PDA

View Full Version : Nerf bar mounting locations

chucked
11-14-2004, 01:05 PM
Are there any nerf bars that do NOT mount up to the two bolts used for the foot pegs? Reason asking, One of the bolts broke off there, then while using an easy out, the easy out broke off inside, no use drilling that out. I think im just gonna weld that part of the peg to the frame, as long as I can find a set of nerf bars that do not use that location to mount.

Cole Trane
11-14-2004, 01:31 PM
Have you tried taking it to a shop to get it drilled out. Any service station could probably do it for around 10 bucks.

chucked
11-14-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider2002
Have you tried taking it to a shop to get it drilled out. Any service station could probably do it for around 10 bucks.

no.... the hardened steel ez out broke! its as strong as the drill bit. I can get it out, but its not worth the time. I will just weld it. I think ac racing has a set of nerf bars that mount to the pegs themselves

flipstick04
11-15-2004, 11:22 AM
I've had ez outs break, and they will drill out, just takes the right kind of bit.. I'm sure a shop could do it.. I wouldn't weld it though.

chucked
11-15-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by flipstick04
I've had ez outs break, and they will drill out, just takes the right kind of bit.. I'm sure a shop could do it.. I wouldn't weld it though.

If I ever need to remove it, I can easily grind the welds off.