PDA

View Full Version : whats the best way to ship tires?

zzbudzz
11-16-2004, 09:12 AM
whats the best way to get tires ready to ship them? wrap them up or get a box for them? ?

EXDUNER127
11-16-2004, 09:20 AM
I normaly boxed them , but when you order new ones from rocky mountain or other places, they put a sheet of cardboard over wheels stacked together and just wrap them tight with tape or plastic wrap with the tires exposed and they always get there fine?

QuadJunkies
11-16-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by zzbudzz
whats the best way to get tires ready to ship them? wrap them up or get a box for them? ? Ivwanna say that the last time I asked UPS which was better, they told me that boxing them is best. I think they were gonna charge me 5.00 more per tire to Wrap them in plastic(shrink wrap_)

maggiesboy
11-16-2004, 09:22 AM
UPS uses anything that is not boxed as an unusaul package and charges extra for it.

angry dad
11-16-2004, 09:48 AM
ups lost a tire that i bought. only one arrived in torn up shrink wrap!:grr:

Silverfox@C&DRacing
11-16-2004, 11:56 AM
we ship both ways if its a front and rear set we like to band them together but we do get charged the non machinable product an extra $5 but sometimes you have to be careful using a box because the dimensions of the box could put the product in an oversize status which could end up costing more

Quad18star
11-16-2004, 12:02 PM
At work , we shrink wrap them for shipping . I'd imagine , that a box is alot easier to fall apart and lose its contents than it is with shrink wrap.