PDA

View Full Version : wiesco 11:1

Joecool1264
11-15-2004, 06:48 PM
I'm going to put a cam and piston in my 400ex. It's been ported, polished, with a full yoshimira system. Also a Uni w/o an air box lid. 14/ 38 gears. I was thimking about a stage 2 hot cam, and a 11:1 wiesco. I race XC and make a few GNCC's. Anyone?

mojoe2878
11-15-2004, 07:21 PM
sounds good to me. some people on here dont like wiseco, but ive been using their pistons in all my stuff for a long time and have never had any issues with them. you may want to go with no base gasket and just put a thin layer of honda bond on there instead so you will actually get closer to the advertised 11:1 compression ratio. just be sure to put only a thin layer on and dont plug the oil passage up. i personally wouldnt go past the 11:1 or you will loss more reliabilty. it would be good to go with a flex steel head gasket to, like the cosmetic one. get it jetted right for all that and it should rip pretty good.

Joecool1264
11-16-2004, 05:34 PM
Thanks Mo. I'm still thimking about wiesco or JE. May have to flip a coin LOL.

speedracer400
11-16-2004, 06:00 PM
YOUR PLAN SOUNDS VERY SIMILAR TO MINE ONLY HMF FULL SYSTEM INSTED MY LOCAL SHOP DIDNT RECOMEND STG2 FOR XC/GNCC THEY SAID ITS BETTERfor dune/mx where topend is more important.

hell i dont know they could be wrong set me straight if i am
400exs never die

Cole Trane
11-16-2004, 06:04 PM
I'm doing around the same setup, just gotta get the motor out and to the shop! Can't wait, my chit is slow right now.

torqen2k1
11-16-2004, 08:14 PM
Go for it I just got my motor built with a Weisco 11:1 a stg 2 cam and ported polished head a 3angle valve job.open air box and a 38mm carb. trust me i was in the same position you were to. I love trail ridin and i have awsome bottom end power/torqe. i would recommend the cosmetic gaskets I have them and its good stuff. and ye its a 426 runin on pure racin gas.

honda_runner
11-16-2004, 09:49 PM
torken2k1 sounds like blah blah blah my blah blah and blauh. Dude stop sounding like you know everything, this kid has a hillbilly quad that has spacers.

myk_ex
11-16-2004, 09:50 PM
I've had my weisco 11:1 in for about 6 months now. I would rather had gone with a JE, but the weisco was easily available when I decided to buy. But still, not a single complaint here.

torqen2k1
11-16-2004, 09:55 PM
Your just jealous cause my quad is way fatter then yours. Hey at least ill blow past you in 5th gear while your blasting thrue all your gears tryin to even keep up with me. hey just cause I have weel spacers doesnt mean im a hill billy. You now your just jealous cause I got my frame powder coated and my motor is frashly built by Mienos Racing.

Destructo
11-16-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by torqen2k1
Your just jealous cause my quad is way fatter then yours. Hey at least ill blow past you in 5th gear while your blasting thrue all your gears tryin to even keep up with me. hey just cause I have weel spacers doesnt mean im a hill billy. You now your just jealous cause I got my frame powder coated and my motor is frashly built by Mienos Racing.

I would much rather brag about building my own quad than braggin about somebody elses work who you paid a fortune to :rolleyes:

Joecool1264
11-17-2004, 07:22 AM
A friend told me the JE is a beefer built piston. especially around the skirt. Also anyone know the difference between cast and forged pistons? Later Joe

mojoe2878
11-17-2004, 07:30 AM
cast pistons are ok for stock motors, they are the weakest of the bunch.
forged are stronger and highly recommended with added power and compression.
DO NOT get a cast piston with the mod's you are going with or you will run a high risk of it breaking very quickly.

Joecool1264
11-20-2004, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the input. See you at the races! later Joe #555 OCCRA.

AdvantageCycle
11-20-2004, 07:19 PM
JE makes a good piston, but there more of a design/sublet company than a front end manufacturer like wiseco......my suggestion, use the wiseco 11:1 and stage 1 unless your top 5 in the pro class, thats where the stg 2 comes in, to see the benefits of the stg 2 you need to consistantly keep the RPM's at aound 2/3-7/8 throttle, which is rare on XC tracks. Call anytime for a price quote on these components.

hondardr4life
11-20-2004, 07:35 PM
That sounds like it will do good on your quad, I am going to put in a wiseco 11.1 piston and stage 1 web cam at christmas time. Hope it works out for you, and liek they said, I wouldnt reccomend a stage 2 cam.

wheeltrax
11-20-2004, 08:12 PM
I have a stage 2 w/ 11:1 wiseco in my 440. I dont notice any problem with the stage 2. I notice that the top end does have more power to it, but i still have a LOAD of torque from low end as well. Either the stage one or stage 2 will work in my opinion. I have not used one with a stage one, so therefor my opinion would be biased with the stage 2. I love my set up right now. I would like to get a fcr 39 next, and then id be set.

sparks400
11-20-2004, 11:39 PM
im happy with my wiseco 11:1 no complaints, ive had one in he 400 and blatser no problems, i was in the same pos. as u , good luck

honda_runner
11-21-2004, 09:10 PM
Destructo Said

"I would much rather brag about building my own quad than braggin about somebody elses work who you paid a fortune to"

Yeah torken2k1 is afraid to even was scared to pop him head off to see if there was any dirt in his motor after his filter fell off, and dirt got into the motor. Anyway, he assumed that the piston, cam, valves and valves seels were bad so he replaced all that stuff on a motor that was fine with 35hrs on it.

That sounds retarded to me
:devil:

torqen2k1
11-23-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by honda_runner
Destructo Said

"I would much rather brag about building my own quad than braggin about somebody elses work who you paid a fortune to"

Yeah torken2k1 is afraid to even was scared to pop him head off to see if there was any dirt in his motor after his filter fell off, and dirt got into the motor. Anyway, he assumed that the piston, cam, valves and valves seels were bad so he replaced all that stuff on a motor that was fine with 35hrs on it.

That sounds retarded to me
:devil:

You dont even now what your talkin about. I only replaced the valve seals. You stupid ***** retard. hey I did build my quad. I stripped it to a bare frame and had it powder coated and put it back together and now its up and runnin.

honda_runner
11-23-2004, 09:51 PM
Haha sure

honda_runner
11-23-2004, 09:52 PM
still racing me with the posts, i'm not a nerd that sits on the computer like you.

yellowrider
11-24-2004, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by speedracer400
YOUR PLAN SOUNDS VERY SIMILAR TO MINE ONLY HMF FULL SYSTEM INSTED MY LOCAL SHOP DIDNT RECOMEND STG2 FOR XC/GNCC THEY SAID ITS BETTERfor dune/mx where topend is more important.

hell i dont know they could be wrong set me straight if i am
400exs never die

lol for mx you want a lot of mid to top .. that shop got their facts all messed up:confused: