PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Asap!?!?!?!

DVS_Freestyler
04-17-2002, 03:32 PM
I've been having problems with my 250r lately. the first problem i had was gas just running right threw the carb and out the overflow. but i got that figured out. now my problem is when it starts it runs fine but as soon as you give it a lil throttle it rev's way up or kills on you. it also has started for about 2 secs then killed right away from time to time. i checked the plug and thats good. i dont know what it could be. electrical? gas mixture? the seat in the carb? please help me asap so i can ride this weekend:confused:

twisted threads
04-17-2002, 03:40 PM
It mite have a vacume(sp) leak some were around the carb or the reed cage maybe. I have seen that before.

you may want to look at your reed cage and reeds for cracks or if they are broke.

04-17-2002, 03:47 PM
Looks like Leo's gonna need ta shine up that magic red button tonight,,,somebodies 6 year old got ahold of the puter again..:rolleyes:

400exJOE
04-17-2002, 03:49 PM
lol, I was thinking the same damn thing Rico.

DVS_Freestyler
04-17-2002, 03:54 PM
well i did notice that when i moved the carb a little bit it ran instead of killing right away. im thinking about buying a reed spacer to help bring it back a lil bit and get the extra bottem end power. but i guess it could be the vaccuum. i'll go check it out once.

400exJOE
04-17-2002, 03:57 PM
make sure all carb hoses are on tight and that there are no dry-rot cracks in any of them.