PDA

View Full Version : extented swingarm

CatMostFeared
11-14-2004, 07:17 PM
Ok dads how many of you have extented your kids swingarm
and how long did you make it?I'm going to add more travel to the rearbut not much.

I'm going to go 1- 1 1/4" longer on the eton swingarm and reweld everything with some gussets.

I also want to add a longer shocks so if i cut it in the #1 spot that will give me a longer shock also.

#2 is were I ussed to cut swingarms for banshees and warriors to make them longer.

#3 I can cut the shock brscket loose and mount it lower on the cross member.

QuadJunkies
11-15-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by CatMostFeared
Ok dads how many of you have extented your kids swingarm
and how long did you make it?I'm going to add more travel to the rearbut not much.

I'm going to go 1- 1 1/4" longer on the eton swingarm and reweld everything with some gussets.

I also want to add a longer shocks so if i cut it in the #1 spot that will give me a longer shock also.

#2 is were I ussed to cut swingarms for banshees and warriors to make them longer.

#3 I can cut the shock brscket loose and mount it lower on the cross member.

We Ext. my Daughters Swing to a +2 and the AArms Ext. to a +4 and we have had no issues what so ever :)

660bigdaddy
11-20-2004, 04:58 AM
hey marty, what is the benifit of extending the swinger on a mini? will it slide easier? thanks.

Hetrick Racing
11-20-2004, 07:01 AM
The best thing to do is get an aftermarket swing arm.The reason is just this to notice a difference in the eton it will need to be plus 2 min. most of the time plus 3 is better but then to get the weight back in the center of the quad you will need plus 1 forward a-arms.
The stock round tube swing arms are very weak in design,I would be afraid to extend it.
By no means am I trying to sell you something,just have been down that road on the eton, and it wont last very long.

QuadJunkies
11-20-2004, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Hetrick Racing
The best thing to do is get an aftermarket swing arm.The reason is just this to notice a difference in the eton it will need to be plus 2 min. most of the time plus 3 is better but then to get the weight back in the center of the quad you will need plus 1 forward a-arms.
The stock round tube swing arms are very weak in design,I would be afraid to extend it.
By no means am I trying to sell you something,just have been down that road on the eton, and it wont last very long. I can see that being True I didnt think about the Etons being round tubing. The Kasea's is Dif. :)
But I do like your Diagram Marty!!! :D

CatMostFeared
11-20-2004, 09:55 AM
So +2 is what I need to go.
Yes I agree to the swingarm is thin and would break easy.
I have increased the tubing size.:macho

CatMostFeared
11-20-2004, 01:16 PM
you mean like this

Jonesy
11-20-2004, 08:28 PM
^that is off a 02 polaris predator 90, that the kid beats to death. Definetely needs to be beefed up.

400ex4ever
11-23-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Jonesy
^that is off a 02 polaris predator 90, that the kid beats to death. Definetely needs to be beefed up.

I didn't know the Predator 90 came out in 2002?

Jonesy
11-23-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by 400ex4ever
I didn't know the Predator 90 came out in 2002?

I guess it is an 03 then. All i know is that they bought one of the first ones at the local dealer. It's the neighbor kids so i don't have much information on it.

CatMostFeared
12-14-2004, 01:57 AM
Just went with 1 1/4" longer

Ericthered rdr
12-14-2004, 09:33 AM
thats purdy:D