PDA

View Full Version : Wow!!! Simple Green is the Shiznit !!!

gate_keeper_32
11-14-2004, 07:45 PM
I learned about Simple Green from you guys on the forum here, and I first tried it on my 400ex right after I bought it and it accually cleaned off the baked on dirt (the golden brown icky stuff that you can hardly get off with steel wool)...It took a few times of washing it but I gotta tell ya, that stuff is amazing!

I just washed my Z tonight and took the skid plates off the bottom and started on the bottom of the motor where obviously wasnt washed as much as the rest of the motor and I simply just sprayed it on, let it sit for about 3-5 minutes, came back and scrubbed it with a brush and it is just as clean and shiney as the rest of it now.

Plus, it doesnt tarnish the aluminum like other products do. (the white, dusty type stuff that magicaly appears after it dries).

In my opinion, it is the best thing that I've found so far for cleaning anything.

Anyone else like it?

11-14-2004, 07:47 PM
LOVE IT! Use can use it for anything:D

Moto92
11-14-2004, 08:06 PM
use it to clean your foam filter, it will look new again

big_poppa49
11-14-2004, 08:10 PM
nah, only 2 words of a chemical to use for cleaning your quad, Greased Lightning!! With this stuff, trust me, you can see the dirt and grime 'roll' off. Try it on your swingarm and around where your chain is with all the break dust and chain lube, takes it right off!!:blah:

Pappy
11-14-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by big_poppa49
nah, only 2 words of a chemical to use for cleaning your quad, Greased Lightning!! With this stuff, trust me, you can see the dirt and grime 'roll' off. Try it on your swingarm and around where your chain is with all the break dust and chain lube, takes it right off!!:blah:

been there ....and it tarnishes aluminum.

gate_keeper_32
11-14-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

I was about to say the same thing. I dont like it at all because of that. SG is the best so far for me.

BTW pappy, did you get you're OEM plastics yet for you're 450r? That is going to be one bad lookin mo fo when it is done. I cant wait to see a pic of it in the daylight.

gate_keeper_32
11-14-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by fearthisracer
use it to clean your foam filter, it will look new again

Really? Wow! What a coincedence, I took my filter out tonight and was wondering what to clean it with.....Now I know.. Thanks for the advice.;)

Pappy
11-14-2004, 08:40 PM
you mean this one:blah:

gate_keeper_32
11-14-2004, 08:42 PM

Wow, I found myself a new desktop background.:cool:

bradley300
11-14-2004, 08:58 PM
red lighting (made by DandD products) is the best stuff i have found, cleans what the simple green leaves behind

jay's 300
11-14-2004, 09:10 PM

D@m! That's bad@ss Pappy! Excellent job! :devil:

CTmxyfz
11-15-2004, 04:49 AM

thats for sure, had to to polish the side case on the 416 after the GL left streak marks or something. I clean my yfzs motor with it all the time. Sometimes even engine foam degreaser. Works well

muddkitten
11-15-2004, 05:41 AM
don't know if you tried it yet but purple power works the best for me!:cool:

Rico
11-15-2004, 06:25 AM
Greased Lightning!!

I'll never use that stuff on a quad again....:mad: Any bare aluminum will streak and look like crap. Which means, bumpers, nerfs, grab bars, rims, anything that's not coated will be ruined.

DO NOT USE THIS CRAP ON YOUR QUAD.

Stick with Simple Green.

FTR250Rnif
11-15-2004, 06:27 AM
damiit pappy you always have the sickest bikes:chinese:

muddkitten
11-15-2004, 06:41 AM
never had a problem with it.:cool:

MY450R
11-15-2004, 08:16 AM
that thing is f ing sick!!!
i love it

stupid driver
11-15-2004, 09:18 AM
has anyone tried the simple green automotive? I saw it in the store the other day, and was kind of curious. I didnt buy any; i figured i would ask around on here first.

Jersey450R
11-15-2004, 09:24 AM
If i could plug all the holes in my quad and dip my quad in a big tank of simple green, i think my life would be complete! the stuff is incredible!

TCracin440ex
11-15-2004, 09:57 AM
yea simple green is the best stuff ive ever used....i hate grease lightning it sucks for alu...i get that never dull alu. acid and spray on my nerfs and stuff then pressure wash off and has it good as new....

o yea gatekeeper try a pressurewasher that will make your life alot easier....simple green+pressure washer = really clean quad with little to no effort

gate_keeper_32
11-15-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by muddkitten
don't know if you tried it yet but purple power works the best for me!:cool:

I just bought some of that stuff last Friday and used it on my X and I hated it, it too streaked all of the aluminum when it dried up. It cleaned very well, but it leaves the white chalky residue afterwards. Wesly's bleache white does the same thing. I did find out that the Purple Power cleans the tires very good though, but that is all.

Ericthered rdr
11-15-2004, 06:49 PM
I found that BJ's has the best price on SG that I have found $7 for a gallon and a 24 oz spray bottle (full) in the package. I bought it at boaters world once for 18bucks and almost puked when I saw it at BJ's that cheap. Not that I am a liberal tree hugger but one nice thing about SG is it is non-toxic, biodegradeable and enviromentaly friendly:D I use it on my camper, boat, and quads it is thet best cleaner out there period.

gate_keeper_32
11-15-2004, 07:10 PM
Here is a question for you guys that are avid users of SG, do you use it straight or do you dilute it like 50/50 ??? It said on the container to dilute it but for getting the "gold dirt" that has baked on over time off of the motor, I have to use it 100%. Does it work anywhere as good mixed?

ericthered rdr,
that is good to know about BJ's having SG at that price, the next time I go there, I will be sure and stock up on it because I go through alot of it when I wash my quad...And that is after every ride.

big_poppa49
11-15-2004, 08:41 PM

Hmmm, never had that problem here. But though I just mainly use it on like my swingarm and nerfbars, frame, front bumper etc. Didn't do anything to my nerfs or my front bumper nor my air scoops. But I have learned NOT to use it on the paint on your car!! Tried it one time to see if it would get off a spot and it left streaks etc. But haven't had a problem on quads...:ermm:

bulkdriverlp
11-15-2004, 09:01 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/bulkdriverlp/IM000023.jpg
notice how most seats on 300's are usually brown, used grease lightnin on mine and its red all the time. i like that stuff, srpay it on ur bbq gill lid one time youll see.

Pappy
11-15-2004, 09:04 PM
Hmmm, never had that problem here. But though I just mainly use it on like my swingarm and nerfbars, frame, front bumper etc. Didn't do anything to my nerfs or my front bumper nor my air scoops. But I have learned NOT to use it on the paint on your car!! Tried it one time to see if it would get off a spot and it left streaks etc. But haven't had a problem on quads...:ermm:

if your aluminum parts have a coating it usually wont affect them. alot of the nerfs and bumpers on the market do have a coating and are not bare aluminum.

and yes, alot of cleaners will streak auto paint and other coatings so do as the destructions say and spray down your buddies quad first:scary:

hondarider2006
11-16-2004, 12:07 AM