PDA

View Full Version : possible changes to the 06' 450R

chad502ex
11-15-2004, 11:34 AM
Changes to the new 2006 TRX450R:
Today, I've heard from an extremely reliable source that the 06' model will have fuel injection. I won't name the reputable company name from the west coast cause I don't want to expose them before HONDA's announcement. Hint. the West Coast company will be releasing a production turbo kit for the 450R in January for $3500.00.

Now, let's say if Honda did release a fuel injected R, you would think they would opt to include a battery, regulator, stator for computer, and also an electric starter to go along with the fuel injected circuitry.

It just makes sense.

Keep your fingers crossed.

WOW, isn't this all exciting news?

Chad502ex.com

kazpr
11-15-2004, 11:37 AM
Hm sounds pretty cool.

WOracing
11-15-2004, 11:57 AM
why?

chad502ex
11-15-2004, 12:00 PM
more power, better fuel efficiency, and cause they can!! :)

:D

chad

red2004 TRX450R
11-15-2004, 12:17 PM
never have to rejet!!!

Wayne64SS
11-15-2004, 12:33 PM
IF ITS FI IM SO BUYING ONE!!!!

dunebuggie66
11-15-2004, 12:49 PM
just sounds like more complicated crap to deal with. my quad will always have a carb!

beak7707
11-15-2004, 01:44 PM
I have read a couple post on here about possible changes, but do you guys really think they will? I mean its honda they hardly ever change anything. The 400 wouldnt have been upgraded if it werent for the z400 and all other quads in that class having reverse. And its not like honda went crazy all they did was use 450 plastic and add reverse. Thats not much considering other quads in that class have more cc and shocks with rezzies now. Its not like honda saw yami make a 450 and then they just threw something together. You know they had been planning the 450r for years. And changes cost tons of money and R&D time, I dont see them changing there design. Also with fuel injection the cost of the quad itself would have to be raised alot, and the common customer is not intertested in that. On top of all that its not like anybody has any real problems with the 450r, sure people want changes but thats what aftermarket parts are for. Its not the yami where everybody hated the seat and it had electrical problems, thats why yami changed it. There arent any problems with the 450r that everybody wants changed. I see very little if any changes coming to the R. I agree it would be great for fuel injection but look at c-dale the cost are just way to high to sell enough quads to make it. You have to account that only a small percentage of quads are used for racing, so the average rider isnt going to want to pay the extra $1000 or however much, to say they have fuel injection.

ZRider400
11-15-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by dunebuggie66
just sounds like more complicated crap to deal with. my quad will always have a carb!

hahahahha same here:devil: :p

chad502ex
11-15-2004, 02:21 PM
For those of you who plan on sticking with thier ol' carbs, go for it, bet you'll be last on track when EFI is out!

As far as HONDA not making the change, mark my words and remember when they do! I beleive it was Honda that was the first to release EFI on street bikes yars ago before any other manufacture.

There could also be worry about Suziki's new 450 having EFI, ever think HONDA could have heard of this and is preparing now?

hmmm

guess we'll have to wait and see.

chad502ex.com

Jersey450R
11-15-2004, 02:34 PM
Now, let's say if Honda did release a fuel injected R, you would think they would opt to include a battery, regulator, stator for computer, and also an electric starter to go along with the fuel injected circuitry

sounds like problems and around 20-25 extra pounds. might as well buy a raptor:huh

beak7707
11-15-2004, 02:39 PM
I'm not saying it wont happen. I just think if they had any plans to they would have waited longer than what they did and just made it EFI to begin with. And about suzuki I will be amazed if they ever get the thing out. I remeber last year watching GNCC races on speed tv and the suzuki guy saying it was about done. Here we are a year later and no z450 and I havent even heard talk about it lately. Maybe the long wait is because of EFI who knows, I guess your right wait and see. I would say you are right someday they will be EFI, but I think it will be a while.

joedirt
I didn't like the Cannondale for the simple reason that it had EFI. I you want a pipe you have to take it to a dealer to rejet. I will take a good running carb. quad over a EFI quad. I still own a C-dale I never had one problem with it either. Just prefer simple things when it comes to a dirty enviroment.

Jersey450R
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129290

more practical info here:macho

hsr
11-15-2004, 03:51 PM
The bike will have efi at least 1-2 years before the quad gets it.

11-15-2004, 03:55 PM
more problems...look at the cdale efi problems...plus the added weight...im keeping mine how it is...plus then u have to adjust the mapping instead of jets...no thanks...2 many problems and complications and more things to go wrong

Dale512
11-15-2004, 04:03 PM
I doubt Honda would release a 450R with EFI before they put EFI on the CRF, just don't make sense. Also I havent seen many problems with the EFI on the Cannondales, rather the engines themselves. Other than a weak factory battery the Cannondale EFI worked pretty well, but it can definately use some improvement.

