PDA

View Full Version : has anyone had wheels straightened?

Destructo
11-15-2004, 08:44 PM
One of my front rims, or maybe even hub is bent, but I think its the wheel.

Is it even feesible to have this done or should I just go with some new wheels? I have ITP rear wheels and their banged up pretty good and I had to hammer part of the rim back into shape because the bead was leaking, I don't ride in the rocks but the previous owner obviously did.

Scro
11-15-2004, 10:03 PM
i would guess that no matter how hard you try to straighten the rim out..it will still have a little wobble...maybe there is somekind of machine that could help you out.

fastkid400
11-16-2004, 10:14 AM
i couldnt straighten mine out so i bought some new rims, Its very hard to do straighten them out, u prolly could do it with a machine press, but not sure, id say just get new rims

Dust_1503
11-16-2004, 01:56 PM
If it isn't bad they can fix em i had one of my .190's bend and they made it look like a new one. If you get em bad then you just have to get a new one.

Destructo
11-17-2004, 08:10 PM
one of my fronts is whats bent, their stock also, the rears are ITPs, some of the lip was bent and I just bent it back with a hammer, the rears seem to be fine other than the lips being damaged from rocks some. The right front though is bent enough that it wobbles and causes a little front end shake. Maybe i'll just pick up a set of aftermarket fronts.