PDA

View Full Version : Who Rides Cannondale?

represent618
11-16-2004, 07:00 AM
Do any of you ride Cannondale Quads? Just Curious if anyone has had the opportunity to feel the awsome performance of a Cannondale. I have an 03 Cannibal, which is almost a Moto, minus some good front shocks: I love the bike and was just wondering what you all thought of them?

03 cannondale 440
laeger a arms +2+1
dura blue chrome axle +2+2
graydon nerfs
ac front bumper
red lables all around
18" Turf tamers on back
20" Maxxis Razr mx on front
race cut plastics
tag bars
prodesign kill
galfer lines
updates done
mapped to moto mapping, 11,800 RPM

http://www.freepichosting.com/Thumbs/421561864/0/1.jpg http://www.freepichosting.com/Thumbs/421561864/1/1.jpg

TheJaspMan
11-16-2004, 07:27 AM
That is a nice looking cannondale. My wife and I both have Cannibals. Hers has a Moto map(set up for MX) and mine a blaze/speed(set up for XC). If you race MX, come down to Maysville, KY and check out the indoor track here. www.earlywineracing.com or pics of the track at www.infernomxracing.com

2000ex
11-16-2004, 09:03 AM
Just recently upgraded from my 416ex to a Cannibal with +2'S, Elka's all around and an HMF full pipe and needless to say I am very impressed. I have the D&M kit and need to do some additional playing around with the different maps to see which one suits my riding style in various situations.

Treat it like a Ferrari or a fine bottle of wine :D

Bush0102
11-16-2004, 09:20 AM
I had a 2002 Speed. It was the biggest piece of junk i've ever owned. It was really unreliable and rarely ran right if at all. It stalled out randomly all the time.

I sold it in march.

I guess i just got a bad one, everyone else seems to love theirs.

represent618
11-16-2004, 09:22 AM
cool, glad to hear positive feed on the dales, they are very wicked bikes, unlike anything else no doubt, 2000ex, are you running 16" elkas or LT setup? just curious.

and i have heard nightmare stories about some lemon cannondales, it depends on the month it was built believe it or not, because in the last few months of business cannondale made some last efforts like hiring sweat shop laborers for 5 bucks an hour to assemble the bikes on the line, needless to say they were put together missing bolts, loose internals in the engine, etc.

FourFiftyFour
11-16-2004, 09:42 AM
ive owned my dale for over a yr and a half now

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/MotoXQuadChick/DSC00161.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/MotoXQuadChick/DSC00160.jpg

represent618
11-16-2004, 09:49 AM
and you are a hot chick too.......

2000ex
11-16-2004, 09:50 AM
cool, glad to hear positive feed on the dales, they are very wicked bikes, unlike anything else no doubt, 2000ex, are you running 16" elkas or LT setup? just curious.

They are triple rate piggybacks SSD 16 inch shocks. I just got the bike a few weeks ago and have not had a great deal of seat time, but they are superior to the works I was running on my 416

TheJaspMan
11-16-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Bush0102
I had a 2002 Speed. It was the biggest piece of junk i've ever owned. It was really unreliable and rarely ran right if at all. It stalled out randomly all the time.

I sold it in march.

It sounds like it needed to have the ECU recalibrated. If it ran, then it could have been fixed. Sorry to hear you had so many problems.

Bush0102
11-16-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by TheJaspMan
It sounds like it needed to have the ECU recalibrated. If it ran, then it could have been fixed. Sorry to hear you had so many problems.

i wasnt willing to spend a lot of money on it, especially for repairs. plus i dont have a local dealer- i tried to trade it towards a yfz but nobody would take it.:(

250x#93
11-16-2004, 11:14 AM

I sold it in march.

I know a guy that had a cdale that stalled out randomly too.........I remember one day he was bout 3/4 up a nice hill climb........Man was he PISSSSSED off

I think he did get his fixed though cuz man does it run the last time i saw it....I took a tour of the cdale bicycle factory which was really cool but my teacher for tech couldn't set up a tour for the quads and bikes :(

TheJaspMan
11-16-2004, 11:16 AM
i wasnt willing to spend a lot of money on it, especially for repairs. plus i dont have a local dealer- i tried to trade it towards a yfz but nobody would take it.:(

I'll bet it wouldn't have cost a dime to fix it. It's too bad that you already got rid of it. I can think of a couple poeple who could have assisted down in that area.

Trading for a YFZ is about impossible unless you find one that has been beat on. It doesn't help that their resale value is low. But when they run right they have incredible response and power.

Bush0102
11-16-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by 250x#93
I know a guy that had a cdale that stalled out randomly too.........I remember one day he was bout 3/4 up a nice hill climb........Man was he PISSSSSED off

yeah, my girlfriend was riding it once when it stalled and an idiot on a CR125 hit her at about 30. It was his fault, there were 20 feet on each side of her to pass and he just wasnt paying attention and plowed her. He got his *** knocked out though, it was actually kinda funny. Bent grab bar and a broken tail light for the dale, bent front rim for the CR:eek2:

TheJaspMan
11-16-2004, 11:25 AM
They are really not that touchy once you get them calibrated. A lot of things can affect the way they run. And it takes about 10 mins to fix them. Some people just like to throw a K&N or exhaust on run them. But the settings for the TPS and injection system has to be adjusted or it will act really funky.

represent618
11-16-2004, 11:45 AM
exactly, i have allready learned that they are sensitive, having an ecm on-board like a car you have to remember that you cannot simply throw parts on them and expect immediate performance, the cannondale takes a little more patientce and time, but well worth it if you ask me. i wouldnt trade mine for nothing, except another dale.

