PDA

View Full Version : cdi with no rev limiter??

YZ400EX
11-15-2004, 02:47 PM
Does anyone know where I can get a CDI with no limiter? If so let me know..Thanks

Chef
11-15-2004, 02:48 PM
If the sparks has a rev limiter I havent found it yet...its a damn lot higher than 10k I'm sure.

cals400ex
11-15-2004, 04:32 PM
yes, the sparks box has one. my buddy and have both found it. :eek:

i haven't nailed my rev limiter on my gt thunder box yet. i wouldn't really recommend the sparks box. it makes the bike hard to start in cold weather. i think you may be able to just remove the limiter on the stock box.

YZ400EX
11-15-2004, 05:13 PM
Well I already have an aftermarket box on mine, but I dont know what kind..I think it is WB..Every since I switched pipes from Big Gun to HMF I keep hitting the limiter for some reason..It doesnt seem like it is reving anymore than it did, but it must be getting there faster..So should I go with the GT thunder??

Big - D Racing
11-16-2004, 01:31 AM
Four Stroke Tech takes your stock box and removes the limiter that way they don't screw with the ignition timing like most aftermarket manufacturers, unlimited rev is the only difference I think it is like $90

cals400ex
11-16-2004, 11:01 AM
i have the aggressive curve gt thunder box. he makes 2 different ones for the 400ex. this aggressive curve box also increases the throttle response. it seems to run much crisper with this box on than the stock box. i would get ahold of rico or even laz at gt thunder about the boxes. they will know more than i do. also, his aggressive box has a bit of an irratic idle where the less aggressive box is supposed to idle smooth. rico runs this box. i would try to run your stock ignition box. i don't see how your nailing the limiter on an aftermarket box. i do but mainly when i am just messing around with a burn out contest or whipping doughnuts. i would see if you are actually gaining rpms with that box over the stock one. when i drag race, i still hit my stock rev limiter in the first 3 gears. i have yet to hit the gt thunder box. i am wondering if it goes to 1500 rpms higher than stock, but i honestly don't know.

YZ400EX
11-16-2004, 12:02 PM
maybe I will get ahold of them an talk about it..As far as me hitting the rev limiter I dont know why I am now either..Like I said with my old big gun full system it was very very hard to hit it, but after switching to this HMF it is very easy. Its almost like it revs much faster or something..I dont really know, but I do know that it sucks. Thanks for all the info guys.