it as buying power to get an awesome machine and have peace of mind "IF" anything should go wrong. Just my .02!!

Tumbleweed
11-16-2004, 07:49 PM
I just sent you a PM...read before you buy a warranty!