TheJaspMan
11-16-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by represent618
exactly, i have allready learned that they are sensitive, having an ecm on-board like a car you have to remember that you cannot simply throw parts on them and expect immediate performance, the cannondale takes a little more patientce and time, but well worth it if you ask me. i wouldnt trade mine for nothing, except another dale.

A lot of people forget that these machines were built as performance devices and not mass production items. They can be finiky and quirky. But when running right, they can really be fun to ride. And if they last 100 race hours they have really done their job.

I will agree that they (have not seemed) to last as long as Yamis, Hondas or Zukis. But they ride better and have the ability to perform just as well if not better.

They were no doubt before there time. And anyone riding a YFZ or 450r can thank Cannondale for what they forced the other R&D departments to start doing. The 400ex and Z400 would still be on top if the big 3 hadn't gotten nervous from what Cannondale was sending out. They have been out of business for nearly two years now and can still be competative in a market flooded with YFZs and TRXs.

represent618
11-16-2004, 12:05 PM
THE 05 TRX AND YFZ IS STILL AN ATTEMPT AT TRYING TO CATCH UP TO THE 02-03 CANNONDALE MOTO, AND IT THEY ARE STILL BEHIND IF YOU ASK ME.

cdalejef
11-16-2004, 12:06 PM
I kinda like the Cdales! :devil:

TheJaspMan
11-16-2004, 12:12 PM
THE 05 TRX AND YFZ IS STILL AN ATTEMPT AT TRYING TO CATCH UP TO THE 02-03 CANNONDALE MOTO, AND IT THEY ARE STILL BEHIND IF YOU ASK ME.

I am a huge Cdale fan. I love the ones we have. And plan on getting a couple more real soon.

But there is no denying that the YFZ and 450r are they new kings of the hill. They are finding ways to squeeze all they can out of them things.

With that said, I think that Suzuki will step up and put out another terrific machine next year. Then we will go into another 4-5 year lull of the same ol things. If not longer.

represent618
11-16-2004, 12:23 PM
i agree with you jaspman, kaxi/suzuki will put out a 450, update it a couple years, honda and yamaha will hit back with some r&d on their bikes, then by 2007 it will be the same old bikes for a few years, until someone steps it up and makes something for everyone else to chase.

TheJaspMan
11-16-2004, 12:54 PM
It sucks too. I'll bet no one steps up for a loooong time.

The market will get flooded with a bunch of newbie foregin companies. They will produce junk. It might be quick and look OK, but in the end it will all be cheap junk. ATK will come out with somthing, but it will simply be a niche in the market.

Plastic will change. Colors will change. And maybe a few cosmetic items from year to year. But I really don't see any new sport quads being put out for another 10 years. At least not in the 450 and lower range. There are already too many to choose from.

Performace is key, but what I really want to see is safety in mind. Send machines out the door with kill switches, nerfs and dampners. Oh wait, I just described a Cannondale. :grr:

YamaWarr0121
11-16-2004, 01:03 PM
i got a pretty nice one..

:cool:

jvd182
11-16-2004, 01:17 PM
i wish they would still make them.. is atk going to pu out a 400?

jesshamner
11-16-2004, 01:42 PM
www.atkusa.com

TheJaspMan
11-16-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by jvd182
i wish they would still make them.. is atk going to pu out a 400?

No one is really going to know until they acutally say something. But even if they do, it will be a small market machine. Handmade and all American. Everything else is mass produced.

acold7dusta
11-16-2004, 02:52 PM
Do any of you ride Cannondale Quads? Just Curious if anyone has had the opportunity to feel the awsome performance of a Cannondale. I have an 03 Cannibal, which is almost a Moto, minus some good front shocks: I love the bike and was just wondering what you all thought of them?

03 cannondale 440
laeger a arms +2+1
dura blue chrome axle +2+2
graydon nerfs
ac front bumper
red lables all around
18" Turf tamers on back
20" Maxxis Razr mx on front
race cut plastics
tag bars
prodesign kill
galfer lines
updates done
mapped to moto mapping, 11,800 RPM

http://www.freepichosting.com/Thumbs/421561864/0/1.jpg http://www.freepichosting.com/Thumbs/421561864/1/1.jpg

ur on dirttrails.com too, right

cdalejef
11-16-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by jvd182
i wish they would still make them.. is atk going to pu out a 400? Why would you want a 400 when they already have a 450?

Cody_300ex
11-16-2004, 04:11 PM
I wish I had the money to get me a cannondale! Maybe santa claus will bring me one, lol. I was gunna part out my 300 for one but i wasnt going to be able to race so I stuck with the 300.

represent618
11-17-2004, 05:32 AM
acold7dusta, yeah i get on the dirttrails.com, but is is really, really laim though, it is almost amusing lol,

i hope atk puts some time into making the same great cannondale bad-boys, they will sell, no doubt.