PDA

View Full Version : Love Offering

BrandonBlackmon
11-14-2004, 05:30 PM
Do you know the overwhelming joy of waking up on Christmas morning to find presents under the tree? Well if you do then please listen up. Me along with my college and career discipleship training class, in church, are trying to take up money to buy presents for a very unfortunate family in our community. They just started attending our church last month, they have two young boys and believe me, they do not have much. God has layed it on my heart to ask you for donations to help make this Christmas for them a very special one. So, if anyone is led to send money for this family you can send it to me by mail. I do not have paypal or any other type payment plan. My address is as follows:
10279 Co. Rd. 51
Jemison, AL, 35085

Just think what one dollar from everyone could do for them!

Thank you for taking time out to read this and God bless you if you choose to help this family.

Scott-300ex
11-14-2004, 09:33 PM
that is awsome man

i also wanted to bump this thread up

i'll try and remember to send 5 bucks in the morning, and heck, im ganna ask kids at school to give me money too.

keep up the great work.

JOEX
11-14-2004, 09:37 PM
If you had paypal i'd send $1000:rolleyes:

YFZ450Ridr
11-14-2004, 09:43 PM
thats awesome. thats really great what your doing for that family. ill see what i can do for them too.

tp300ex
11-14-2004, 09:50 PM
ill send 20$or40$
God Bless

SGA
11-14-2004, 10:08 PM
Whats the name of your church and the phone number? I can call tomorrow and see what else the family can use other than money.

QuadJunkies
11-15-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by SGA
Whats the name of your church and the phone number? I can call tomorrow and see what else the family can use other than money. thats what I was wondering too....

popo
11-15-2004, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by SGA
Whats the name of your church and the phone number? I can call tomorrow and see what else the family can use other than money.

Quad Parts :devil:

BrandonBlackmon
11-15-2004, 09:10 AM
The name of my church is Mineral Springs Baptist.
the number is (205)-646-3480

The only people that know about this project are our preacher (Brother Lee) and our college and career class. Reason for this is that we don't want the word to spread around about what we are trying to do, we want it to be a surprise. If you want to send something besides money, you can send toys, we don't know the sizes of the parents or childrens clothes so, I can't tell you what size they need, but, anything like stocking stuffers, candy or something like that, heck, anything that you want to give would be great. The kids ages are 5 and 7. Thank all of you that are helping out, it is such a blessing to see that there are people out there that have warm hearts.

If you do call, ask for Brother Lee, home- (205)-688-4537; cell-205-281-5832, Tell him that you heard about this project from Brandon Blackmon (me), and ask him what the Noe family might need or want for Christmas. (Talesa and Chris Noe are the parents names.) Thanks again!

BrandonBlackmon
11-15-2004, 11:27 AM
bump

WOracing
11-15-2004, 12:02 PM
wow...im probably going to hell for this but i have no sympathy at all for poor people...

derekhonda
11-15-2004, 12:09 PM
yeah you probably are, but in a way i feel the same way. Granted each situation has its own circumstances, and who knows, maybe they are the nicest people who ran into a string of bad luck. But its just like in highschool, you have the people who refuse to put any effort into anything, and are just down right horrible people. I had often times thought to myself "we will see whose laughing in 10 years when i have a nice house and you are still with your parents" or something to that effect. Wouldnt feel sorry for those people. I am straying way off tangent, but basically, i would never say "all" because that just isnt fair.

WOracing
11-15-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
yeah you probably are, but in a way i feel the same way. Granted each situation has its own circumstances, and who knows, maybe they are the nicest people who ran into a string of bad luck. But its just like in highschool, you have the people who refuse to put any effort into anything, and are just down right horrible people. I had often times thought to myself "we will see whose laughing in 10 years when i have a nice house and you are still with your parents" or something to that effect. Wouldnt feel sorry for those people. I am straying way off tangent, but basically, i would never say "all" because that just isnt fair.

i guess you right, but still something over the internet is just waiting for something to happen. Ive seen so many things go wrong with money over the internet so i cant trust anything, the most i can say is good luck i guess...most poor people have done it to themselves though...around here atleast

chucked
11-15-2004, 02:18 PM
I used to work with a guy who would spend all of his money on tools, then when x-mas time came around he was poor and tried taking up a collection so his kids could have x-mas.

BrandonBlackmon
11-15-2004, 03:35 PM
I know it is hard to believe people you don't know, therefore making it hard to send money for something you don't even know is true or not, but on the other hand, what is one dollar? God knows the truth and he will reward you in heaven for acts such as these and he will deal with a person that, should we say, cons people out of their hard earned money. I don't hold anything against you brother, but I just want people to know that this project is lagit. It is a option for people to do good not a requirement.

God smiles when you do good things in his name!

BrandonBlackmon
11-15-2004, 03:35 PM
I know it is hard to believe people you don't know, therefore making it hard to send money for something you don't even know is true or not, but on the other hand, what is one dollar? God knows the truth and he will reward you in heaven for acts such as these and he will deal with a person that, should we say, cons people out of their hard earned money. I don't hold anything against you brother, but I just want people to know that this project is lagit. It is a option for people to do good not a requirement.

God smiles when you do good things in his name!

BrandonBlackmon
11-15-2004, 03:44 PM
And another thing, even though you feel the way you do, the kids in that family are innocent of slacking in high school and whatever else you dished out about (poor people), so what I am trying to say is that they (the kids) can't help that they will be getting a routine crappy Christmas.

quadrcr161
11-15-2004, 03:54 PM
email beaner and ken from 100.5, last year they did some special xmas stuff for a family last year. they will be holding a contest to pick a family to help. email them the story and they might help. the web site is beanerandken.com

BrandonBlackmon
11-15-2004, 03:56 PM
thanks to the both of you!

quadrcr161
11-15-2004, 04:05 PM
if you go to their site, you can read all they did, decorated, cleaned, cooked, and placed presents for the family. good luck i hope you make a difference

BrandonBlackmon
11-15-2004, 04:38 PM
thanks again!

n00b on a 400ex
11-15-2004, 06:26 PM
just a question, but to the parent(s) have a job?

BrandonBlackmon
11-15-2004, 07:01 PM
I know the father does, but I don't know about the mother.

gyt-r450
11-15-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by WOracing
wow...im probably going to hell for this but i have no sympathy at all for poor people...

yeah u are and these oneal bars dont help

BrandonBlackmon
11-16-2004, 08:54 AM
bump

PBlackmon
11-16-2004, 11:01 AM
I'll see if I can give you some $$

BrandonBlackmon
11-17-2004, 02:18 PM
thanks cuz