PDA

View Full Version : HMF, LRD, Big Gun, or Yoshi?

400exracer511
11-15-2004, 08:14 PM
i am lookin for a complete exhaust for my 416...
which one is best, and if their all similar in power, which one has the best sound?

wheeltrax
11-15-2004, 08:25 PM
I just bought a HMF full system. I love it. It has a strong thumper sound, and its built well. The power increase was noticeable over the stock headpipe with IDS2 silencer. My vote goes to HMF. Plus they have awesome customer service..

ny300exrider
11-15-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by wheeltrax
I just bought a HMF full system. I love it. It has a strong thumper sound, and its built well. The power increase was noticeable over the stock headpipe with IDS2 silencer. My vote goes to HMF. Plus they have awesome customer service..
yes i totally agree. i love my hmf..awosme power, great sound and looks great too. for me itd be between the hmf or lrd

Bush0102
11-15-2004, 09:31 PM
I have the HMF slip on. While there may be a few pipes that give maybe .5 more hp at 9,000 rpm, the HMF is still 40-100 bucks cheaper than the nearest competitor. You can even get it powdercoated or polished in a custom color if you want to and you will still be saving money...

my question is why arent the other manufacturers out of business yet?

get the hmf. you'll be really happy.

Hillshooter
11-16-2004, 10:40 AM
I love My Sparks system. It puts power everywhere. And at full throttle it sounds like a B-17 bomber coming in for a landing. Its the best system I've ever used. I never ran an HMF exhaust but I've heard nothing but good things about them, especially the Bill Balance system.

cals400ex
11-16-2004, 11:11 AM
i have a sparks and my buddy has a full hmf. i have had mine since before i put on engine mods. my buddy just put the hmf on after he added engine mods. it made a huge difference on his bike. i can't tell you on mine because my pipe was on before i did the motor work. my bike still does eat his pretty easily but i have a bit more motor than him too. i wouldn't hesitate for either sparks or hmf. i hear the lrd is just as good. i don't think it will rev quite as high as the sparks x-6. i wouldn't even totally eliminate the sparks x-4. my buddy has this pipe on his 416 and it does produce good power. i would get any of these before i got the yosh. just my opinion though.

300ex-boy
11-16-2004, 05:36 PM
OUT OF ALL OF THOSE, I WOULD CHOOSE NONE!!! GO WITH SPARKS!

300ex-boy
11-16-2004, 05:36 PM
OUT OF ALL OF THOSE, I WOULD CHOOSE NONE!!! GO WITH SPARKS!

speedracer400
11-16-2004, 05:54 PM
I've heard nothing but good things about hmf buddy of mine has one on raptor :devil: my local shop reccomended so i did some research and out of all the companies i caled/email hmf produced the most usable torque:confused: no such thing as to much torque. TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT iM GETEN ONE FOR 01 400

atvracr350
11-16-2004, 06:00 PM
HMF is a well made pipe and you will not regret getting it but i will say that sparks has put in a lot of time developing there exhaust and it is by far one of the most power producing exhaust and is very well made and wouldn't give you trouble at all. The ceramic coating they now come with resists rusting, and color changes also. So either pipe would be great but i have to give the edge to Sparks. They make a great pipe that a lot of the pro racers use.

markk
11-16-2004, 06:51 PM
HMF or LRD, BOTH ARE WONDERFUL PIPES!!!!!!

ex101
11-16-2004, 08:30 PM
I have a full Lrd system and noticed a definate gain over stock header and white bro's slip on.The Yoshi,from what I hear is a good set-up also.:cool:

LazeR
11-16-2004, 08:59 PM
I'll jump on the HMF Bandwagon! I love mine, even though its just a slip-on, it made a pretty big difference, i am very happy with it!