Goat397
11-15-2004, 06:23 PM
anyone that knows snowmobiles and tunes them like we all do to our quads knows that carbs are the way to go if your going to work it . efi is that way to go if you wanna keep it stock. carbs much better . And dont think that the 450r will have efi if they havent been running efi on the crfs for at least 2 years so dont expect it untill 2008 if it does happen

trout
11-16-2004, 01:22 PM
Mark my words! Write it down, take a picture, I dont give a F***.

NO EFI ON the 2006 Honda!

You'll be lucky to get a redesigned swingarm and electric start.

ill bet you the title to my 450R.

trout

markk
11-16-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Jersey450R
Now, let's say if Honda did release a fuel injected R, you would think they would opt to include a battery, regulator, stator for computer, and also an electric starter to go along with the fuel injected circuitry

sounds like problems and around 20-25 extra pounds. might as well buy a raptor:huh

LMAO yeah i agree though EFI would be great!!!!, But as for me i like my carbs!!!!!!!!!!!

Sonner or later we are all going to be driving some hopped up metros threw the woods, with some knobby tire! That we have to get our comp out to work on!! and mabey be ASE certified!

Punk'd
11-16-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by WOracing
why?

why not?

ratherbriding99
11-16-2004, 09:41 PM
what if the crf and trx have efi next year? That would be a big year for honda. And also with efi all you have to do is get a bigger injector if your hopping it big time, besides the mapping and things. And i can't see honda just slapping on another 25 pounds. They would work the weight down by lightening other things. And all you guys who say you'll never run efi, or love your carbs. Give it five years, then see what you say. And of course an aftermarket company would know before us so the machine has an aftermarket when its dropped. With the phasing out of two strokes upon us, efi will slowly start to come in also.
Its what we have to do to ride(pollution problems).Either we get cleaner machines or we get no machines. Sorry if i make anybody mad, just saying what i see.

oste
12-02-2004, 07:55 PM
They'll do it to meet EPA emission regulations!

markk
12-02-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by oste

:mad: EPA :mad: Im not smart enuf to work with all the computers, and map sensors, and such that deal with EFI!!!!!

ratherbriding99
12-02-2004, 08:50 PM
sorry man, not to be mean or anything but your gonna have to deal with it. It is where everything is going. I would love it personally. Wouldn't have much to worry about with jetting(assuming it was a full blown efi setup)

markk
12-03-2004, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by ratherbriding99
sorry man, not to be mean or anything but your gonna have to deal with it. It is where everything is going. I would love it personally. Wouldn't have much to worry about with jetting(assuming it was a full blown efi setup)

I actully understand a lot of that stuff, as far as car Injection systems go, and I understand what/how maps work, But i honestly have only had one problem with my carb ever! And that was just my float sticking a little bit!

I know that everything will be converted to EFI SOON than later, but thats just how it is, I just wish somone still mada a kick *** 250cc 2-stroke quad!

CdaleXtreme
12-03-2004, 03:28 PM
I think back in the 80s, a couple guys were passing around a notepad in study hall, and it read something like this..

3whlerKing: I hear Suzuki is gonna put another wheel on their new sport atv.

TrikeRider: More moving parts, 50 Lbs heavier, Junk! They will never beat a trike on the track. Just look at the TRX 100 that thing is as slow as crap.

Gary Denton: Now way! I think it will revolutionize the sport, and it will be the future of ATV racing!

Obviously that story isnt true but you see my point......

Anyone who doesnt think EFI is the way things will be, and are headed, you are in the past, and you will get smoked! Simple as that.

RideRedEX
12-03-2004, 03:50 PM
I'm sure honda will make some changes for 06 . they have to keep the 450 competitive but the also have to keep the retail price competitive. If the price goes to far past the YFZ then honda will lose alot of sales.

ratherbriding99
12-03-2004, 11:20 PM
yea but they could sell them for a decently higher price than the yfz and people would still buy em, i bet, more than alot of other things, but i don't see this all happening in 06. although soon, like within five years.

Jersey450R
12-04-2004, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by ratherbriding99
yea but they could sell them for a decently higher price than the yfz and people would still buy em, i bet, more than alot of other things, but i don't see this all happening in 06. although soon, like within five years.
couldnt have written a better post

markeg192
12-05-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by oste

Or maybe to get a good review in Dirt Wheels. lol

ckasper18
12-05-2004, 10:22 AM
I have worked in a honda dealership for 25 plus years and i hear all kinds of rumers about all kinds of new stuff from all kinds of reliable sources but dont hold your breath.I can personally say they do have some tricks up there sleeves but time will tell.How about the new cross country version with electrick start or the new trx 650r lets all hope that these rumers come true because i could sell alot of both them quads.............Chris

ratherbriding99
12-05-2004, 10:42 AM
yea they should just make the trx450r 50 inches wide, then make the current model a trx450x for xc. And update the shock settings on both.